Dominic did great with his swimming lessons. He learned how to kick, float on his back, use his arms to move. Then we went to Pensacola, and it's like he didn't learn anything....so I am going to look at the local Y and see if maybe he can do some winter classes there. It seems those are the ones that don't have HUGE waiting lists (compared to summers). He also got so much better at writing his name. He's doing better, he hates doing it, but it's important. He learned some sight words and can figure out most of the words he is trying to read...haha, but he's totally guessing, he's nowhere near ready to read. Then again, I dunno. I only push it every so often. He has so many beginners books that he enjoys looking at, we'll keep trying with those. He also learned how to tell time and do simple addition. He can tell you what time it is accurately. Recently, he's starting to show interest in Spanish...and who am I to deny him his heritage? (haha). So, he found a book we had in the toy room ( I had no idea we even had this flap book) and we have been learning some Spanish words. He thinks they sound funny....what a goof.
![]() |
| The water was so cold |
He found a new friend in Primary. They just recently moved and both of our families have the same age kids, and he loves N. They sit together and do goofy stuff. I'm glad he finally found someone who could be a silly as he is. But now, they have to keep them separated in primary because they talk too much haha. But N has come over and played with Dom....and I sent them outside, because they were so loud haha.
![]() |
| Loves it! |
Ethan has reached an anxiety phase...and its ANNOYING. He was doing okay in nursery for about a couple of Sundays, and then all hell broke loose. He cries every time I walk out- if I take out the trash, If I leave to go to the gym, or run an errand. I mean...he sobs. I take him to my mom's every morning, so Dom can go to school and I go to the gym..and he cries for about 10 minutes and then gets over it. But nursery??? It's another beast. He doesn't even want his dad. It has to be me, and what drives me bonkers...is that he doesn't want or care to be next to me. He just wants me in there. If I'm in there (sitting in the corner)...he's totally fine- he'll play with the other kids, he'll eat, he'll sit for story time. But the minute I walk out, I can hear him all the way to the chapel....and it's non stop. He begs the leaders to let him out. I hope I don't get called to Nursery haha....
He needs to get over it, because I just found out he may be old enough for Dom's preschool next year, and I would love for him to go.
![]() |
| They were playing lifeguards |
Also, he's started grinding his teeth (I think it's part of the anxiety). He started sucking on a blanket, which was tolerable. But recently, he's started to grind teeth usually when he finds the blanket or gets a bit excited to see me. I remember my younger brother doing that, and when his baby teeth fell out, you could totally tell they were flat. I don't know why I remember that...probably because it was so bizarre. So, every time I see Ethan doing it, I squeeze his chin and say "no" and he stops immediately. I am not really sure what else I can do. It hasn't gotten out of control, but neither do I want it to.
He regressed in potty training because of our beach trip, but got back on track recently...I am so lazy. I don't know how people have patience for this. I just let him walk around naked hoping he will figure it out...and I don't think it's working.
![]() |
| he really liked it |
![]() |
| Neither likes pushing...but someone has to do it. |
He learned new words this month like "uh oh", "done', "there", "NO"...you know, the important ones.
![]() |
| Nursery bubbles are the best |
Spencer and I finished tiling the shower...OH MY HECK! I am yet to find out how flippers flip homes in 30 days, because it took us a week to put in the pocket door, then a couple of weeks to set up the concrete walls again for tile (and do the shower base), then two weeks to get the tile because we had to order it....and it took us about two full days to put the tile up but 4 days for it to dry....then 2 more days to grout and then 2 more days for it to dry! As of right now, it is functional. It has a clear liner so we can use it. But for now, we need to get a custom glass door for it. It's probably going to be the most expensive thing..so we're taking our sweet time. Either way, it probably takes about 2-3 weeks to actually get it installed.
![]() |
| we take 10-15min a day of quiet working time. Ethan has gotten so good at coloring. So much better than Dom at this age. |
We did a trip to the beach, and we loved being away from the heat. We went to the splash park a few times to avoid said heat. Most of the garden gave up- my pumpkin, cucumbers, strawberries all gave up. The tomatoes are in limbo right now and the watermelon doesn't want to give up. The new leaves are bright green and I can see a couple of tiny tiny watermelons. The only thing that actually survived were the jalapeno plants and the oregano. I have started to cut it down and drying all the stems so I can have dried oregano all the time. The jalapenos have not had fruit yet, but I'm hoping they will. Next year, we will move the vines to a cooler area, and leave the rest of the plants in the garden bed- lesson learned. Also, nothing grows behind the tree house...so now, we have to plant shade grass back there, so there's just not dirt. I am starting to believe that having a yard is a money pit.....
![]() |
| First day |











No comments:
Post a Comment