Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 17, 2016

18 Months

Little Ethan is 18 months old already...I love how independent he is. I no longer help him feed, or cut things for him. He opens the fridge and gets stuff out all by himself. I do have to help him get some water from the sink, but other than that....this is great. I finally have kids that don't need me 24 hrs a day. They wake up, walk around, and then I can get up later (usually about 30min later)....or I put them in bed, and don't worry about it....and then I go to bed. This is great. This is my favorite phase for my kids...I love being able to leave them alone for half an hour at a time. Babies are so needy....

He's eating so much. He eats just as much as I do. I know it's a growth spurt cause several family members have told me that he no longer looks like a baby....so he's stretching out. Yesterday, he ate two slices of pizza. I was thinking about when he was in the womb (around 21 weeks)....an ultrasound was taken and it revealed that he had an abnormal sized stomach. Since the doctor was concerned, I had to go back a few weeks later (they thought his body was not pushing food out, that's why his belly was "extended"). When I went back for a second ultrasound, the tech told me..."darling, I've been doing this for 20 years.. he looks fine, but he'll have a good appetite I'll tell you that. Some babies just have big tummies"....and how right she was. Ethan did not disappoint. I love how interesting it is, to find things out while they're in the womb (when you wonder what they will be like after they come out) and then years later you catch little snipets of past conversations and actions and you can't help but laugh...because it's so true and fitting of their personality and you think "oh that  is so Ethan" or "that is so Dom". For example, Dom was super active in the womb...I mean since like week 14, he was all over the place (and his heart rate was never below 170 bpm). Come to find out, he still is...haha. He can go all day without napping and go to bed at 11pm....it's crazy. Whose child is this?!?
And then Ethan....sweet loving Ethan (never above 140 bpm in the womb)....he loves to cuddle and sit down. He's chilled and just hangs back and lets Dom have the attention, but he can also put up a fight. He can fight Dom pretty good. Actually, Dom is the one that backs off and tattletales on him.
He loves to come up to me when I come back from the gym or errands, and just hugs me real tight and slobbers all over me. He's the only one that cries when I leave him at home, and he still the one that loves my attention no matter what he's doing. He loves kisses....a lot. The other day, he kissed me on the mouth....haha. That was something.

He is loyal to the end. Dominic may bother the crap out of him, and trip him...but when Dom is having a bad day or having a crying tantrum on the floor...Ethan is the first one to go up to him and hand him his baby blanket.....or whatever he has in his hand. He will also pat his back or head...sometimes a little too hard...haha...but the intention is there. He doesn't like seeing people upset, especially people special to him, like his big brother. He loves it when Dom holds his hand and they skip together to get somewhere. They love to sit together in the shopping cart (if it's a double seater)...or if Dom gets the cart and Ethan gets to sit in the seat...he requests to sit in the cart part with Dom. Sometimes, it works out for me...sometimes it doesn't. Thank goodness, there's only two of them.

He loves hats. He loves baseball caps and colanders right now. He loves to wear shoes, socks, shirts, and pants. He will refuse to go out of the house without shorts or shoes. He will always bring them to me. He's the only one that does what he is told. He will pick up things, he will clean things, he will listen, he will fetch me stuff...you name it. He's super helpful, even at 18 months.
We are starting to potty train, so we take diapers off for a bit during the day. A few days ago, he popped in the toy room and no one noticed. I guess he felt bad, cause he grabbed his poop and brought it to me. Was I disgusted??? Oddly...no. I guess I've been a mom too long. I showed him how to dump it in the toilet and washed our hands REAL good. Then...he took me to the toy room to show me more...haha. I took care of the rest, I wasn't going to let him handle more poop. What a darling...he could have left it there for me to find...but instead he came clean.

He is still sucking on that baby blanket. All the corners are off white, and if not washed after a few days, they turn brown...and that is disgusting. I'm not really sure why. Recently, he has learned a few new words "more" and "baby" and "bird" (dad is proud of that one). I am not sure where baby came from, but as soon as he sees something resembling a baby, he will say "baby" and cradle it...haha. He is also old enough now to go to Nursery, and the leaders there are my favorite people in the ward. I know he will be fine. My kids don't really cry during nursery....in that, I got lucky. They forget about me. The nursery class is too sweet. I was watching them play last week and it reminded me of the older class from sunny side daycare from Toy Story 3...you know? there is a younger class that destroys toys, and the older class is just so careful with them? These kids remind me of the older class. I never saw them fight. In fact, there's just too many toys to fight over, so they kind of spread out...it's great.  Unfortunately, next Sunday is stake conference, so he won't go...but the week after that...I might go in with him and see what he does. It will be so nice to be able to go to class and actually sit down. Seriously...I think it's so annoying to actually go through all the trouble of getting dressed and get all pretty for church and are prepared to listen, only to find out you're spending most of it in the halls. Now...I can go to my class and actually get scriptures out and listen.....yay!
Did I mention he's my favorite Ethan?

Go Ethan!


No comments: