Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 9, 2016

September Outings

La La September was so full of craziness for us. We were far too busy doing too many things, to even notice that the weather has drastically change. It went from a high of 108 to high 70s...thank goodness.
The outside garden was revived- the watermelon turned green and even has a quite big watermelon. The jalapeno plants have 5 jalapenos already, but not sure if it will give any more. And the last remaining tomato plant is bright green and huge but no fruit yet, and quite not sure if it will even give fruit this late in the year.
Our little watermelon out in the garden
Jalapeno plants with a couple of peppers here. 

Dominic started school and loves going back to routine....but also means our days go by way too fast with schedules. He still goes to therapy two days a week, and he hates being rushed and hates "busy days". He got a chance to sit down with me (for the first time) and watch conference...Saturday morning...only lasted about 30 minutes. We gotta start somewhere. He was in the room for most of the time though...we were playing bingo, or coloring, or doing addition with an abacus. He has learned the meaning of being scared. He doesn't like the dark and likes to have a nightlight AND Ethan in his room. Sometimes he draws a dark man and tells me they are shadows...creepy I know, but he doesn't watch anything above PG...so I don't think it's meant to be scary. He gets it though....the whole thing about ghosts and goblins. Spencer let him watch Casper the animated series to try to tell him that not all ghosts are bad...and according to him they are not, he just likes to say they exist. Dad also introduced to his favorite movie (according to Dom "the Burbs")But no talk of monsters under the bed yet...and hoping that never happens.
He's starting to understand words and concepts. Like the other day he was trying to describe "traffic"- when a lot of cars get stuck on the road...yeah, he actually said that. If you think about it, it is kinda hard to describe to a kid. I'm glad he's learning. In therapy, his S and TH sounds are SO much better...it's almost like he never had a problem. He knows colors, fruits, and numbers in Spanish. We have also been trying to learn sight reading. I found a sight word bingo game at a garage sale, that actually keeps his attention. We also go to the library and check out BOB books....with the cd, and he likes those too, but only two books at a time. The library also has tablets with educational games you can rent out...so sometimes we do that. He doesn't even know that he's learning.He has learned how to spell correctly and accurately his name...and writes is EVERYWHERE. Props to him- it's a long and confusing name.
He's a popular kid...he has gotten invited to 5 birthday parties, but only attended 2. I really didn't know the mom or kid from the other 3, so I was a bit nervous (not to mention they were on Sunday)...he didn't mind, so it was fine. He keeps talking about his birthday....which is coming up soon. We may celebrate a month early, since December is just so crazy for EVERYONE. It's still in the planning stages.
First time bowling- at C's bday party.
Ethan wanted to get in the action too.
N's TMNT bday party

Ethan is still crazy. He loves ball and goes outside quite frequently to play with mud, step on my garden, or play in puddled water. He's always dirty and he doesn't mind. He doesn't like being in the bath alone, but tolerates it. He's getting better at obeying...but not really. He loves this song....so much. His face just lights up AND he claps when it's done.  He's the one that enjoys our dance parties the most. He says the word "no" WAY too many times. I'm pretty sure he knows the word "why"....I swear I hear it all the time. I'll say " Ethan dont' do that" and he says something that sounds like "why". Out of the two kids, he's actually the obedient one that helps me clean up, and listens. I'll say "Ethan put your shoes on and get your blanket...we need to go"...and he will go get his blanket and sit at the steps ready for someone to put his shoes on...or put Dom's shoes on since they go in so nicely. He has turned into quite a runner. he will run around the living room for about 20 minutes....sometimes I send him outside, until he starts playing with mud.
He really loves colors and coloring
He's Dominic's shadow- follows him everywhere.Unless...he's super quiet...I know he's with Dom (otherwise he's being naughty somewhere else). He's starting to bully Dom (like pushing or shoving) but Dom doesn't really care, which makes Ethan more angry....haha. Dom is super patient with him....we'll see how this turns out in the teenage years, for now...I'm so glad they have each other. When Dominic sleeps over at grandma's, he calls first thing Sat morning and asks me if he can talk to Ethan, and each will say hi and then Dom will hang up....boys....not much for words are they? Haha.
He was being a butt that day...come to find out he had a fever. 
He tried mole (and it was spicy!) and he loved it...just drank a lot of water.
coloring...again.

The hubs is a busy bee. Even when he comes home at 3 am, he finds energy at 9 am to finish projects. This is what my children have- the busy bee gene...it's a Coffey thing. I have the couch potato genes, and I thought Ethan had them too, but apparently, they have diluted.
Yay!!!! It's OFFICIALLY all done...no more shower projects here!
We have FINALLY finished the shower. Just today, we got the glass installed (only took 3 weeks). Since it was custom, they had to actually make it. But everything else, was Spencer. The only thing left is to paint the pocket door...but it will be the same white as our kitchen cabinets...so we'll just do it then. He started a shed...because he gets bored of having one projects (also a Coffey thing)....so he started a shed in the backyard all by himself. Those boards are so heavy, and I find papers with measurements and algebra EVERYWHERE. He wanted to get a kit for it, but opted out, because it would be more expensive, and they didn't have the size he wanted. He wanted wood, because plastic or tin cannot be customized on the inside as easy as wood. So after much though, he decided to just do it himself. He put in a lot of you tube research hours and it's almost done. He needs to do the shingles on the roof, a main door to lock the shed, and he wants to paint it too (but that can be done at a later date).  For now, he has asked for the last week of Oct off work, so we can tackle the kitchen cabinets...which probably means, I need to start sanding them now.

Kids took over for a bit.  Dom kept calling it the "playhouse"
Almost done.....either way, we're still tackling cabinets soon.

I still go to the gym 4 days a week and still coupon but only of fridays..it's really the only relaxed time frame I have....and yes, the kids go with me. They're short trips, and most of the time, they help me out. We also had time to celebrate Spencer on his birthday by going to the fair, and a national park. 
Spencer's cake

We finally put up fall decor and Halloween decor (per Spencer, nothing was to be put up BEFORE his birthday)....and the kids love it. Ethan likes treating my pumpkins like soccer balls.
The mantle. 
The entry...there's rats all over the bottom too. And yes, I CANNOT open that entry closet. 

Other side of the entry
                                                     
And here is where the end of the year comes....Halloween is next, then Thanksgiving, then birthdays, then Christmas...
so basically Christmas is next week!!!!


No comments: