Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 1, 2015

July Happenings

July was busy for us...what month is not???
july 4th celebration

Spencer is the only mid level working at the hospital, so he doesn't get a lot of days off. When he does, he likes to work in the yard. He has been preparing all month with plans on how he's going to build a treehouse for the kids (so he says...) in the backyard...and do a little landscape. Eventually, we will do a garden on one side (the side with the new fence) and then landscape the others....and put a tree house and put some  nice rubber mulch or something under the trees to separate the space as a play area. But...eventually...I"m hoping to see if seeds and some other landscape stuff goes on sale later in August...so we're not spending a fortune.
My natural-ness is rubbing off on him...because I found him researching on the internet a natural option for round-up. He tested a vinegar and dawn detergent mixture (90/10 ratio) and then added about two tablespoons of salt. In 24hrs time, it killed everything he had sprayed...even grass. That's awesome....and so much cheaper. So, we will be using that to start the landscaping, he wants. Our back neighbor is an older lady that likes to have vines on her fence...but they have spread all over our ground...I HATE IT....so I know what I'll use to get rid of them next time.
Spencer was also able to go birding in AZ and NV at the end of July. He was excited about that. I feel...like he's the only one that travels...I need to get out more....
I'm pretty sure they're twinkies
He's starting to like sitting down....I'm kinda liking it too

Dominic is a sweetheart....he's finally over the whole "terrible 3" phase....or maybe I got used to it...I"m not sure. He's more understanding, and patient with situations. He's learning to share, and he's having a hard time with it...but doesn't hit or push yet. He says he loves Ethan (nobody told him to say that) and says he misses him when he spends the nights at his Grandma's house. He's definitely the sensitive one. He goes up and just randomly hugs and kisses Ethan...and Ethan cries every time. I tell him to suck it up, not everyone has a nice brother like him. I'm getting a feeling that Ethan will be the total opposite. Dom is getting ready to start PreK. He starts Sept 1, and I LOVE back to school shopping...it's like my favorite unofficial holiday. I love the sales. It's so easy to get free markers, glue sticks, pens, pencils, and paper. I'm not sure if I really need that stuff...but I have donated it before....usually to the Young Women closet haha.
Dom has advanced so much in speech, The therapist tells me he's caught up but needs to work on his "s". I think we'll wait to see how he does in School, and maybe by December we will reduce his therapy from two days to one day a week. I also want him to keep taking swim lessons at the Y. They are the only ones who do fall lessons, and it's not super expensive...so we'll see. I don't want to add so many new activities on his plate the first semester...I don't want him to get overwhelmed...but I do want him to get tired.
working in the yard. We like the "no pants"
rule around here...if you can't tell.

Ethan has learned to crawl....he's super clumsy. For some reason, I remember Dom being more graceful. Just yesterday he kept crawling into the wall (refused to lift his head) and kept banging his head...I was like "MOVE CHILD"....so, he doesn't learn lessons as fast as Dom. That's ok...he'll get it. When he wants something though...he's all over it. He loves to chase the iphone and the ipad. Dom has to constantly move away and Ethan keeps chasing him around the living room. I"m not really sure if Dom will ever share that....so we have dug ourselves in a big hole here...cause I really don't want to buy another one either.
Pool time

What have I been up to? A LOT actually. I have discovered (makes me sad to say) that I will never sleep again...it only took me 3 yrs to figure out. IF I sit down to watch tv, I will definitely fall asleep, so as soon as I get up (7:30am) , I go...go...go! There's always something to clean, something to wash. Just the other day I spent 3 hours washing and disinfecting toys (since Ethan likes to lick them). I also had to clean the bathrooms...(yay...my favorite part of the day). Spencer and I are sanding the loft wood so we can paint it white...so far, we have done the stairs. We hope to paint soon too, but we need to get scaffolding to get to that really tall wall.
I also found a groupon for a fitness place right across the street from me for unlimited classes for a month for a super deal. I mean seriously, it came out to like $1 a class....it was really good. Too bad  you can't use it again. So, for a whole month I went to an hour class of either hot yoga or barre, and I AM SORE. Another reason...to never sit down. My inner thighs and butt hurt when I move, when I sit, when I walk...its horrible. It worked out that Spence worked 5pm to 1am most of the month, so he could take the kids for the hour so I could go do it. I kinda liked being away from everybody...doing something for me. But maybe next time I'll do something more therapeutic...like a spa.
I am also couponing quite a bit. I found a coupon for a 3month free membership to the local paper...so I get inserts that way. And if they're good...I go to dollar tree and get more papers (did you know that dollar tree sells the Sunday paper on Saturday for a $1???). Mainly food...that i can put in the freezer...I'm running out of meats...and those coupons are hard to find. Usually it's junk like cookies, candy, coffee, and pet food....stuff I would never use or are trying to avoid. So far, It's been working well....I hope to keep it up...and yes, both children go with me. Dom counts the items for me...and basically gives me a time limit of 30min to get everything I need to get, or otherwise he gets cranky...Ethan is more patient, as long as we do it in the morning time.
Helping me coupon

so, we started with a bang (july 4th) and we end on a good note.....Can't wait to see what August brings for us...hopefully a trip to the beach....



No comments: