Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 7, 2015

5 months


Ethan has been doing so well...he's already at 15 lbs...sounds gigantic to me. He's so close to sitting unsupported and he has rolled over four times....intentionally.

He is so relaxed. I've never noticed how high maintenance his older brother is...until he came along. He's down for whatever, as long as he comes along. He is SUCH a momma's boy. He won't even let Spence feed him....a bottle (he's not nursing haha). It has to be momma- i put him to bed,feed him, and change him. Its odd...Dom was a little easier going with things like this. I was told babies sometimes don't take bottles from their mommy because they can smell the breastmilk....but not this guy. He wont take any bottle from amybody unless it's me. 




I'm very sad to say that I cannot longer keep up with his milk needs. I was able to save about 25 baggies of frozen milk the first three months (it seems i had so much back then)... The 4th month was iffy...i started formula because of thrush...and maybe that was my downfall. Some days i have enough, some days i clearly dont. I guess 5 months was a good run...not good enough for me, but okay I guess. A week shy of 5 months, we tried rice cereal- he did rather well. Pooped it the next day, so we tried a second time. 

Goodbye mustard-yellow, greek-yogurt-smelling poop....  i will actually miss you. dom had a lot of formula so he never had sweet smelling poop like this. I actually looked forward to changing diapers with E. It did stain everyrhing though, more than formula poop i think. i'll  keep pumping and feed him during the day- I gave in and got a pump , it was cheaper than a manual pump so I took the plunge- that way I dont lose my supply, whatever little I have left. Clearly I'm not one of those women who has an overabundance of milk. I did the best I could with what I had. 

Ethan doesnt sleep very much. He's got dark circles under his eyes. Some of the time I think its because of Dom- he's just too noisy. but other times, he'll only sleep about 20 min. So, he sleeps about three 15-20 min naps ( maybe one of them will turn into an hour) and then goes to bed around 7pm and wakes up every two hours (maybe three,mostly two though) until 7 am. Is that weird? I feel like he needs to sleep more, but even being alone, sometimes, doesnt work either. He reminds me of the kid in the disney movie "meet the robinsons"- Dom is the inventor kid that stays up way too late, and Ethan is the roomate who's always tired and blames the inventor for his failures.

Oh man... I'm still on survival mode... As soon as I sit down, i know i"ll fall asleep- so i stand and walk all day long. You would think, i shoulda lost the baby weight....but no. don't worry...i'm not skinny but I look way better than i did with my first one around this time. My c scar still hurts from time to time, so only cardio will do...and thats okay. i'm not trying to qualify for the olympics haha. But i looked at the scale two days ago and I'm only 10lbs over my pre baby weight...except you couldn't tell because my legs are massive....stupid genetics. I gotta keep reminding myself that i just gave birth to a big baby.... I think once Dom goes to school, maybe I'll the weight loss exercise more serious. He will be gone in the afternoon for about 4 hours...we'll see if Ethan sleeps better then too.

Dom is getting so much better with Ethan. I never would have thought he would be so nurturing. He comes over everytime he cries and pats him and rells him "its ok, we're all here". Or he'll come over and get his attention and say "hi, hi, hi" and E loves the attention. 

I'm so excited...this next month he should be rolling over more and sittimg by himself....finally, our infant days are behind us. And we finally beat thrush...yay!

No comments: