Ethan is now 4 months old- he talks, screams when no attention is given to him, he touches and licks his toes, started to put his butt up for crawling purposes, can roll to one side, can hold his bottle and loves his older brother.
Today at the doctor's, he weighed in at 14lbs 14oz and was 24in long- still a slim jim.
He is STILL battling thrush....is this ever going to end???? Actually, because the dr did not see any thrush on his cheeks or lips (its only on his tongue), she is no longer sure its thrush. So, no refill on the med was given, but we're still doing the gentian violet method. I'm trying to cut all sweets from MY diet so they don't come thru my milk...but let's face it...milk IS sugar....But,it is a lot better though. I can see the bottom of his tongue now. He wakes up 3-4 times a night, finally waking up at 9 am. It's weird...I feel he does not really eat during the day and then he tries to overfeed right before going to bed at 8pm, and then feeds every couple of hours...until about 6am...then sleeps in until 9am. He will never cry (just grunts) or open his eyes during night feedings. And, he will go right back to bed without cradling- I lay him down and he sleeps again with a little help from instrumental music.
We're still nursing. I thought if I introduced formula, I would avoid giving him the bacteria that causes thrush...but then my milk supply suffered...drastically. So, we went back to full nursing mode (and still taking fenugreek pills) but I changed my diet- I cut most sweets and ate more kale and spinach. I'm not sure if it's helping...but it did go down, but it's not gone. I don't know what else to do. I'm thinking maybe...I should just stop nursing all together...or maybe just pump...but that would be super annoying.....and I would have to buy a double pump, which is pricey. OR just switch to formula altogether...which is also pricey.
I don't think we will introduce foods this month. I did it with Dom because his doctor told me to, and he had the worse tummy ache EVER. He was annoying for like 5 days....so no. Ethan will wait...he still fills up on milk, so we'll keep doing that. We'll play it by month...we'll see if by month 5, I feel he's ready to start tasting stuff. For now, I have no problem keeping up with the nursing. I don't know if I'm ready to do homemade baby food just quite yet....that takes too long. And like I said, I don't think Ethan is ready anyways. I'm not going to force him, like I did Dom. I've tried putting food close to his mouth and he has no interest in it...so whatever.
![]() |
| Lifting his butt up |
Ethan is starting to make this weird sound- I think he's trying to laugh or something. He usually does it with his older brother. Dom still likes to take care of him. He likes to make him smile.
![]() |
| Looks nothing like his older brother at this age. |
![]() |
| I envy his flexibility |
![]() |
| Soaking up some rays |
![]() |
| A hard night....both stayed up WAY too late....Dad happens to be covered up in the middle. |
I really don't like this phase...the first 9 months or so...it's so boring...even Ethan gets bored. You can tell he wants to do soooo much, but is not able to. All they do is eat, sit and poop. They get SO much better once they're mobile (especially walking and talking). Even though Dom sometimes has tantrums, his stage is far better than Ethan's....sorry little buddy...good thing they grow. Sometimes I wonder what possessed me to have another one...but then I think of how much fun Dom is now....we play swords, and jump on the trampoline, and sing and dance...it's far better than where Ethan is now....but he'll get there. He'll probably talk sooner than Dom...he's a lot more vocal than his brother was at his age. They're both pretty active, Ethan can stay awake for about 3 hours now. It's so interesting how different they are, even though they are the same gender. Dom is so organized and clean, like me. And Ethan is so goofy like Spencer, even at this age, he does goofy things and smiles WAY too much. He stares at me until I notice and look at him...then he smiles and turns his head....and he will do it like 15 times in a row!!! I think he's a bit more attached than Dom was...so I think he's the mama's boy around here. He recently started hugging me with both arms...squeezing and slobbering all over me. I thought he was trying to eat me...but now I'm not so sure.
![]() |
| Trying up the jumperoo a little earlier than Dom did. But like his older brother, he hates sitting. He's getting so big....he'll be scooting in no time.... |








No comments:
Post a Comment