Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 1, 2018

Dear Dominic: No longer a toddler

Dear Dominic,

You turned 6 this year buddy! That means, you are no longer a toddler. You keep telling me that 5T clothes are no longer for you....but the truth is...you're still tiny and could fit into 4T if allowed. Ethan can wear your clothes and I can't tell if he's wearing the wrong size.

But I am glad you feel so grown up. You HAVE grown up so much this year. We all had to learn to adapt to public school as you entered Kindergarten. It was NOT a smooth transition by any means, but a HUGE learning curve. But I am glad I was there to help you ease your anxiety. Now, a semester in, you have friends and I think you enjoy going...it's waking up and getting dressed that's the hard part.
You got to take a pic with the Principal (Mrs Ellis)

You're so smart. You have an engineering mind and are obsessed with legos. You constantly watch you tube to figure out how to build more things, and hope to become a master builder someday. It is the ONLY thing that can keep you entertained for hours. Sometimes, I hear you in the toy room, pretending to make your own you tube channel and explaining to yourself why you are building what you're building with certain parts. You always end it with "don't forget to watch my other builds. see you next time!". It's quite cute. I really should videotape it for future reference. You don't like TV and do not like to sit down. In fact, at dinner time, I have to keep remind you "bum on the chair" because you like to wander around and it drives me bonkers.
I got to bring you lunch (and Ethan) to school

You don't like food....it's no wonder you're so tiny. You don't like fruits, and you don't like veggies. I sneak in veggies in your pasta sauce (and every now and then you catch them and refuse to eat) and I have to get you healthy snacks and dessert to make up for your lack of nutrition. You like drinkable yogurt, jello with fruit in it, cheese sticks, and the occasional fruit snacks package. It's so hard to figure out what you will eat that day. Some days pasta is ok, then the next it is not. Some days you like chicken nuggets....and then you don't, and I'm stuck with them. You love soda, but are only allowed to drink it when we go to restaurants. You don't like juice for some reason, which I guess it's a good thing.....so that only thing you drink is water.
I came back for snack time. We had donut holes (bday snack)
and we got to sing Happy Bday to you

You are  a terrible sleeper. You still wake up anywhere from once to 4 times a night and come ask me something. Most of the time, you need to go potty. It's amazing how much liquid you're little bladder can hold. You can go pee right before bed, and still wake up twice during the night to go again. It's insane. I only do that now because I"m pregnant. You also wake me up or come lay down with me, if you have nightmares, but since we don't fit in my bed....I usually end up on the floor of your room....for a little bit....at least until my back gives out and then  I come back to my room. Mama is not sleeping at all these past few weeks.
Guelita gave you a hopper...

You like bossing people around...which makes you a good big brother. You play well with Ethan,  and wrestling is one of your favorite things to do with him....probably because you weigh the same. You are so ready for the new baby to come and keep asking me if he will become "the boss baby?' (like the movie)...and I keep responding "yes...for a little while". So I'm not really sure if you're happy or sad about that. But I think you like the idea that another little boy will be joining us soon. You are a man's man. Anything sports, guns, outdoors....you are game for. But at the same time, you are my sensitive one, and don't like it when you get yelled at or time out. You also don't like loud noises and have anxiety. But we are working through that together. Truth be told....you are ME . You are exactly like me, so it's easy to know how you will react to things. So, in a way, even though you were my hardest baby, I have always known what you needed. And I'm so thankful that I'm getting to you know as your mother and friend. You can be pretty goofy, loud, and  class clown if you get crazy. And you have the craziest ideas when it comes to play time.
You wanted donuts instead of cake. So I found you
a minion donut, and a batman donut for Ethan

May you never feel like you have to serious (or lose your goofiness) to find your place in the world, and may you always march to the beat of your own drum.

You absolutely LOVE minecraft legos right now.

Love
Mama

No comments: