We had two very succesful birthdays, and a whole lot of stress this december. And I'm glad it's finally over...now we get to start the year again....
Dom was so excited about Santa and presents....every time we went to a store (basically all December) I would tell him "no toys....because Santa is coming"....then being usual Dominic, he would try to bat his eyes and get a toy, but after repeating that no toys until Santa gets here, he would put it back and say "can i have it for Christmas mama?" ...so basically he has ordered the target toy sections in its entirety along with the toys r us store....haha. He really was excited Christmas morning,..even though Santa didn't bring him the entire store.
We tried to decorate the house...and got some things done quite nicely. We did buy big LED lights for the house (the only decor we bought this year), and I was the one that had to climb up 20 ft to put them on outside the house....haha. I am the one with the least fear of heights...and I figured if I fell, Spencer would try to catch me ( If HE fell...I"m not sure I could catch him). And it looked so nice. It looks so festive. Spencer put them on a timer, so we didn't have to worry about it. We also have a sad looking maple tree in the front, that we decorated to fit the season....I'll just add the pics when I find them....cause I have seem to misplaced them (story of my life).
Inside, we had garland and wreaths, and marquee letters, and small items. The children got to use the little people nativity. I made some "#joy" letters that turned out quite nice, and decorated the tree, which this is probably its last year. The lights finally went out, and it's quite puny in the are we put it in....so, we might look for something bigger and fuller later in the new year.
| christmas pjs |
| Loving the hair |
Dominic had a Christmas party that was fantastic. They had some songs, but Dom seem more interested in the girl next to him...or the kids behind him. Even then, he was awesome. He was trying to find me in the audience, and once he did...his face light up a thousand watts. It was so cute. They brought in a "surprise" guest at the end of the last song "Santa Claus is coming to town"....yes, it was Santa. Dom immediately after the program asked if he could tell him what he wanted for Christmas. This is his 3rd Santa...and he asks for something different every time! He's hard to read...some days it's paw patrol, some days it's race tracks, some other days it's pixar cars...he was surprised to see a little bit of everything on Christmas day.
| singing |
| after program, they each get a "refreshment" |
| santa at the christmas program |
| he approached another Santa! |
| Ethan had just woken up...he wouldn't let go off me... did you notice matching shirts? |
He also went to Lowe's this month to build a Santa Train. Lowe's has a building workshop for kiddos once a month, all you have to do is sign up online. I think they are twice a month during the summer, but either way, it's free and they give you all the materials, and even a cool iron on patch to iron on your "lowe's apron" (that you buy for $10)
Spencer and I tried to finish inside the house DIYs...we're getting there. I'm almost done with the 2nd bath vanity and closet. I keep saying that...but the doors are halfway painted haha...so really, I am getting closer. Then...on to our bathroom and gel stain that vanity. Maybe even squeeze in the laundry cabinets if time allows. Our plan is to have all of it done by April...which is time to start working on the backyard....and Spencer will need all the help he can get...so we HAVE to get all the other projects done. So, if you want to visit us during this time...you are more than welcome, but we might put you to work.
December was quite nice. I think I only used my coat twice.. The weather was quite weird...we had that ice storm Thanksgiving weekend (but the streets were fine) and then the weather got to be 65 degrees all thru half of December....I'm not complaining....my kids only got sick once, and even then it wasn't so bad...nothing a little Advil couldn't take care of. Dom, though, keeps getting this recurring snot and cough...Doc says it's allergies. Also, right after Christmas we had a pretty bad ice storm again...didn't leave the house for a couple of days...I was ready to strangle people. But it's been nice that they both happened when kids were out of school and holidays....less people on the road.
| How did i miss this one????? Dom's 1st ever primary program. He only had one line...and he was awesome...he almost memorized all of it! |
| My car is getting old (huge milestone in december) |
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment