Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 28, 2015

6 months


Ethan has grown exponentially this month. He has learned how to sit and army crawl...but refuses to do it. Mom's arms are best...when it comes to moving/transportation. He will tolerate the car seat and stroller, unlike his older brother did at this age.  I swear I have heard him say "mom" several times while looking at me, but I am really not sure if it is what I think it is.
 
At the 6 month check up, he measured 28in and weighed 17lbs....still a slim jim, but he looks gigantic to me. He's actually 2 lbs heavier than Dom was at this age. I thought breast fed babies were suppose to be tiny. He hates shots...screams way too loud.Dom never did that...I mean he cried...but Dom has a much higher tolerance for pain than E does. The only time, E really screams, is when he gets shots....or Dom steps on him (which has happened several times). He's actually fallen off the couch twice already....first time, he didn't cry. But he did fall onto carpet...I'm sure hardwood floor would have been a different story. This time around, he only screamed when the actual shot was done, once I picked him up- he stopped...much better from last time. I'm so happy my kids are not whiners.....I think I would have gone insane by now.
 
not sure about the hammock
He loves the jumper. Dom never liked it, but his little brother can spend a good 10-15 minutes on it. It's awesome. I have enough time to wash dishes, or the stove. Bad thing- little goober only takes 15min naps (about 4 of them during the day- with noise or without). Every once in a while, he'll surprise me and take an hour nap during the day....but that's rare. He's just like Dom in that sense...they sleep too little during the day. But he's a wonderful sleeper at night, He doesn't struggle to go back to bed after eating...at all.
 
6 month checkup...right before the shots...I think he knew they were
coming.
He loves to stand. Put him in front of the sofa, and he's game. He can stand for a long time...probably 3 minutes or so, before collapsing....those are some strong legs. I'm thinking he might walk early, like Dom did. He has no interest in crawling, and hates being laid down. He wants to be where the action is. This is more of an incentive to move faster. And loves watching Dom jump.
 
No more car seat...they can now sit together when we go grocery shopping
These are FAR more interesting that those silly baby toys...he'll push
himself off the couch this way...ouch.

Daddy was singing to him...NOT a fan

sat for the first time (unassisted) on June 10th in the morning

Sat in the tub June 12...he always grins like that...he's got a little secret

Fellow birders in Dallas.

Having fun in Austin TX


Well, that's....ambitious
He loves to eat. He eats baby food at noon and five. For noon- he will have oatmeal and mixed fruits. For dinner- he will have rice and  a mix of veggies. I make my own baby food...I just don't trust the baby food jars (the cereals I buy)...there's too much junk in there besides food.....don't  believe me? Make your own...and then smell your baby's poo....smells SO MUCH different....not so nasty, especially when you have to clean the cloth diapers.
 
If I have to use food...I buy organic pouches, and whatever I do not use with Ethan, I will use in my smoothies....figured it's all the same. I have NEVER given my children anything that I did not eat myself. He will eat anything mixed...but don't separate veggies (like only carrots...or only peas...he'll gag). He is actually quite ambitious. He'll try to eat off my plate. He has tried a burrito tortilla (picture above), cheerios, goldfish....really. He still has no teeth...so it worries me, and he has not really mastered the chewing, so I try to avoid giving him solids...for now, mush it is. He has tried that puffy cereal...but he struggles with it....so we use it very sparingly.
 
He is mostly breastfeed. I have to supplement 6oz every day. Not bad I guess...but tedious if we travel. So far, I have not bought ANY formula though- it's so nice. I am living off of samples....I love it. I hope to keep it up. I still have like 4 tubs in the pantry...it will probably be enough for another 4 months. And those Enfamil/similac checks come in handy when it goes on clearance...free formula.
Thrush has been gone for about 6 weeks...He had it really bad, I just had never dealt with it, so I had no idea what I was looking at. I mean, his tongue is completely cleared now....back then, it was so white. I was a terrible mother. I can't believe it took us like 4 months to get rid of it. I had to change my diet drastically- back to juicing and meds to finally whip its butt....and it hasn't come back.
 
We have gone back to cloth diapers, except at night and when we travel. I would never ask anyone to use their washing machine to wash my dirty poopy diapers. And at home,I actually use mostly prefolds...so much easier than the $20 pricey diapers everyone uses. Prefolds and covers are all I use, and I can go 5 days without washing diapers (I will rinse the 2nd or 3rd day). And at night...most of the time, silly Ethan sleeps in our bed (so we use a disposable). He just sleeps better...he starts in the pack-n-play for about 4-5hrs, and then moves next to me. And he kicks a lot...but I'd rather get kicked in the face, than wake up every 2hrs. He has actually slept thru the night (8hrs) 3 days in a row....and recently reverted back to waking up twice- midnight and 4am, and EVEN more recently...every 3 hours... I think it's a growth spurt. But it's nice to NOT spend money on diapers (since I had already bought 4 disposables boxes before he was born), wipes (I was able to score 20 wipe refills for FREE by rebates and couponing. I actually have cloth wipes, but have yet to use them.), or formula. This has been so easy for me this time around. With Dominic, I was hurrying to buy formula, and wipes...and diapers for travel (we did travel more with Dom though).blah!
monkey boy
loves standing

Ethan and Dominic have a blast together. Dominic acknowledges Ethan every day , all the time. I really thought Dom would have a hard time with another baby....but he actually enjoys it. He's so loyal, and loves to make him smile or laugh. I'll say "he likes you Dom, keep doing it"....and he will keep doing it. He likes being the older brother. Dom always goes into my room and says good morning to Ethan and Ethan ALWAYS smiles....he knows who Dom is.

Now, that summer is in full blast mode...we have gone to the splash park, and Dom loves it (by then way...the water is super cold) and Ethan hates it. We play with super soakers in the back yard...and Ethan hates getting sprayed on. I'm thinking he doesn't really like the water very much, but never cries about it. Even as a baby, he never cried at bath time. I remember Dom would screamed bloody murder the first couple of weeks....and he LOVES the water now.

The eczema is pretty much gone on Ethan...so much better skin than Dom's. I only use the over the counter stuff, not the rx...which is good. with Dom, I was using the prescription constantly, it worried me.
I've only had one refill with Ethan...so maybe it will be gone by next winter...fingers crossed.

I can't wait to see what he does in the next month or so....

No comments: