Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 7, 2017

29 Months

Ethan is so much stronger these days. He likes to push buttons, and gets in trouble with Dom all the time.
Just a couple of days ago, he was fighting with Dom over a Mickey plush and he let go, hitting the brick. His glasses got in the way of the fall, but he still got a bit of a black eye. He was super tough throughout the whole ordeal. He only cried for like a minute and he's been fine ever since...no medicine.
We decided to give the kids a trampoline since they were good when we were away....so they say. I had to bribe Dom in order to keep his cool for four days...poor Grandma. They love it, and I am glad to say they have not jumped on MY sofa once. It's all done outside. I like how its low to the ground and relatively small. Ethan can jump on it for like half an hour by himself and he is the happiest boy on Earth. He loves walking outside barefoot. He doesn't like wearing shoes, and unfortunately, Dom taught him how to go #1 outside...so they think it's pretty funny.  But overall, he's the better behaved child- he actually listens.

He loves his older brother and includes him in EVERYTHING. Everythig he does he will say "ok  Dot dots (dominic) turn". And he will give him whatever he has....I wish I could say the same about Dom, but he's being a serious butt these days. Ethan loves taking turns and loves teasing Dom, but most importantly, he really loves him. They actually play together. I'm so glad they are both boys- they can be rough together and the best part is that they are practically the same size and weigh the same...so I don't worry about Ethan. I keep telling Dom that if he keeps skipping meals Ethan will past him in weight and start to sit on him.

I recently bought a US magnetic map and Ethan's doing so well with that. He knows (by shape) most  of the map. He's pretty good at it. He's also learning sight words with Dom, and addition. I'm not sure if he actually knows what he's doing, but he remembers easy words and addition and will repeat it throughout the house. I hear him signing the songs all the time. he still loves nursery rhymes too- the finger family and if you're happy and you know it songs are a major hit around here. Unfortunately Dom taught Ethan to say "poopyface" so I hear Ethan singing...if you're happy and you you know it...POOPYFACE!....and apparently, it's quite funny between them.


He's a beast- He will try anything and will eat fairly well most days. He loves saying "tortilla" and flour tortillas are his favorite. He loves that juice squeeze pouches, but is only allowed two a day. He also loves avocado. He likes to walk around with it, and also bananas. he has a banana for breakfast every day.  I'm starting to introduce him to cereal with milk, to see if maybe he won't drink so much milk in the mornings. But it's a hit and miss. some days he's ok with it, some days, he just wants his banana. AND he loves berries- especially strawberries. I was hoping to get a strawberry plant and see if we could grow strawberries, but I just haven't gotten the time. But he enjoys watches the little cucumber and tomatoes grow. We'll see if they actually ripened and we get a chance to eat them before the dreaded birds do.

He's a really good climber. He's even better than his older brother. I can't believe how good he is. He may need to go into gymnastics or something later on. he also loves the water, but has no idea how to swim. He just jumps in and hopes someone catches him, which worries me a LOT. So, he always has his floaties on, OR we just go to the splash park.  I'm thinking about doing swim lessons with him this summer, but I need Dom's things to be done first, because I am not about to juggle two swim lessons back to back...I'm not that desperate.

he found a friend at the lego center

He's a cutie and a keeper. 

No comments: