I spent time at the gym about 4 days out of the week. Now that my membership is over, I'm going to finish some little DIYs here and there. It's so time consuming to prime cabinets...but I'm getting there. My goal is tackle at least both bathrooms and be done here in a month or so.
I found the kids a bunk bed. At first I liked it, but now I'm not so sure about the color. Its super sturdy, its actually half wood and half metal. So, I'm pretty sure it can hold well into their tween years. For now, since Ethan is still in the crib, Dom has the bed to himself.
I tried to put both babies in one room and that lasted like 4 days. I had no sleep at all, and neither did Ethan. Dominic is just a loud sleeper. I thought Ethan was going thru changes, but as soon as I put him back in the toy room....he's been sleeping through the night. So yeah...it's definitely Dominic. I like my sleep....and since we have the room, I'll keep them separated for a bit longer.
![]() |
| new bunk bed. I put baseball lights on the bottom for Dom. |
Dominic is doing so well in school. He had "dinosaur day" where they invited the Dads and they got to sing songs for them- and even had donuts. Dom ate them all without sharing, Dad was pretty bummed.
![]() |
| Dinosaur Day |
![]() |
![]() |
| He really loved that egg |
![]() |
| showing off their projects to Dads |
He has also learned how to tell time. He can look at the clock and tell you the hour, but has a bit of trouble with minutes...but let's face it...so do most of us. He knows what lunch time and dinner time is. He doesn't eat at all. But he can tell you with 100% accuracy the hour on an old school clock.
He is super sneaky and likes to sneak "snacks" whenever and wherever he can.....he overeats snacks in school, so he doesn't have to eat lunch...and then at dinner time...if he doesn't like something, he won't eat it and leaves...then is asking for food at 8pm. Since he's super skinny, I usually give in for fear of anemia. But this month, I decided it was all over. I decided I was gonna stand my ground. he went to bed hungry a couple of times, and woke up at 4 am hungry for milk. It's so hard to not sleep....I would let him sleep next to me, so he would let ME sleep, otherwise it was constant whine. Who likes whining at 4am??
I also decided to stop making him wear pull ups. I've been lazy...but I've figured over the last month that he only has ONE accident between 9pm-11pm...and then the diaper is dry. So, I was trying to figure out how to avoid that accident. The only thing I could come up with was to limit his milk at night...so that got decreased by half. But it still didn't stop the accident, it's so early in the night, even when he goes right before bed and right after he wakes up.
Then I had a genius idea...I told him if he would help me get up and go potty at night for 3 days, we would get a toy...and if he could do it for 7 days...I would take him to Disneyland. He has tried really hard since then. It's hard to wake up when you're in deep sleep...so I don't get mad at him. But we have done 2 days in a row so many times....it 's just that third day man. We'll keep working on it. I just feel so bad for him, I hope I'm not making him feel bad. He does pee WAY more than Ethan though. Ethan can have the same diaper overnight (and just a regular one does the trick)- Dominic never could. He always had overnight diapers, he had to have at least two. If not, in the mornings, all the little inside stuffing would come out and be all over the place (especially his belly)..it was so gross.
We also ventured into downtown to drop off some kind of mortgage paper. WOW...never doing that again with two kids. Between the freezing cold, metered parking of only 20 min at a time, children no listening....I was about to blow a fuse. When I finally made it inside the building, I saw the OKC Memorial across it...and then came to the realization that all the government building here are on super high alert. I had brought a small stroller to take Ethan, but it ended up being more a hassle. I had to take everything out and show everything (just like the airport), I had to take Ethan out. I had to pass the stroller first (cause it kept beeping...HELLO??? it's made of metal)...then pass Ethan alone, then Dominic alone, then me. Then, I had to get all our belongings and put them back in the bag and be on our way....only to get lost on the 3rd floor....just keep remembering that I only had 20 minutes to do all this, AND i was parked a couple of blocks away. When I finally found the office, it literally took like 30 seconds to go in and out. Then, we ran....and ran back to the car. Then I found out, this place was only a couple of streets over from where Spencer works..aargh.
![]() |
| Inside the building...we got lost. |
![]() |
| First day in glasses |
![]() |
| Elevator waiting |
Spencer has worked a little less. They finally hired more people to work nights, so he's finally starting to see a break...after a year. If he works nights...it's usually the 5pm-1am shift. Which is not bad at all. He can still wake up around 9am and take on the day. He's already making plans to redo the backyard and is MAYBE planning another birding trip. I told him no more birding until the house DIYs are taken care of. I really wanted a new car this year, but after much prayer and thinking...I finally decided to not be selfish and decided against it. Paying off his school loans is much more important right now, especially because the opportunity is there. We hope to do it by mid year. So far, he's done so good and paid off 3/4 of his loans....so we're finally starting to see the finish line. Since I'm not getting my new car, I decided to use that little bit of money and buy new doors for the house- white ones, to match the trim. Hopefully, I can also paint the cabinets in the laundry and master bath. The goal is to have all doors, walls and cabinets painted by end on may....so we can start on the yard work....ugh. I hate yard work, but this year, we are hoping to plant a small veggie garden and see how that works out. I have the seeds, I just need to start it outside.










No comments:
Post a Comment