Today, you turned 5 years old. You were SO confused because you had a birthday party last month and then at preK, yesterday, they sang happy birthday to you (and then they had to do it again today). You kept asking if you were 6, and I kept reminding you...that you were 5. All to which you replied "AGAIN?!?" over and over....I am so sorry. Next time, we'll just rent an indoor place for your party and have it close to your actual birthday to spare confusion. You were not a happy camper.
![]() |
| Birthday Blessing at school |
Today day was just four of us. You decided you wanted Chick fil A but to eat it at home. So, Dad went and got it for you. You also got three presents from us- one from mom, one from dad, and one from Ethan. You loved all three- pixar cars...what's not to love? Aunt Melva gave you more cars, Nana and Bopi sent you a cute little origami elephant made of birthday money, and Guelita and Guelito got you some suspenders (cause your pants fall down and you moon everyone constantly), a tie, and Pixar's inside out sheets.
![]() |
| you and cake |
You have learned SO much in this past year. Inside Out taught you that it's okay to be mad or sad. You are SO much better at communicating emotions because of this movie. You like to tell me how you feel all the time. You are my sensitive one.....I try to not yell at you, because I know it gets to you, but sometimes.....you get out of hand, child. You like to have "me and mommy time' all the time. While little bro naps, you like to pick a movie or a game and sit by me and talk the entire time. You like to tell me that you love me all the time and my reply is always the same "I love you too. You are my favorite Dominic." You love hearing this.
![]() |
| Birthday dinner |
Recently, You like to tell me about your "halloween" dreams all the time, and you ask me to put you to bed and stay there until morning. I usually only make it about an hour....my back hurts on your bed. But I do try. You keep telling me that you don't like to sleep because you don't want to dream, which breaks my heart, but there's nothing I can do. You finally stopped asking for extra glass of milk at night and you sleep so much better. You go to bed around 10 or 11 pm and usually make it all the way to 7 am without waking up. There are random days here and there, but not consistent enough.
![]() |
| present time |
You take your job as big brother seriously. You like telling Ethan what to do, and tattle on him all the time. But at the same time, you like to hold his hand when we run errands. You also like to kiss him, even though he doesn't like it very much. You like to share your snacks and candy with him, and he follows you around all the time, because he knows you are going to share. You like to wrestle and he usually loses, but still pushes your buttons. You both learned to sleep in the same room this year, and you sleep so much better because of it. I think you needed to feel like someone else was in the room with you. I must admit, that I am very surprised that both of you like each other as much as you do (especially when you are 3 years apart). Usually, that is not the case....not with all the moms I know. Their kids are not that close. So, it's so nice to know that maybe you will grow up to be good friends.
![]() |
| best present ever! |
You love Dad. Anytime he is not home, you think he's "sleeping" (because he works nights). When he comes home, you like to wrestle. He's really good at wearing you out. You like it when he takes you camping in the backyard. You also like it when he takes you to therapy or picks you up from school.
![]() |
| more cars |
You learned so many new concepts this year- addition, subtraction, percent, telling time (analog and digital clock), the meaning of the word "traffic" and so many others I can't remember. You have done so well in therapy. You have so many sounds that you did not have before- "R" is still a hard one. But your "th" sounds great. I feel like this year, you finally thinned out and you are no longer a toddler....you no longer look like a baby anymore. You look like a little man- you have opinions, you like to give orders, you like to be part of a group, and you love to play outside, and you are our social butterfly...who would have thought? It took you a little longer to talk, but once you did, you love talking to everybody. You are right in the middle of wearing clothes in the toddler section and the boys' section. It's hard to find you clothes that actually fit. So far, we have come to find out, that pants are in the toddler's and shirts are in the boys'.
![]() |
| another great present |
You love hugs and kisses and knowing that I'm not mad at you. You cannot go to sleep if I am mad at you, so we usually talk things over, before we head over to bed. I love being your mommy and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I've had to raise you for the last 5 years. I wish for you to still keep your uniqueness and free spirit for the rest of your life. I love how you pride yourself in knowing you are the silliest person you know....and you are pretty silly. I hope you enjoy being a kid and love having fun for the rest of your life. Here's to many more kiddo!
![]() |
| Ethan's present |
Love,
Mama









No comments:
Post a Comment