Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 19, 2016

17 Months

Ethan has been a wonderful addition to our family. I would have never known this is what Dominic really needed. He's so sweet to him...most of the time. Hey, being together all the time drives you crazy too right? But most of the time, he likes to read to him, and hold his hand, and tell him what to do. He talks to him like I do: "Ethan...what did you DO?? That is not right, Ethan, that is not right....go play with some toys, I'll clean it up"...lol...seriously, this conversation has happened like three times in the past month. Good thing I don't spank my children, or I think Dom would have already tried it.
He picked it up really quick...less than 24 hours

Ethan is still eating like there' no tomorrow, but somehow lost a bit of weight. He is at 25lbs right now. I guess that is good...he's average...ok for this age. He can fit quite well into 2T clothes, but let's face it, there's not much difference between 18mo and 24mo clothes. I don't have any 3T clothes, probably because Dom didn't grow until he was 4...so maybe Ethan will follow the same pattern. He also loves to make you laugh. He will come at you and tickle you and he will make goofy faces so you laugh. I made the transition from crib to bed for him, and he picked it up quite well. Although I do think that when I put him to bed at 8pm, since the sun is not entirely down yet, he likes to roam around and play....because I have found him out of bed or toys our of order quite often. But he does sleep well...he has taken 3hr naps before. 
he likes hats right now....he's so goofy

He loves everything- right now it's raisins and broccoli. He also loves whatever you have on your plate. He will climb up and sit on your lap and wait for you to feed him....just like a puppy. He is working on all four canines right now, and they ARE SHARP and MASSIVE. Holy cow...he is really gonna use those things. I usually put a little bit of that natural teething gel on a toothbrush and let him go to town....but then he goes to his bathroom, gets the stool and takes Dom's toothbrush and sucks the leftover toothpaste off of it...lol. UGH.
He was really trying to fit into the duffle bag....really hard

He is a little diablito right now. He's getting on my nerves a lot. I swear, sometimes I do think I have a puppy. He climbs on ABSOLUTELY everything. I finally took the side of the crib down so he would wake up and just play with toys, and not wait for me in the mornings. Well, that lead to him running into the kitchen table and standing on it. He also likes to stand on the little kids table and turn on/off the lights. He likes to jump on the sofa, the stairs, the train table (that's why I got rid of it), Dom's bed, my bed...oh geez...I can't keep up with him. He likes hangers, so he opens the bifold doors into the closet and just pulls everything off. He likes to take his clothes out of the dresser....I mean...it's never ending. He likes to un-fold the pile of clothes I just did seconds ago.....ugh, I could go on and on. And tv????who needs tv...when the worlds is your playground? I thought he was my chilled baby...but I'm not so sure anymore. He likes having Mickey Mouse on tv on, but as soon as the theme song is up and he's up to no good again....and then when the show ends, he lets me know he wants it again...it's so frustrating. Why is the tv on if nobody is watching it??? He likes to open cabinets and throw things...seriously...whose child is this??? I remember Dom being a little crazy..but this is ridiculous. Now, Dom is my calm one...he figured out how to use the roku remote and is entertained for half an hour...
Only way he watches videos these days

This also happened  three times...you'd think I would learn my lesson by now. But I take his diaper off and by the time I go to the washer to drop it off and come back...the little booger has pooped on the floor! AH...I was so mad. This kid is fantastic when it comes to #2- doesn't even grunt...no one knows when it's coming...lol. 
Didn't make it to the bed this time.

He got his first burn this month. He was running and was trying to see what was on the stove, got too close and got his little fingers burned.....they blistered. Nothing a little calendula cream could not cure, but still painful. He kept coming up to me to kiss it better. Unfortunately, momma's kisses did not make the pain go away..but there's ibuprofen for that.  
goofy face. 

Onto better news...he's only a month away from Nursery at church....that's so exciting. Now, I can actually go to classes. Seriously, sometimes I wonder why I even go to church if I can't even go into the classes? So, this is going to be good. I know he'll do well because he likes to people watch and is really not afraid of strangers...he really isn't. And he knows how to fight...just ask Dom. He knows how to get toys from other people...he's a hoot. 

No comments: