Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 19, 2017

End of May

May was super busy for us. It meant the end of all things school.

Dom graduated from music class and preK. He did so well in music class and has learned a whole lot about beats, notes, and instruments. It should be easier for him to start instrument lessons soon....as soon as I can find someone willing to take on a 5 year old.
He graduated from preK the day after we left for NYC, so  we didn't get a chance to see him. I was so sad, but my parents were able to attend and taped it for me. I can't believe I have a kid about to enter Kindergarten....as in like...regular school. we did the local lottery for the charter school and we are #5 on the waiting list...so we may actually get in...who knows? I sure hope we do, but either way, he is already signed up for our local school if that doesn't happen. And he's super excited because he finally gets to bring lunch to school haha. I've heard that the first semester they have quiet/nap time for the kiddos to adjust from going half day to really a full day (9am to 4pm). I'm glad...because it's going to be a LONG day for him. He's also started Tball practice, which he loves. He's actually a really good runner. He should be a sprinter.

last class/ presentations

Diplomas

He's being a butt lately. He's having a lot of anxiety about stuff (anything sets him off...but usually it's me) and he gets so angry. Is this normal? He's starting to kick doors and hit me...which results in punishment. He'll cry it out for a while....and then it's like nothing happened....so bizarre. It used to happened about once every couple of days...but it seems like now it's twice a day...and it's so annoying. I finally sat down with him (once I finally had his attention) and we had a long talk about what we need in order to calm down. I know what you're thinking....with a 5 yr old? I know Dom is not exactly the best at talking, but I wanted to know what he was thinking. He basically just wanted more attention, and wanted me to listen to his anxiety. We went to a local store and got him a fidget spinner (since it's suppose to be for ADD kids...I thought maybe it would somehow help with the anxiety)....it did not. He never touches it haha. THEN....I started spending more time with him and realized that maybe if he slept more...he wouldn't be so cranky. I am always cranky because my kids don't let me sleep. Dom refuses to sleep as long as there is light outside (that makes it super hard during the summer). For now, (as of 3 weeks) at 8:15pm both kids drink milk, brush their teeth, go potty, and they both lay down for bed. Then I lay down between them until they fall asleep. It's been rough for me, because this means that I have to get all my chores done by 9pm, but if that what it takes for Dom to be healthy...I"ll do whatever. You know what happened? He started sleeping from 9pm-8am.....a whopping 11 hours! The most he has EVER slept....even as a baby. He's more calm and definitely thinks more clearly and tantrums are almost nonexistent. I really don't know why he resists so much. Sleep is great.....

He's been picked to stand up in primary a lot
this year. I love how he crosses his legs.
Tball practice has started. He's 
The one in the white hat. 

Ethan is a sweetheart. The terrible twos do not fit him. He just goes with the flow and stares at tantrum-y  big brother all the time. He's just like his father- easy going and super chilled. The first thing he does when he wakes up is drink milk and then go outside and feel the grass between his toes. He's such an easy child. If he would have been my firstborn....I probably would have had more children sooner haha. He is so polite- always says please and thank you....even if Dom is a butt and throws him the toy back, he will just say "OH thank you Dot dot". He's the only one that actually stands Dom during his awful tantrums. He's such a good fit for him. He's also the same size and definitely throws around his weight...he's not afraid of Dom. He's the gentle giant around here. People always tell me how big he is for a 2.5 yr old.
"mama...I wanna play baseball too"
Too cute. 

Spencer and I took a trip this month to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. Are we that old?! Apparently so. we had fun filled 4 days in NYC without kids (they stayed with my mom) but we skyped every night.  This month he's gotten tired of working nights and decided it was time to leave. It was getting too rough for him and it's starting to affect his health. He decided to put in his notice....his 4 month notice haha....yeah, it's a long one. He's excited for the new chapter in his life.  He's looking forward to working 9am -5pm job and coming home for dinner and not missing any of the kids' activities. he looks forward to not having to deal with hospital politics and being in charge for once. He is super excited.

He has also mastered the art of landscaping. He found a local nursery willing to help him find some plants for his garden that grow well locally. He has fallen in love with those people. He brings back like 10 plants every time he goes. But the backyards looks really good. Finally, the grass turned green and is doing great....barely any weeds. the front yard is the problem right now. There'a  few unexplainable patches we are trying to fix. The bulbs I planted back in March are in full bloom and they are so pretty! It's so nice to see color around here.
                Pano of the backyard
       The front- those really tall flowers 
        don't stand a chance in OK wind. 

I got to celebrate Mother's Day. the kids bought me a plant and they decorated the pot for me with Dad's help. I've been hard at work in the garden. The cucumber and pumpkins have been planted next to the box (since they are vines) to see if the shaded area is a much better place for them...so far so good. And the garden is doing great! I bought some tomato plant food and it has worked wonders on my tomato plants. They're three times as big and fluffy than the neighbors. We have pumpkins vines growing out of control, and cucumbers that are getting bigger by the minute. I can't believe they actually were seeds at one points. It's so rewarding to see something thrive when you actually planted it. It's so much more cooler than saying ....buying the $10 plant at lowes.

We have watermelon growing....but are tiny still. I'm not sure if that's because they don't get much sun, or if it's because it's just not their time. The bell peppers, basil, cilantro, jalapeno, and lavender....are just doing ok. My jalapenos last year did not give me fruit until about late july....so I think they're taking their sweet time.

I'm still going to the gym four times a day for an hour. I think I would go crazy if i don't release all this energy. It makes me feel accomplished for some reason. I'm so tired when I come out, but it also feels like I can take on the day. The days I'm off, I certainly feel sluggish, but it lets me catch up on stuff- like grocery shopping, coupon clipping, and finding sales and cleaning house.

Like I said...busy busy....

No comments: