Look at you little bro! You joined our family exactly three years ago, and I really can't remember what it was like without you. You are the best friend Dom needed. You are the first to apologize and the first to forget. You can handle his crazy antics and tantrums and always want to be by his side...even when he is not so nice. You sleep together and I have no idea how you sleep through the night...he is the loudest sleeper EVER. But you handle it with grace and love to wake him up at 6am promptly. It's a fair trade I think.
| You were so excited that it was your turn. |
You loved food from the beginning. I remember in the ultrasound everyone was worried because your tummy was so big. Turns out, you just have a big appetite. You nursed for a whopping 40 minutes your first time. You were a lover of food then, and you're a lover of food now. Anything sweet and natural, it's all fair game- berries, bananas, yogurt, cheese sticks, apples. You are the only kid I know that likes kale and will drink my juices. I don't worry about your nutrition at all. There are days, where you refuse to eat actual food, but I don't worry because I know you fill your tummy with earthly goodness. Your not a big fan of candy. the only one you will tolerate is the lollipop (no juicy center though). You only ask for it, because Dom asks for it. No surprise there.But I usually end up finding it on the carpet or the table later on.
You love school and have made some new friends- including Ms B. She loves you dearly and you love her back. She says you talk to her all the time. When you fall in the playground, you immediately turn to her for comfort. You have learned so fast. I know that's in part due to Dominic, but you really are so smart. You are too much of a thinker and are really good at puzzles. You have figured out how to climb your way into trouble and even how to get food from the high end of the counter....usually when no one is looking....around 5am. For your birthday, you got to go to your school chapel and the pastor gave you a cool cross necklace and gave you a blessing. You were so excited and still talk about your "blessing".
| You are right in the middle with a crown on your head..ready for your "blessing" |
| baby marshall and a coloring book |
| and a basketball hoop...which you are REALLY good at. |
You love Paw Patrol and legos. You love to pretend to watch youtube to see how someone is being built and try to follow along. Most of the time, you get pretty darn close. You love to talk, and you love to cuddle. It's amazing the conversations we have. Right now, you are afraid of the dark, and need someone to turn lights on for you.You constantly remind me to not lock the door to your room for bedtime. Which I don't understand why that's even a fear, I have never done that! But you never leave your room (at night) to bother me. You are the best sleeper ever. You do wake up around 5:30am which is kind of a bummer...but sometimes, you will surprise me and sleep an extra hour.
| Coloring is your favorite |
| Close second...is playing in the kitchen |
You are such a sweet boy, and it's definitely what we needed to glue our family together. With this new baby brother coming, I know you'll be a big help and a necessary companion.
For the record- you use training pants at night, because we are still not potty trained overnight (and you like to have milk right before bed) but you like to call it "diaper underwear" because you are too big for diapers...so you say. You grew up too fast kiddo. You gave up day diapers right after your 2nd birthday and haven't looked back since. I miss my tiny little Ethan. I look at you, and you're almost the same size as your older brother, who is 3 years older than you! You are super silly, and you don't even try, it's so easy to like you. Please don't change.
| you are really into suspenders right now. |
Love,
Your Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment