Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 6, 2016

End of June Happenings

June came and went....it was full of activities for Dom. I got him into some Piano lessons for the summer. The teacher was a student coming home for the summer, but had to leave unexpectedly back to Utah...so mijo got a total of four lessons...what a bummer. Luckily, Amazon took the books back. But now, I gotta figure out if we want to have him go to someone else, or just try something else entirely. He was actually getting good- he kept telling me about finger position and the key names...so I know he learned something. He's also still going to the baseball league...until the end of July. He's getting the hang of it. We're not sure if we want him to do something in the fall....like soccer. I think he would enjoy soccer more because it makes more sense to a four year old...run and score. Baseball is a bit harder...when to get the ball, when to run, when it's not your turn lol. He's the fastest one on the team though- if he would just pay attention....haha. He's still going to therapy twice a week and it saves me...he runs so much energy in there. So, we keep him busy. 

Ethan has finally gotten all four canines out, and he likes to bite with them. One time, I fell asleep next to him and I was seriously dreaming that he was gnawing on my fingers....and I woke up seconds later, to find him...GNAWING on my fingers. It wasn't hard, but I could feel little tiny shark teeth on my fingers....lol. He's so playful, nowadays, He likes for Dominic to chase him...usually it ends in him hitting the wall or the floor and crying for a bit, but he wouldn't trade it for the world...because as soon as it stops hurting, he's back at it. They enjoy playing together...like jumping over each other...but when it comes to playing together with toys...we're still working on that. Ethan is on the destructive phase...and Dom doesn't appreciate that. Dom also likes to hog all the toys and Ethan doesn't like that...lol. So basically, I have to sit down with them to play...which I don't mind. I kinda like little people and superheroes and cars. This past week, we were able to attend my husband's family reunion and Ethan was so shy. He barely left my sight..it was awful. I wish he was more outgoing like Dom...I'm sure it will pass. Just this past Sunday, we took him to nursery for the first time and I was able to sneak away for 30 minutes before someone came to get me...I had really hoped he would be a little better. Then again, he's not feeling good these days- I think we caught a bug...and he definitely has an eye infection...AGAIN. He's set to see his doctor next month, but I fear we might not make it the next month if he keeps getting those...they might have to remove his eye tube earlier than expected.


Spencer and I are still DIYing...we were able install a pocket door into our master bath and hope to finish the master shower here in the next 30 days. 

The grass seeds are doing fantastic and have sprouted beautifully- the grass is so soft on your bare feet. Our garden is doing good- pumpkins, cucumbers, and watermelon really grew this past month, but no veggies yet....not sure if they will...is it too late? But our tomato plant gives us about three to four tomatoes at a time, and they are so juicy and delish. We'll see how long that lasts.
On our way back from the family reunion in Texas this past week, we were able to go to Magnolia Market...you know...the show on HGTV "fixer upper"? It was so pretty. They have a bakery that smells delish, and they have outdoor games so you can stay and play, and the silos are massive. I wasn't expecting them to be so big. The whole thing is actually pretty much in the middle of the city...right next to the railroad tracks. I was hoping that it would be in like an acre of land...but it's actually quite tight in there. They also have food trucks at all times there, so people can grab a bite to eat, and there's picnic tables, so you can enjoy your food- it's actually quite cute. The store is massive, but I didn't buy anything...for now. We need to figure out our DIY projects first. We're still dealing with the landscaping and the shower.....

Bakery opening day

the market...you can see people were starting to sit outside

silos give great shade

games to stay and play

more picnic tables and food trucks

we stayed and played for a bit


No comments: