Ethan is still growing. I thought maybe he would stop a bit after his 2nd birthday...but we have noticed that some of his 2T pants (sweatpants) are too small for him. I don't understand...they are 2T!!! Dom was barely in 2T at this age. Looking at last year's Christmas photos...he looks so tiny. He definitely stretch...a lot.
| loves food |
Can you blame him? That kid eats EVERYTHING. Recently, he discovered brown rice and quinoa...and he loves it. That's right....he loves it. He also loves beans, pasta, sausage ( that's probably the only meat he'll taste), and fruits and veggies. He's the only one that is willing to have some of my homemade smoothies....not even Dad does that. Recently, he has found other sweet stuff- like yogurt, and those blended fruit pouches. O MY GOSH! does he love those things! He can eat several if I let him....the rule is...only one of everything a day. No more than one fruit snack pouch, no more than a blended fruit pouch, no more than a candy a day. Otherwise, they walk all over me, and that's all they eat.
He sleeps okay. He will wake up once only- around 1 am for milk, then sleep until about 8 am. He does nap for about three hours during the day though. He's pretty consistent at that. By this time, Dom had given up naps all together. So I am glad this kid likes them, what a needed break for all of us.
He's diaper-less these days. I know I said potty trained...but I got to thinking....potty trained really means that they can go potty all by themselves without telling me. That is not the case. Ethan holds it, then yells "peepee" and we run to the little potty (still won't go on the big one). He does the deed, asks for a "high five" and goes about his day....until he needs to go again. If we have to go out to the store, I usually have to remind him and sit him down to go, so we don't have accidents. So...really...who's being trained here?
| Loves colors |
Whatever....but I can safely say...he is diaperless during the day. At night, he still pees quite a bit AND he drinks milk...so, we're not stopping that anytime soon. But he's the one that started the whole potty thing...so I went with it. Otherwise, I would have waited another year like with Dom. It's really a blessing in disguise, because that means he has about 8 months to really be potty trained, and then he can go to preschool next academic year. Yeah...that's right....he's leaving the house. haha.
| Loves Totoro |
I recently found out, that he can do the mini three program where Dom goes, so why not? He already knows 1-10 and all the main colors and letters, and he'll be potty trained. He needs more stimulation. I think he'll like it.
Right now though, he's going thru this awful "mommy" phase. He won't stay in nursery unless I am there. I left him there to cry last Sunday....and I stood outside my class...and I could hear him cry all the way out there! He cried for about 7 minutes...very loud. I gave up, and told them I would sit in with him. I didn't have the heart to just leave him there to fend for himself. It kinda stinks. It's getting worse, it wasn't this bad before. Let's hope it sorts itself out before September, so he can go to school in peace. I have recently been called to teach RS...so, I guess the plan now, is to let him cry it out once a month...since Spencer hardly goes on Sundays. Maybe it has to be treated like a band aid...one time, super fast...and see how it plays out. Poor kid....
And tantrums!!! At least one a day....but they're not nearly as bad as Dom's....Dom is just a cranky kid. Ethan only does it for like 5 seconds...and moves on. Another blessing in disguise...I don't think i could handle two Doms...haha.
| I don't know who taught him that |
| Snow day! |
| Only lasted about 20 minutes |
He loves to jump on the bed with big brother. We finally got him a mattress! I know...it was way overdue. I finally went to big lots (with a coupon of course) and got a brand new mattress for the kid. He loves it. All he needs now is a bed. I think we'll probably buy a bunk bed/separate twin beds for the kids....sometime this year. I thought maybe we could make a trundle and use Dom's bed (since it's tall) but Spencer hates that idea. So, it's on the bucket list for 2017....haha. He did get some cool Thomas the train sheets for Christmas...so he can finally use those.
He loves getting dressed. he loves putting socks and shoes on. He has learned so many new words in such a short time "socks", "shoes", "dang", "oh no", "yes", "please", "rice", "feet", "nose", "toes", "ouch", "nu uh (no)". He can count forwards and backwards 1-10. When I tell him to wait (for something" I can hear him talk to himself "a,b,c.d.e.f.g....." It's pretty cute. He's the obedient one, and will listen around the 2-3rd time. He loves to make me laugh and loves cuddles. He loves it when I sleep next to him. He has recently been a butt when it comes to going to bed. I will put him in first, give him milk, turn the lights out, shut the door and leave. But little booger is known for coming out several times, before actually falling asleep...it takes him about an hour. He likes to turn on the light, look at books, take the stuff out of the dresser drawers....you name it.
But I still love the little booger. He makes me happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment