Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 3, 2017

March Madness

March has been good to us. The weather was actually quite chilly but it was still nice enough in the afternoon to go outside and play.
trying out the ninja warrior course at the park
Time to get in shape!

Dominic had a couple of school parties and he had a blast. In the St Patty's Day party he was able to go search for "gold"coins (chocolate coins) and got a small treat (twizzlers in every color of the rainbow). He was also invited to a friends' birthday party at the bounce house and he had a blast.
cute entrance

The snack table...moms always go all out for
holidays

The naughty leprechauns came...Dom was really
nervous he was going to find one.

The penny trail to the pot of gold. They got
to keep the pennies...how sweet.

The entrance to the school (inside)
Friend's Bday party
Ethan was not cooperating that day

Ethan is getting better.....he's not such a big butt. He's getting better at listening, and stays in nursery. He says "please" and "thank you". He loves to bounce on the bed...actually he likes to jump from bed to bed, so I think he's telling me that he wants a trampoline. I can already tell he's gonna be my daredevil. He's nuts when it comes to acrobatics. He will stand on the third step in the stairs and try to make it to the sofa.....who told me he would actually make it?!?!  I don't know, but the fact that he's barely two and already doing things like this, makes me believe it will only get worse. He's gonna be my ER kid. Oh geez....I need to start mentally preparing myself for this.

He likes to sit on stuff right now. Yesterday,
i found him sitting on legos...OUCH. He was
enjoying it.

We finally upgraded our mattress..after ten years, and eight of back pain. Oh gosh, and I'm so thankful. My back has been so much better since then.

I had forgotten how fluffy mattresses could be. 

We also painted some walls around the house and finished all doors. We decided to paint our stairs' wall into an accent wall a dark color of gray, and the hallway a light gray (to make the white trim and doors pop). It turned out quite well actually. Now, the plan is to buy (or make) a black picture ledge and finally use all those frames that are gathering dust in the loft. For now, (on the opposite wall) we hung up an IKEA set of wire and clips to hang kids' artwork.....too many family pics might make it look like  gallery haha.
While I look for a  ledge, Spencer is thinking about painting the shed and is actively working on landscaping. We've planted so many flowers and bulbs- and some are already out. The grass is finally waking up, so now we have to do the weed and feed and get rid of these weeds.
BEFORE: when house was bought

What a difference. I really love it!

BEFORE; when house was bought

just enough color to make the white trim
pop out, and not make the dark hallway
look like  cave and I love the white
doors!

I actually found a board that's been on my wishlist for years. It would have helped SO MUCH at Disneyland. Out of nowhere, someone on the facebook marketplace was selling it, and I snatched it up. It's essentially a board that attaches to the stroller and lets the older kid hitch a ride...without sitting down. Which is perfect since Dom hates sitting....and walking. These things are insanely expensive...for a piece of plastic...so I couldn't get myself to get one. It would have been cheaper to get another stroller.  This is the first time I've ever seen a used one for sale. I figured they didn't last OR people just loved them too much. This one, is a universal one, so it matches with all strollers. I only have a chicco stroller, so it's small and compact....the way I like it. I would never get used to a double stroller...unless it's a city mini....those things are amazing. And besides, I have a 5 year old....he looks ridiculous in a stroller!
We actually used it at  the science museum and I really liked it. I'm definitely bringing it on more trips!
so convenient. And it fits (in the van) way
better than any double stroller.
Best part? It can be folded to get out of the way


Since spring break was this month, we decided to go to the science museum. The zoo and the museum are next to each other...and we arrived at 9:15am. It was nuts! People were fighting for parking spaces. The zoo overflowed into the museum parking lot, which I think is lame. They should have parked across the street. While we were able to find parking close to the museum, a lot of people could not and had to park in the overflow parking for the zoo (across the street) and wait for the trolleys to cross them into the zoo area. The museum was not nearly as packed as the zoo....the zoo was insane. I realized it was probably because the zoo is SO much cheaper than the museum. It's only like $45 a  year to go. Our zoo is not very good though.... I mean we don't have anything extraordinary to show the kids....penguins, elephants, maybe a tiger, giraffe,...you know the same stuff over and over again. Dominic refuses to go to the zoo, he has anxiety about big cats....he says he doesn't want them to see him. Ethan couldn't care less. But Dom actually requested the science museum. We only go like once a year, it's not cheap. And it gives them time to switch a few things around and still amaze the kids.
he loves curiocity

hitting targets....Dad was really good

(Dino dig)he put on the goggles himself, so professional.

Dad loves their treehouse. The slide is like
5 stories high!

playing with jumbo dominoes

playing with jumbo bricks

learning about space...not really....they just liked
the balls being held up by air. 

a HUGE lite brite! This was awesome. We
probably spent a good 30 min playing with it.
Ethan loved it the most!

A HUGE battleship game. But the people
playing never left....so we just had to watch. 



There were a couple of weeks where the kids were just absolutely atrocious. We went from being okay children to throwing things at the wall, and kicking doors, and hitting each other. I was so upset about their behavior that I had to cancel our weekend trip to the Lego Discovery Center in Dallas. We had planned to surprise them (since Dom is so into legos right now) and it was a couple of hours away, but since the behavior did not get better AT ALL, I decided to just cancel it all together. They were mad, but I was not about to reward bad behavior. I guess it was okay to cancel, we were just going to show up...it's not like we had reservations or anything. Maybe, we'll try again in May when the splash park over there opens.

Instead, my dear husband (at a moment's notice) decided to throw me several surprises on Friday. He decided to take the kids away and let me go to the salon to get my hair cut and colored. Then we had an appointment (together) to get a couples massage. First of all..it was so weird. I guess I'm a lot more shy than I thought I was. It was a good experience to do with Spencer. It would just have been awkward by myself. We had fun though, but Spencer said his masseuse massaged him pretty hard, and he was hurting.  Anyways, after that, he took me to a fancy steakhouse where the dessert menu had no prices.....I've never seen that before. Then he surprised me one last time, and took me to see "Beauty and the Beast". It was okay, everyone kept talking about how good it was, it got me all hyped up. But it was just okay. The gay scene everyone talks about....super weak...you might even miss it. It was definitely  a chick flick but I liked the fact that Emma Watson was in it...and so did Spencer (he's a huge Hermione Granger fan) haha.
We finally upgraded and got a roku to match
our new tv. it's so awesome!

Getting hair done.

Couples massage
Dinner
Goofball
he found a seat 
movie time

Sorry, no out of town trips this month....Spencer is getting ready to go to a NP Conference in Miami and there are big plans for us for our anniversary, but only if...everything goes according to plan.....yeah, we'll see how that goes.

No comments: