This last month, it seemed we didn't really do anything...it went by too fast.
We have been finishing up some half projects around the house. Dom loves running in the backyard, he hardly uses the IPAD or the tv anymore. I found him a water/sand table with accessories (on the side of the road...nice people around here) and he loves that. We play with nerf water soakers all the time. He actually prefers that to the splash pad...probably because the water there is SO cold. he rather just get hosed. I am in the process of trying to find a plastic playhouse for Dom for outside...but people want WAY too much for it. Every now and then they pop up on Facebook for $50 ( a great deal!) BUT.....they go within 30minutes. I don't check my phone often enough to even get in line....and I refuse to do it. I refuse to be like my husband and check my Facebook or newsfeed every 15minutes...I am not running a company, I can certainly put more time and effort into something else....like my kids.
Dom is also signing a lot in the car. His vocabulary has grown so much. He knows about three primary songs (the apricot tree, hello (welcome song) and the birds in the nest)...he has an astounding memory. we read at night and his favorite book is "goodnight moon" and "if I teach my dog 100 words" (from the Dr. Seuss collection)- he knows most of the words in a specific page....one could almost say that he was reading....he's that good....but of course, he's not. Since he likes words and vocab right now, I also got him a plane magnet from leap frog where you can make 3 letter words...they no longer make things like these....not magnetic (not small enough to stick to the fridge) anyways. He loves it! That's when you can tell he can't read- he'll say things like "p...h....k.....book...I spelled book!".....so, this is going to take a while, but the fact that he's even interested at 3 in words....when he didn't even talk until 18 months...is great by me. He doesn't like to color or sit down for that matter, so whatever I can do to have teaching moments with him....is great. Ethan is usually right there....sucking on a letter.
Dom has done so well in therapy. Everyone understands what he is saying....which is a HUGE accomplishment from a year ago. He LOVES LOVES transformers right now, and has quite a collection- 4 to be exact, thanks to Guelita....and TJMaxx. He also loves the Lego Movie and has started watching "alice in wonderland", "peter pan", and "Aladdin" at Guelita's house. I feel like I need to expand my collection of movies...but usually none of my kids pays attention to the tv....I'm not sure it its' worth it. For now, I think we're okay with the 20 we have plus whatever Netflix has. Did you know that if you have Amazon Prime, you can also access free movies and shows? Just learned that a few days ago. And Dom has added swimming lesson to his list of busy summer activities- twice a week for 45min, I was able to find a church member to help him out. I've noticed that he's exhausted and he eats really well, when he has classes. So, I think we just need to get him tired in order for him to eat. Starting September, he'll go to preK in the afternoon...we'll see how that goes.
Spencer was able to get a week off, and we went to Austin to visit family. It was fun to see the cousins. Dom has taken a liking to the Austin Coffeys, and they have for him as well. He learned how to drive a power wheels. He will be an engineer of some sort- he kept stopping and trying to figure out how the darn thing worked. Spencer was also able to change the fence of our house and redo the gate to his liking. That was a huge ordeal...especially for a property virgin like him. He tackled it, and made it happen. So proud of him. He has said, that he will never do such thing again. He will just pay someone to do it. Funny how MR. DYI changed his mind so fast....just a month ago he was talking about changing the whole kitchen....and now he won't even do the fence. He is also taking good care of the lawn...it's starting to look really good..it just needed some TLC. We also celebrated him for father's day- he got a much needed stud finder. We celebrated at BJs and he got a fathers day glass- his dream...haha.
I am taking care of babies, household chores, and garage sale-ing...finding stuff to accessorize the rooms with. If I go to hobby lobby or Michael's...it would get too expensive. I keep finding sports theme items for the boys' rooms....so that's what I'm going for. I am also finding frames for new pics. I HAVE to put Ethan somewhere...I can't just leave him out of pictures.
I exercised every day for two weeks...but then got distracted...I ended up sanding or digging post holes, or cleaning the Entry tile with a toothbrush (primarily, because nothing else worked...it was grime from the last 15 yrs!!!)...so I guess that's working out too...in a sick way. But I'm definitely not resting nor watching tv...so don't ask me about ANYTHING primetime...cause I don't know anything. I actually just do Netflix and only between 8pm-10pm.....I'm so lame. The only tv I watch is weekdays at 5:30pm- the world news on ABC....haha, I gotta read up on my news like an old woman.
We have summer plans in the next couple of months...We'll see if we actually do what's been talked about. If so, I'm sure I will update the blog.







No comments:
Post a Comment