Little Ethan has turned one! That's amazing....time went by so fast...but at the same thing it didn't.
Dear Ethan,
 |
| Last day pregnant |
I definitely remember being SO pregnant at this time last year....it kinda sucked. I remember being too big to do anything. The only clothes that fit me where pregnancy jeans and uggs. Pregnancy is always the easiest part. I never have any issues...you know, except the last few weeks of HUGENESS...but otherwise, it's a breeze....it's the birth and the 18 years after that scare me. We planned to get you out on this day a year ago and it was without complications. You were a big baby (9lbs 1oz) and nursed probably for 4 hours straight the first time. The nurses said some babies were just born hungry. I also remember that you didn't cry when they took you out...you immediately opened your eyes and started to look around. Once you got bored, you found some food and closed your eyes for a LONG time. You have always been a chilled baby....you just kinda go with the flow. You follow me and Dom everywhere and hardly complain. You don't like being alone. I don't blame you...if I would have heard my brother scream for 9 months...I think I would get used to it too.
 |
| First Nutella Sandwich |
My recovery was harder this time around. I blame it on myself...I was lifting Dom when I shouldn't have. I felt guilty about not spending time with him. I actually finished my meds because some days I was in a lot of pain. I wore a girdle because I was afraid I would rip open. But after a year, I can finally say there's no pain...not even ghost pain. You were my cheapest and easiest baby- you had all the clothes, I had all the milk (for 9 months, and then formula for 2 months, then whole milk), and we used cloth diapers...and you actually slept..it was great!
 |
| Christmas pjs |
You are definitely the baby in this family and you know it. You are a little of a tattletale when Dom takes your things away or pushes you a bit to get out of the way....you scream really loud even if it doesn't hurt you. You just want mama to come and rescue you. I hear Dom say "Ethan...you're driving me crazy!" all the time. I know he doesn't mean to hurt you, but he is a bit rough on you. You need to toughen up son, cause Dad and Dom will not take it easy on you.
You also know when you are about to do something bad. You always look behind you, because you
know I'm there. Then I'll say "Ethan, no" and you'll get this big smile and do it anyways...and you'll keep doing it, until I send you to your room....then you cry. You're gonna be bad news as a teenager...I can already tell.
 |
|
You love me WAY too much. You are very clingy and love to be carried by me. You love it when I make you smile and laugh. You love one on one attention, and don't like it when Dominic and I are having fun....you always come over and sit on my lap. You don't mind that both of us try to make you laugh...as long as you're part of the fun...and not away from it. Daddy says you're clingy because you were nursed...but I still think it was the best decision I have ever made. Dominic really loves you, even though you drive him crazy. There has been moments when I hear just the two of you laugh. You love people watching. If you are in a playgroup...you just stare at the other kids and their crazy antics. You also love to wander around and see what you can play with. Sometimes during the day, you wander into the toy room alone and play by yourself for a few minutes....probably because Dom (and your mom) is not paying attention to you.
 |
| you really like food |
You have grown so much...and are a bit pudgier than Dom was at this age...but not by much. We went to the doctor's on the 23rd and you only weighed in at 23 lbs (3lbs more than Dom at this age. You were 31.5in long- same as Dom at 12months....so really, you are about the same size). I think my babies just start out really tall and heavy....and eventually thin out and join the "average" crowd.Also, your right eye keeps getting a bit infected- I"m not sure from what...and why it's just that ONE eye. We wash our hands religiously here...the doctor actually said she will refer us to an eye specialist, she thinks your tear ducts might be having problems, but since you are not bothered by it, it's not urgent. I have some leftover antibiotics that seem to be working...but I'm concerned that this is the second time in a month. But otherwise, you have never gotten sick. You have a good immune system. It's your older brother we have to worry about. He never eats healthy....he can't fight anything off....but he never lies down, so I think he's okay even when he's got the sniffles. Allergies have actually been terrible this winter, and our vacuum quit, so maybe it is allergies around here. Poor babies!
You like to sleep more than brother EVER did. I think it will be hard to put both of you in a room, because Dom sleeps like a rock....once he's out...he's out. But you? you are such a light sleeper....a simple crack wakes you up...I have to give you background noise to keep you steady and quiet. You like to take naps now...one or two...mainly one....but sometimes you stretch it to a couple of hours...which is amazing. Dom would do that too past his year mark, but didn't last long (maybe until 18mo) and they were maybe an hour long.
 |
sweet brothers...Dom is always
trying to hold your hand.
|
You have 8 teeth....twice as many compared to your older brother at this age. You love food...you have to try everything at the table even if you don't like it...you'll give it a second chance. You have eaten kale a couple of times...surprised me! You are a really good dancer....as soon as music comes on, you start jamming..it's pretty cute. And you have amazing lungs- and lips. You can blow a kazoo and you're barely one! You like to walk around doing "raspberries" and mumbling some mumbo jumbo with so much expression...it's funny to watch your eyebrows move. When Dom is making you angry, you come up to me and babble and I can tell you're really stressed because you are so expressive. I guess you're not a baby anymore- and I'm so glad. I'm not a baby person, but this time around, I knew what was coming- so I was actually kind of excited your whole first year, because I knew eventually you will become fun...all kids do....as soon as they become independent.
 |
| Dominic was so excited for you |
 |
| He was also so excited to help you open presents |
 |
| You....liked the boxes more than anything |
 |
| Family Picture |
 |
| Birthday boy always gets a kiss...u hated it! |
 |
| your smash cake |
 |
| Dom started helping you.... |
 |
| Then you took over.... |
 |
| And boy...did you finish! |
For your first year, we decided to only do a party for the immediate family....kinda like we did for Dominic on his first birthday party. It's easy to do and mostly, because you won't remember it. But we do hope that maybe by reading this blog later, you won't forget.
Keep growing baby. We loved being part of your first year!
Love,
Your Mother
No comments:
Post a Comment