Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 30, 2015

April Showers

April has come and gone...way too fast. The weather this time around was so nice, except for a week where it just poured on us. The kids and I found time to run outside, and walk after dinner everyday...I have to get them tired in some way.
Getting some dinner together after sanding all day...Dad was in AZ

Dominic is doing very good in therapy. He has practically memorized all the questions that they use for practice. The SLP says that Dom has a superb memory. Just the other day, I was moving some stuff to the new house, and I happened to pack some of his "cars" plates from his last birthday party. He immediately looked at them and said..."mama!! remember mama? remember? we had pizza?" I was speechless for a bit. How can someone so tiny remember what happened more than 4 months ago? that's outstanding. Here I am wondering what I had for dinner last night.
Holding his own bottle...too cool

His tantrums have gotten better, but they have not disappeared. If there is no nap (which usually there isn't)...everyday starting at 5pm...he's a nightmare...but then he goes to bed easily by 8pm, leaving me with an hour of free time. If he took a nap, then he would easily go to bed by 10:30pm....so we like the "no nap" rule, but every once in a while....it happens. He loves going to the new house and browsing through all the toys I've already moved...it's like a surprise every time. He also loves the backyard....and Ethan is the same way. Outside getting some vitamin D, is the only way he stays quiet.
Couple of goofballs

Spencer was able to get a week off and visit his younger brother. They went to look at some birds and get them off their bucket list or something like that. He was well rested and ready to work the next three weeks when he came home. He works too much, but they are in the process of finding more people to work the extra shifts...so, hopefully, this is temporary. He says he misses the kids too much....I can't say that...because I'm here ALL THE TIME (haha). But it would be nice to have him home more often, especially during nights.
We attended our very first comedy show downtown. It's been so long since we have done something like that....it's been easily 4 years....things were a lot more simpler before kids. My mom was kind enough to watch them, but I think it was too long....so we won't be doing it again anytime soon.
waiting for the show to start

Ethan is still growing, but not too much. He can almost sit on his own...he tries...he tries. He can almost roll and he loves to watch anything- tv, the birds outside, Dominic running and screaming....
He's the mama's boy...he loves to be held and played with, and he loves being at the dinner table with us...even though he doesn't eat table foods yet.

I was not able to accomplish much...or so it seems. I'm the main one moving stuff from apartment to the new house, since Spencer is either working or away. I do about 6 boxes every day (that's all that fits in my car with both kids) and I go over there and unload them and put stuff where it's suppose to go...so, when we finally move in, I'm not unpacking anything at all....everything was done. All we have to do now, is move all the big furniture (plus our small essentials....but that will be easy)....and  call it a day, but that will be later next week. All of the children's room is at the over house, and most of our clothes and shoes are over there too. The kitchen has moved over there as well, except for a few food items and plates.
I wanted to work out in some form...but I guess moving stuff was it (and taking the kids for a walk after dinner every night). I had no time to do anything else. If anything, I'm tired all the time....like I'm running on empty by 5pm every day....but it'll be worth it, once we move. I have been so angry and frustrated these past couple of weeks, that two days ago, I started yanking weeds from the back yard (it had rained for the past two days so the ground was soft). Before I knew it, within the hour, I had pulled the majority of the really big ones....and I was no longer angry....so there you go, you don't need medicine...just pull some weeds. I'm in the process of cleaning both bathrooms and kitchens, so when we move I don't have to. Spencer and I have been hard at work painting the bedrooms and sanding some baseboards and doorways....so that takes up a lot of our time too.
He likes being by his big brother...and trying to watch whatever he is
watching

I have also been hitting all the neighborhood garage sales, to see what organizing stuff I can find. So far, I have found some drawers for the kids' toy room...which was a crucial need. I hope to find more stuff like that....it'll make my life so much easier (to not buy brand new stuff). People are always wanting to get rid of shelves and things like that...so, we'll see.
I'm not really sure what's going on here...but Dom loves it when E is on
top of him.

So, basically, April was exhausting....let's so how May goes....

No comments: