Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 12, 2017

Summery June

June was so hot! Oh my goodness.  We did a lot of landscape and spent a lot of time outside and had some good times.

We decided that Dominic needed an outlet. I was able to find him swim lessons with friends, and he kept asking about tball. So he did both. He also got to do Vacation Bible School- everyone does it here....it's a good thing we live in the Bible belt. It's free and it helps kids understand Godly concepts in a more "modern" manner and they get to stay there for three hours....I'm not complaining. There is no cost, but they do ask that you donate to their cause (this time it was the infant crisis center and they needed baby items). he also did a week long tennis camp, and he actually enjoyed it and asked to come back next year. Next year, it will be a lot longer, so we'll see how he takes it.


Tball has been good to Dominic. He has learned to be a part of a team, and to take the bad days with the good. He looses focus to fast, and he gets mad when the ball comes his way and he doesn't catch it (mainly because he wasn't paying attention). He's getting better at not letting it get to him, and he's learning how to cope with the not so good days. He's so competitive....I fear for his self esteem all the time. I figured he might as well learn now that sometimes, we're not good at things we like....and that is okay. But it's cool to see him practice in the backyard. He did swim lessons for two weeks and he loved it! He's  due to go back to swim lessons in july for the next level.
He really does listen, when he wants to. 

covering the base

batting
Both kids became obsessed with Mcdonalds all of a sudden. I think we've only gone twice. They watch a lot of you tube videos and I guess Dom found one where there is a kid playing with a life size mcdonal's drive thru toy (probably from the 90s) and asked for one. I have NO idea how to find one, they're not even popular anymore...it would be a garage sale find. So i had to improvise, and after a week of asking me when he was going to get one....I told him we were just going to make it. My mom had just ordered some garage shelves, so the box was perfect. He wanted to color the entire thing red, but I told him we would run out of markers before that happened. So, we decided on just doing an M. He loved it! It still standing! They love taking turns making food and giving it to me. It's so odd, how children fantasize about working in fast food, and then as adults we dread it haha. They must think it's really cool to work that close with the happy meal toys.

Ethan has been suffering from severe eye infections for weeks (into July as well). He was on strong antibiotics for weeks, and I finally had to step in and give the doctor an ultimatum and stop the antiobiotics. He suggested more surgery...surprise. He says this should be the last one, and he would do both eyes. His tear duct glands apparently did not open up with the first surgery, so this second one would actually put ballons (stints) inside to force them to flush the eye stuff. This would be the only way for his eyes to have a fighting chance at dealing with bacteria and bad stuff on their own....so we have decided to go with it. You will have to tune into July to see the outcome of that surgery.
He's in 2 yr old mode right now- doesn't need any help, only wants mom, can do everything himself, and apparently, he's the boss. There's a lot of tantrums....and a lot of tears when he doesn't get what he wants. The other day he cried for 10 min because I would not let him have the same treat Dom had...even though we all knew he didn't even like it.  It's hard not having anything to do for him. So i signed up for swim lessons in July....see if that maybe eases all the tension between us two.  The ipad has really been a companion to him this month. Every tantrum leads to him in his bed with his blanket and ipad....he usually falls asleep within the hour.
He got a haircut for the second time, and he was a LOT better this time. No crying...it was great. He wasn't happy, but no whining or crying. He knew he was getting a lollipop after, so I think that helped.
He was trying...he really was. 

One of our days at the splash park
he really likes vacuums 


Spencer had a blast this month. He did a lot of landscape and research. Early in May in found some stone by the road, and picked it up. He created a walkway on the side of the house (entrance to the backyard) and it looks so nice. he finally finished the shed...it's all ready to go and it's so nice to get his backyard tools out of the garage.
walkway with free stones! 

 He's been helping me garden and our pumpkin vines have taken over!!! I cannot believe it. last year, we killed them and this year, they are so strong. They have taken over our watermelon space....so we had to move those, and we are not sure they will survive the move. Another surprise....our cherry tomato plant. It's got seriously probably like a hundred little tomatoes (all green right now). I can't wait to see them all ripened and make some delicious salads. It's a massive plant too. I wasn't expecting that. Last year, our tomato plant was tall,....but only gave us maybe 6 tomatoes....by no means, support us haha. This year, we have a cherry tomato and a regular tomato. The regular tomato has 6 again....and they are taking too long. We fear that may be it for the season. We also have cucumber vines that have given us 5 so far.....extremely juicy cucumbers, and still has about 6 attached. We may get many more. The sweet peppers, onions, watermelons and jalapenos...are just okay.  We'll see if they give anything before the season is over.
He planted sunflowers, and they are getting so tall....but no flowers yet. We have discovered that they are FULL sun. Nothing in the shade....they are so tiny if they are shaded at all.
Tomatoes back in mid May
Today....it's mostly the cherry tomato plant that overtook
eveything

Spencer has put in his notice on his job and has decided to take a job an hour away, but we will be able to remain in our home for a little bit longer. He's excited for the new phase in his life (working days! no more nights!) and he'll be in charge. He will start in August and hope he will enjoy it more than his current job. Fingers crossed.
cucumbers
Pumpkins
Sunflowers are so tall....it's just been about 6 weeks!

We got to celebrate Father's Day with Spencer here....it was a rare event. We didn't do a huge party, but we did a small celebration and a small gift- a key. The key is a VIP thing the local golf course has so that you can get balls to the range anytime you want, without the use of tokens. You put in your key, and the machine automatically gives you balls...instead of walking inside and trading coins for bills and then walking outside again to get the balls in the machine with said tokens. He really liked it and has really enjoyed going almost every chance he gets.
Opening his gift
he bought Dom some clubs so he could go with him. 


I have tended to the garden as well- I make sure i feed it miracle gro and its always watered. I have been cleaning house and gotten rid of things and donated things. I am tired of looking at stuff I never use. We hope to maybe sell some toys in the late summer/early fall to make room for new toys in the holiday season....or just to make room! I still go to the gym four days a week and are finally seeing some results in muscle building....I'm so excited about that....bye flabby arms! I'm always sore, but I know that means the body is changing. I try to juice at least 3 times a week. I don't understand how people can say kale tastes good....I"m sorry, it never has and never will. You have to drench it in salad dressing OR put it some ginger or more fruit in the juice to make it palatable. I feel like I"m tasting the Earth. But I know it's good for me, so I usually mix it with spinach....good vitamins to have around your body. I usually add ginger too for health support.

We ended June with a trip to St Louis to visit family and friends, but you will have to wait until July update to see that....since most of it was in July. We have lots of things planned in July


No comments: