My youngest has mastered crawling. He just goes around the house looking into each individual room and see what's left on the floor....sorry child, your mother actually picks up. I make sure legos (and small toys) are off the floor, and laundry has been put away so I can rest in peace. I mostly clean up when Ethan sleeps....that's really the only time I can do it. When he naps for about 30 mins...it's a miracle...I can do dishes, put them away, fold the laundry load and maybe pick up the toy room....I think it's like a pit stop crew...you know you only have so much time...so once you know you have it...you go go go.
 |
| crawling everywhere |
Ethan has actually also climbed the stairs (unsupervised most of the time)...when he's quiet is when we know he is up to no good. He is able to stand up, sit down, and take steps while holding onto something. I am not sure why my children insist so much on walking so early. I fear he might beat Dominic (he walked at 9 months...barely). Dom actually walked before he got teeth. Speaking of...Ethan has been sleeping terrible, I think it's the teeth. There is no bump, nor does it hurt when I nurse....but it's gotta be that. I cannot pinpoint another issue. It seems to be more of an issue at night...waking up like 5 or 6 times...and he sleeps next to me in bed. I NEVER did that with my firstborn...but I have been so sleep deprived for so long...that I think at this point...whatever extra 15 min I get....I'll take it. I found some homeopathic orajel and I've heard clove oil helps....so far, it's been working so much better....but we'll see if it keeps it up.
But Ethan should really be sleeping in his own bed. I would LOVE for him to sleep in the crib in Dom's room (he only takes daytime naps there), but I'm so afraid that he will wake up Dom when he cries, and then I'll have two awake babies...and once Dom is up...HE. IS. UP....he is his father....his father has been known to stay up for 24 hrs before.
 |
| He loves cars |
He's also my chunky baby- he's around 18 pounds (on his light days). Dom was barely 20 pounds at his year checkup...I think it was because he hadn't pooped haha.
This kid...will eat anything anytime. He's a social eater...if people around him are eating..he will too. He eats everything- baby cereal, crackers, chips, cookies, cheerios, fruits, veggies, chicken broth...I haven't given him meat...I'm scared. Poop with meat just STINKS....like really bad. I am not ready to change those diapers quite yet....so for now he's getting protein from legumes haha. I'll eventually gather up the courage to do it. For now, I only give him veggies with meat broth...so he can get a taste for it, without actually eating meat.
 |
| This tiny tunnel got very little use...my kids are so tall |
 |
| Getting the hang of riding...he's got great balance |
 |
| He found the legos...and he loves them! |
His older brother Dominic is having a hard time getting used to him crawling. He will constantly push him and stand in his way, so he doesn't move further. He actually also closes the door to the toy room and he'll say "Ethan...this is MY toy room...not yours". We knew this would happen. We tell him all the time, that there is Ethan (baby) toys in there too...but Dom doesn't care. He keeps saying..."It's his EVERYTHING" (everything is mine). I have a feeling that Ethan will be bigger than Dom (since he actually eats), so I wish Dom would be nicer to him, so Ethan will be nice to him in the future as well, and not sit on him or something.
When Dom gets in Ethan's way, Ethan will actually try to bite him...too bad there's no teeth...yet. We will address that issue when we get there. At the same time, I want Dom to get bitten, so he knows what's it like when you're mean to someone. I have noticed, more so now, that maybe it's not that Dom is mean...Dom is just rough...that's the way he plays. Mainly, because his father plays that way with him. Spencer will constantly stand in Dom's way and wrestle him, and even sit on him...because he thinks its funny. I say that's bullying...but daddy says "it's out of love...so it's not". So, Dom takes it out on Ethan...it's the only play he knows. I hope he'll be nicer when school starts...maybe he'll learn with the other kids.
But Dom says all the time he loves his baby brother...so I'm not super concerned...except when he sits on top of his "baby brother"...and I yell. It seems this month, I have been doing that a lot.
 |
Both watching TV....A MIRACLE (little einsteins). Both my children hate that jumper thing...they must think it's a punishment. They like to roam. |
 |
| Both actually playing together nicely...ANOTHER MIRACLE |
I can't believe Ethan is already 8 months...time goes by WAY too fast....at the same time, I'm glad it does...babies are a little boring to me. I like Dom's age...he's so much fun. It's so much more interactive. I'm really looking forward to getting that with Ethan. One thing I know for sure...is that he's a BIG mamma's boy. When he's super worked up, NOBODY...can't do anything for him, except his mom....I'm not sure that I like that....
 |
| I'm not gonna lie....babies are cute when they sleep....too bad mine don't. |
No comments:
Post a Comment