Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 31, 2015

May....disasters

what most days looked like
Usually, April showers bring May flowers....but not this year. We had tornadoes, rains and flash flooding most of the month- our little house was tried several times- and passed the test. First, with the first heavy storms we realized our gutters were stuffed up. The hubs had to buy a ladder and clean those suckers up...once he found the culprit (debris from when they changed the roof), the gutters worked great. We also found out (when we bought our washer and dryer) that the dryer tube was full of lint so we bought one of these...and they work like a charm....buy the extension, clearly the system is not long enough on its own. And nothing was really done to the backyard....except we have a mushroom farm out there....I'm thinking of taking them to market...haha.

And allergies have been record dreadful for most of us. Dom is the worst- he had a fever for three days! It comes and goes...and then his belly hurts or his eyes....or his back....it kinda stinks. We should probably get him tested soon so we can know how to help him better.



 We have finally moved in!!! Uncle J, Hubby's brother, came to help us move and they also went birding. Dom kept asking where Uncle J was....and to this day, still asks me.
the only time Dom has sit down for a movie.

No more apartment life. We got used to this big space really fast. We love that Dom can bring toys in the living room and still be out of  the way. We also had two baby swings and those were out of the way...nobody was tripping over anybody this time. It's great. We're only gonna go up from here.
Moving in

Finally bought that lawnmower

I thought I had moved MOST of the stuff already

We celebrated mother's day with a family lunch. we celebrated our 8th anniversary by cleaning the gutters and the dryer lint vent haha. Finally! after 8 years, 2 children, 4 cities, 6 apartments, and countless dates......we can finally add our first home to the list.

We had a garage sale- mostly old things that we've had since married and a lot of  baby stuff. I didn't think I had a lot of the latter, but I've made quite a bit of money- and that's not even selling toys, that's just for baby essentials- 2 swings, boppy pillow, heart listener, travel bed, extra bathtub, and baby bottles and extra junk like that. Who knew??? my house is so much bigger now! I love it, and besides, Ethan never really used any of it. He's still nursing, so no need for so many bottles (just 2), and the rest of the stuff he's already outgrown....no more newborns in this house.

Ethan is doing great- he's tried more foods since last post. He loves bananas, but hates everything else. He gags on peas, carrots, sweet potato, and apples. Tempermental child. I thought breastfed babies were more tolerant because milk takes the flavor of whatever you eat. Dom ate everything I gave him...all of it. Ethan acts like it's poison and starts gagging....threw up a couple of times. What a drama queen. I even tasted the food....and it was fine. We'll keep trying.
waiting for Dada to come home

Buddies...for now

Dom is doing quite well. He does speech twice a week, and Ms. April tells me he's got a really good memory. They are working on the S sound...but I guess it's normal for children to not have that sound until later in life. We might as well take care of it now. He will start school in September and is quite the negotiator and will say the most crazy things. He asks for sweets right after going #2, so he'll go to the bathroom, pretend to push, and say "ok mama, no poopies today, maybe tomorrow, cookie?"
or I'll give him a sweet for something done right and he'll say..."ok mama...one cookie....one more cookie". He thinks he can outsmart me....he'll ask for 3 cookies if you let him. That's why he loves his Guelita's house. She gives in....most of the time...I'm always the bad guy.
He likes to talk a lot now...he's only got a loud voice, he can't whisper. Yesterday, we went to eat out and Dom would only drink the soda, finally his daddy said something "Dom, you need to eat some fries....." "Dada...stop talking....I wanna drink soda" LOL....I have NO idea where he learned that ...but I'm glad it wasn't "shut up". The group next to us, couldn't help but chuckle.
 He's starting to really get the hang of prepositions....so instead of "table", he'll say "over the table, under the table"....he's so good. And he's got the memory of an elephant. He remembers SO many things that I don't think he does. SO, I don't lie to the guy...cause he'll remember. "remember mama, remember? Go to store today and get surprise". He thinks that every time we go to the store, it entails a "surprise"....it's hard for him to walk out with nothing....it's a good lesson to learn. But if we go to TJmaxx, he usually gets something...so he only likes that store.....He is NOT dumb...haha. And he goes potty all by himself, I'm so proud of him.
The other day I was explaining that Uncle J went to the airport (and a plane) to be with his babies. A couple of weeks later we went to a playground that had a plane, and he was playing on it. I asked him where he was going and he said " silly mama, I'm going to the airport".

Guelita found old Legos...Dom was in
heaven.

SO tired...does not sleep well at night

Spencer thought he was ready to quit, and then had a change of heart. So, he decided to stay. But now, he will only work 7 nights a month, and the rest will be days and swings (5pm to 1am). They are in the process of hiring more people and maybe opening a piece of the group here in Edmond OU center. That would be great if they did, they already asked Spencer if he would be the team lead for the mid levels...what an honor. I keep telling him that everything happens for a reason....he must be doing a good job. IT's not his dream job.....but he will find it eventually. For now, this is good, and I will see him a bit more. Giving us more time to spend together AND work on the house.

IT's been exhausting, but we made it....I'll post about all the house upgrades soon...


No comments: