The kids got a chance to play with snow, and lasted a whopping 20 minutes. Ethan was the first one to give up, then Dom came in screaming because he had some snow/ice creep inside his mitten and it was cold. So we called it a day. Spencer got to make many fires in the fireplace, which made him feel like a man...haha
One time, he forgot to open the top of the fireplace and smoked us out....which made the alarm go off and we couldn't shut it off. It was so LOUD. Dom (my sensitive one) started crying....he finally found a corner of a closet to hide in, to escape the loud noise. It broke my heart...I had to sit with him. We had to process what was going on. He forgave us haha. Ethan could not have cared less, he was in the toy room the whole time. The firefighters showed up and helped us shut it off. So, lesson learned for Dad.
Dominic got to celebrate Dinosaurs all January in school. The last week of January, they have a "Dads and Dino Day" where they get to show Dads their art projects, sing some Dino songs, and share a snack (donuts holes- that only Dom ate). I wish Dom was more into Dinosaurs. I tried to show him some dino shows on netflix and the library, but he really wasn't interested. I remember I was so into dinosaurs when Jurassic park came out. My brother and I had all kinds of toys and books about them. I still remember a lot of the dino names, and I would tell Dom..."oh this is a diplodocus, or a velociraptor, or a albertosaurus" and he would just laugh at me....booger. He did learn- Apatosaurus, T Rex, stegosaurus, pterodactyl...and what is a carnivore and what is a herbivore. I think he liked that part better, looking at teeth. He's really into minions right now. I was able to persuade him to not be so grumpy for 3 days and as a reward,he could get a minion toy. He did it, but he said it was really hard. I have since learned, I am part of the problem and we're working on it together.
He was invited to two birthday parties this month and had a blast. Ethan was able to come to one.
He loves zip lining
Ethan is doing so good. He still counts- can count also from fourteen to twenty-and does the ABC. He has found a youtube channel he watches at least 5 times a day. He loves nursery rhymes, especially "mama finger where are you? Here I am ...Here I am...how do you do?". Seriously, he will walk around the house with finger puppets muttering to himself all the time. He goes potty in both the little potty and the big potty. Although if he goes in the little one, he likes to dump it in the big toilet...usually making a mess, and making it smell like a public bathroom. So, that bathroom gets cleaned WAY more than I would like. But again....we need him to switch over so he can go to preschool this upcoming school year. I"m so excited...can you tell? I will actually be ALONE for 3 hours two days a week....WOOHOO. A girl can dream...right?
Ethan is also into this "mine" phase. EVERYTHING...is Ethan's. He constantly moves Dom aside and says "mine" or when Dom will step over his toys he will say "NO...uh uh...NO"....and then have a fit. Dom likes making him cry a bit, but he does love him. Recently, Ethan started hugging Dom when we came back from School...no one told him to do it. He usually hugs me, but started hugging Dom recently, and it's SO cute. My mom is also teaching Ethan some spanish words, so sometimes they will sneak out of his mouth every now and then.
I...don't know what I did this month. Do moms ever do ANYTHING for themselves? I mean....i cleaned, and washed, and dusted, and vacuumed, and folded laundry...and you know...all those boring things. Recently, I am sending kids to bed by 9pm so I can binge watch neflix for a few hours....yeah, it's bad. That's the only way I can decompress from the days. Dom talks so loud, it literally gives me headaches. So, I watch whatever...nothing really in particular. There's a lot of sad documentaries in my feed and the office haha. I also got a BOM study guide and started really studying the BOM. I hope to actually finish it this year....and actually remember most of it. I still go to the gym 4 times a week for an hour. Started doing cycling. I think out of all the classes, that's my favorite one. The weight class being a close second. My thighs hurt all the time, and I think I like that. The classes start at 9 am, making me actually want to get up. So, I have something to look forward to. And I feel so accomplished the rest of the day....otherwise, I think I would just sit on the sofa and watch Netflix all day in pajamas....seriously. I decided to start eating healthier and see if maybe I could drop some pounds...we'll see how that goes.
Spencer, got to go to Panama early this year and go see some birds. He was gone for a whopping 7 days and boy, did we miss him. I missed those 10-15min of time outs I got when he's here. Dom and I did NOT get along. I have noticed that when Dom doesn't get attention, he acts out...in a big way. So , these past week(s) I have been committed to giving him one on one attention, and guess what? Tantrums and hissy fits are almost non existent. Kinda makes me feel bad...that I hadn't noticed earlier.
Anyways, Spencer got to see come cool birds, and go to see the smog in Mexico City, and LAX...haha. He also got to spend half a day in Phoenix while waiting to come back. The kids wanted to go get him at the airport...they were so excited for him to go back. We sure are happy to have him back and told him that he could never leave again. He's scheduled to leave sometime in April for a conference....haha. But only for the weekend. Seven days was WAY too long for anybody to be gone.
He has started switching and paintings all the interior doors from granny oak to white. So far...we only have four...haha. BUT we also were able to put in a lock in the pocket door to the bathroom (thank you youtube!) and now...it locks! no more babies waiting for me to finish showering. Ah...the little things in life. Happy to see you February!
Got a minion for not being grumpy
For 3 days
Ethan is doing so good. He still counts- can count also from fourteen to twenty-and does the ABC. He has found a youtube channel he watches at least 5 times a day. He loves nursery rhymes, especially "mama finger where are you? Here I am ...Here I am...how do you do?". Seriously, he will walk around the house with finger puppets muttering to himself all the time. He goes potty in both the little potty and the big potty. Although if he goes in the little one, he likes to dump it in the big toilet...usually making a mess, and making it smell like a public bathroom. So, that bathroom gets cleaned WAY more than I would like. But again....we need him to switch over so he can go to preschool this upcoming school year. I"m so excited...can you tell? I will actually be ALONE for 3 hours two days a week....WOOHOO. A girl can dream...right?
Ethan is also into this "mine" phase. EVERYTHING...is Ethan's. He constantly moves Dom aside and says "mine" or when Dom will step over his toys he will say "NO...uh uh...NO"....and then have a fit. Dom likes making him cry a bit, but he does love him. Recently, Ethan started hugging Dom when we came back from School...no one told him to do it. He usually hugs me, but started hugging Dom recently, and it's SO cute. My mom is also teaching Ethan some spanish words, so sometimes they will sneak out of his mouth every now and then.
Being goofy
I...don't know what I did this month. Do moms ever do ANYTHING for themselves? I mean....i cleaned, and washed, and dusted, and vacuumed, and folded laundry...and you know...all those boring things. Recently, I am sending kids to bed by 9pm so I can binge watch neflix for a few hours....yeah, it's bad. That's the only way I can decompress from the days. Dom talks so loud, it literally gives me headaches. So, I watch whatever...nothing really in particular. There's a lot of sad documentaries in my feed and the office haha. I also got a BOM study guide and started really studying the BOM. I hope to actually finish it this year....and actually remember most of it. I still go to the gym 4 times a week for an hour. Started doing cycling. I think out of all the classes, that's my favorite one. The weight class being a close second. My thighs hurt all the time, and I think I like that. The classes start at 9 am, making me actually want to get up. So, I have something to look forward to. And I feel so accomplished the rest of the day....otherwise, I think I would just sit on the sofa and watch Netflix all day in pajamas....seriously. I decided to start eating healthier and see if maybe I could drop some pounds...we'll see how that goes.
Spencer, got to go to Panama early this year and go see some birds. He was gone for a whopping 7 days and boy, did we miss him. I missed those 10-15min of time outs I got when he's here. Dom and I did NOT get along. I have noticed that when Dom doesn't get attention, he acts out...in a big way. So , these past week(s) I have been committed to giving him one on one attention, and guess what? Tantrums and hissy fits are almost non existent. Kinda makes me feel bad...that I hadn't noticed earlier.
Anyways, Spencer got to see come cool birds, and go to see the smog in Mexico City, and LAX...haha. He also got to spend half a day in Phoenix while waiting to come back. The kids wanted to go get him at the airport...they were so excited for him to go back. We sure are happy to have him back and told him that he could never leave again. He's scheduled to leave sometime in April for a conference....haha. But only for the weekend. Seven days was WAY too long for anybody to be gone.
"Cheese"
He has started switching and paintings all the interior doors from granny oak to white. So far...we only have four...haha. BUT we also were able to put in a lock in the pocket door to the bathroom (thank you youtube!) and now...it locks! no more babies waiting for me to finish showering. Ah...the little things in life. Happy to see you February!
| The before and after |
| These are now white (they are only primed in the pic) |
| so much better! |








No comments:
Post a Comment