Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 3, 2016

April Showers

I feel like this year is super speeding...I mean..it's already May??? It's been non stop over here.
         He really sleeps in odd positions

We started the month with a family vacation to Disneyland and California Adventure, so if you missed it, scroll back a couple of posts....it was awesome. But then, it was back to reality.
    I like how he put earrings and necklace

Dom had a Mother' Day program and he's just too goofy. He's such a doll. They acted out the book "are you my mother?" by Eastman, and he nailed the dog part. He also made a picture of me and wrote in the back my favorite color (pink- cause Im a girl)....favorite food (Texas roadhouse meat...haha...he makes it sound like I eat there all the time)...and my favorite hobby (exercising upstairs in the loft...where I can't be bothered). They also had a singing program and sang a few songs and then treated us to cupcakes. How darling. I really do love that school. I love how they pray before starting things, and before eating.  There will be a graduation for his preschool class on May 18....school ends here on the 20th...it's so crazy how fast it came and went. 

These past couple of weeks, I tried to get Dom signed up for Public School PreK. I guess they did things different this year, because moms that did it last year, told me to just pick my first and second choice....it's kinda like a raffle, but most kids get in where they want to go...there are no districts...you just have to live in town...and not all elementary schools  offer PreK...some offer all day PreK and some half day...and some none at all. 
After all the hassle of signing up...Dom ended up at the very bottom of the waiting list for our first choice (meaning they would have to accommodate 25 kids before him). Come to find out, they only picked 13 kids...13 KIDS???? Had I known those were the odds, it would NOT have been my first choice. He didn't even get his name anywhere in his 2nd choice school, I had to call and ask why if it's his 2nd choice, he wasn't put on there...nobody could tell me why...so he's on waiting list on that too...how lame. I'm so mad that no information was given on this process. Apparently, this year, this particular first choice school decided to only do afternoon preK...that's why there's only 13 kids...if you want full day preK...then you can pay $240 a month, but I would have to be on the waiting list. I know a few LDS moms that made it on their first choice. I was so mad I had such bad luck....I couldn't even sleep that night.  Luckily, Dom has a spot in AM prek where he is at, and I really do love that school. The only reason I wanted to do public school was to save a couple bucks every month. But Dom doesn't deal with change very well....so maybe this is suppose to happen. He will see the same faces (for the most part) and there's only 11 kids in the class, AND it's in the morning...which is great.  I don't have to mess with his speech therapy twice a week at all. Dom does great in the AM program. So, maybe next year, we'll try again. I don't like the school he is assigned for Kindergarten, so maybe next next school year, we will transfer to a closer one (but not the one I picked for PreK...how awful..they've lost me for good).  
Dom is such a goofball. I believe some traits are genetic...but some are nurtured. I believe the goofball gene might have been nurtured....he says the darnest things to me. Right now, he's arguing a lot...even if it's just for the sake or arguing...so when that happens I ignore him. Usually it's because he's super tired...but refuses to nap and falls asleep at 10 pm and wakes up at 8 am...not my fault. He's still my favorite Dom...but holy cow...I can only argue for so long. He's also super terrible at eating. He's been sneaking snacks. So, I have stopped buying snacks, except for fruit from now on. He's suffering, but I don't know how else to get him to eat. One day, all he ate was two cups of jello and a fourth of an apple...who does that???
      "Are you my mother?" Play

Ethan on the other hand, eats WAY too much...he weighs just under 30lbs....and he's a beast. He will eat anything. Just today, he ate a tamal for lunch....that's intense. He will try spicy stuff, sweet stuff, my kale juices, and LOVES cuties, apples, bananas, raisins, cheese, ham, and mac and cheese. The other day he ate an egg and a half with sausage all by himself. He's such a stud when it comes to eating...I just put a plate in front of him, and he's good to go. He will even hold his own fork and everything.  Most of the time, he gest seconds, and rarely, even thirds. He also likes to eat right before bed...so he will eat an entire banana, or two cuties all by himself. If he doesn't stuff his face before bedtime, he will wake up around 4am and ask for milk, otherwise, he sleeps until 7am. I'm so proud of him, right after his 16mo mark, I took away the bottle cold turkey, and just did sippy cups. He didn't even flinch...what a good boy....so no more bottles in this house. I'm so happy. It will make it so much easier when traveling with kiddos. 
   He's so big....but at the same time, tiny

Spencer and I have been doing a lot of house work since the weather is so nice. I got on the ladder and cleaned the gutters (got some looks from the neighbors...haha)....Spencer is busy landscaping.  He got a gift card from his tax returns....so that's basically all that's paying for the landscaping...haha. He loves it, he keeps making plans and changing them. He originally thought sod for the front lawn just to get it over and done with...but right now he changed it back to seed,..but needs compost first. So we will drop down some compost and then some seed and that grass hopefully will grow all the way into winter....fingers crossed. the zoysia grass takes a long time to come up, but once it does...it's hardy and plushy....
               First time eating  oreos

I also have gone back to the gym. I really missed it. I don't care who you are...the workout at home IS NOT the same as the gym. I tried to do it at home with DVDs...and it was great...when I actually did it. I could only find two times to do it...1) when dom went to school and if I could get Ethan to take a nap...and 2) at night, when everyone went to bed. Okay...both have faults...first, Ethan stopped napping when Dom went to school, so we do our errands then, and it's a lot easier to buy things with coupons without one kid in tow. Second, working out at night...sucks. When the kiddos go to bed, I wash dishes, clean the kitchen and table, and do some surveys, finish my YW calling stuff, and then workout...usually around 10:30....I HAVE to do an hour...otherwise, I think it's pointless. I have read in several magazines that the magic number is 45-50 minutes of workout for it to be beneficial, but then I can't sleep....i'm so pumped...I literally can't sleep...so I end up going to bed at 1am, only to wake up at 7am with Ethan....that got frustrating, so I stopped working out.  So, after much deliberation, and finding a deal online, I'm back on the gym bandwagon...and I LOVE IT. I missed it so much. They even added barre to the schedule while I was gone. It's great to workout again while Dom is at school. Ethan stays with Spencer or my mom and I can get my stuff done, I can shower there, and it's one more thing I don't have to worry about. All I do at night after the kids go to bed is clean up EVERYTHING and my surveys and I'm done for the day.....go me!

And....garage sale are in full bloom. We tackled 4 neighborhood garage sales last week. Dom is a natural treasure hunter...he's got good eyes for things. He found some pixar cars and star wars toys. Good job kid! This is the only time we buy toys except for xmas and bdays. It's pointless, to buy toys they will play with for 2 hrs and then never touch again...I hate it, and then I have to donate them. So, garage sales provide Dom with the excitement to maybe find something he really wanted- for example, he really wanted chick hicks from cars 1 ever since we visited the cousins in TX last summer.....yeah, that kid doesn't forget. Finally, after a year, he found one- for a quarter. He was so happy, he hasn't let go of it....it's been a week! I keep finding little people, but I think I buy them more for me...lol. I love how versatile they are and no batteries....I love toys with no batteries....they're better for imagination. Dont you think? Speaking of little people, did anybody see the fisher price website had a lot of toys 75% off?!? Yeah....i bought a lot....more than I will ever admit to. Thats probably half the budget for xmas/bday presents....and they are in the closet right now...waiting for christmas. I know its early, but when do little people EVER go on sale? Or Imaginext toys? A batman toy for $1? YES please. I can always buy the playset at a garage sale lol.
It's getting warmer folks, lets hope dor a good May!


No comments: