Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 25, 2015

Christmas 2015

We started the night with dinner at my parents. We dress up formal for the holidays...not sure why. We do sunday dress.They had the missionaries over and we decided on brisket or ham....the brisket was the popular choice. The missionaries gave us the message and then left to go caroling...we stayed until about 8pm to take pics and then went home....and both kids ended up falling asleep on the way home.
Ready for dinner


This year, Spencer actually worked all year, so money-wise was a little better. So, I decided to go big for the kids. I had several clothes and toys stashed away throughout the year, and ended up using them as christmas presents.


The main gift was a cars table. I found this little bargain locally thru a lady who just didn't have room for it....still unopened....I couldn't pass it up. I know both my boys love pixar cars...so it was not gonna go to waste. Yes, I know it's another activity table....but it really is not that big and we really do have the space for it (not in the living room). The other toys, included several hot wheels (33 cents each at dollar general...seriously), and some mega blocks play sets for Dom that I knew he would like. I bought Ethan a shopping cart with some food- but all the men in the family kept telling me how girly that was, so I switched and bought some camping "food" with some camping equipment...so it wouldn't look so girly...besides....we already have a lot of play food. He really likes that cart!
trying to figure out the roads with no stickers...lol
(gotta love waiting until the last minute)

The perfectionist in me had to put the cars in their
correct spot

the blue gift was my vacuum (that I thought was a trash can)


Their nana and bopi (from China) bought them a cute painting by numbers set (and stickers)....Dom actually liked then, but then he got super distracted by everything else...he was everywhere...as I'm writing this, there are still unopened gifts around the house. Spencer's sister bought them a cute little people helicopter and I had bought Ethan a little people plane...so now, everyone had something to play with and not fight over.  They got lots of clothing for the upcoming year, and later that day (noon), my parents and brothers showed up for Christmas day brunch...since Spencer had to work the night shift. Dom and Ethan had more toys- playmobil and books, and Ethan got a little checkout counter that goes with his cart. We had Prime Rib Eye Roast for lunch...everyone was amazed by it...first time making the main entree for me....a big deal, I'm glad everyone enjoyed it!
So excited...he couldn't take his hands off his mouth

Spencer and I decided to go low key this year, basically because everything I wanted was super boring and really not necessary. The first present he gave me was socks...lol...there's a joke in my family that when we don't know what to get each other...we usually go for socks...it's not weird like underwear, and we know you'll use it....so he decided to go with that.
kinda bummed Dada woke him up for this

He also had remembered a while back, I was concerned about how much time I was spending blogging and really had no idea if the website was even going to survive, and all my memories would be lost. I havent' really done my journal or scrapbooks to the extend of this blog....so he decided to go the extra mile and do the last 8 years of blogs (really 5...cause I started late) and put them on a book for me. He actually went thru and edited every single entry to fit in a small book (easy to carry in case of emergencies- like house catching on fire...you gotta think of these things!). He confessed that he would work on it when he came home at 1am, and would sit at the computer for hours (going to bed around 6am).....it's so funny...cause I really don't remember any noise being made. He's a good man....really good. So, that was a total surprise.
Dom's stash

Ethan's stash

What I wasn't expecting (well...I wasn't expecting the book either) was a huge box that showed up a couple of days before Christmas and sat in our garage. Spencer said it was from his brother....but I didn't believe him. It was heavy. For a second I thought, he had bought me a stainless steel trashcan. But I had also complained that our 8 year old vacuum had died peacefully in its sleep and was pretty much worthless...I hadn't vacuumed in a couple of weeks...it was starting to drive me mad. I was waiting for the Christmas season to be over, so I could go look at vacuums. But really...I knew what I wanted...I just wasn't sure that Spencer was on board with it. I wanted a Dyson so bad...I had done research and they were just the best in the market...and people kept saying after years of work, they never lost suction (the cine tic balls ones anyways)....I  just wasn't sure it was in the budget. And I was so desperate for a vacuum, I was just ready to buy whatever was available at target.
My hubby went far and beyond...the got me the exact model I wanted, never questioned the budget and he even had amazon wrap it in case I opened the box...haha. (which by the way, I have never done! I figured it that was my only gift...it might as well be a surprise!). He even put a note in there "Leslie, you have been a very good girl this year. You are an awesome mom and have three boys at home that each love you. Keep being AWESOME"....love Santa.   What an amazing man!
I couldn't contain my excitement for new socks

My precious blog now in hardback

YES...I did hug it. It was amazing! You can see Ethan
eating the cookies int he back left over there...lol

The one that got the short end of the stick was my hubby. I couldn't figure out what to get him. His brother got him quite a bit of camping equipment, so I didn't want to do the same. His parents engraved a cute bag for both of us, his sister bought us a boogie board (coolest device ever), my cousin sent us this homemade mugs with awesome William Sonoma hot cocoa kits, my family gave him a tie, giftcard and a tortilla maker/warmer ....Tools? He has the basic ones....and either way, it's not time for DIY projects and nothing was super urgent....I ended up buying him some nice slacks for work (his are nasty), camo pjs, and jurassic world...the only movie we saw at the theater this year. Truth be told, he is going to Costa Rica again in January, so we kinda counted that as a Christmas present....so maybe, he did the best present of all.

This Christmas, we were extremely blessed- we finally had Christmas in our own house...how cool is that??? And we had good gifts. I'm so glad we are finally in a good place in life....and we were able to give back as well. We were part of 4 giving trees this year (between school and church) and I babysat 6 kiddos (including my own) to help out the Young Women leaders so they could go do some service with the girls. If that's not service, I don't know what is. I didn't think I was going to be able to handle it, but it was just fine. I didn't leave their sight though...haha.
Found the half eaten cookies while everyone was busy opening
presents...silly man. First time eating cookies.

Guelito and Guelita's gift (along with Uncle David and
Uncle Beto)

Hoping that you are finding the reason for the season this time of year, and grateful for all the things we have, and giving to others in this time of peace and joy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

OKLAHOMA COFFEYS

No comments: