BOY....is anyone else bummed that winter didn't really come?! Allergies have been horrendous around here. Dominic's eczema has flared up tremendously, and Ethan has been battling a runny nose for months. I was too.....until I gave birth...all flu like symptoms went away after that.
 |
| Dom created our family in legos. Apparently, he's a greaser. |
Spencer was able to stay with us an extra week (for a total of two weeks) to help take care of all three kids. I was due to give birth on Wednesday and he was suppose to leave Sunday....so yeah, I'm glad he stayed longer, especially after that whole hospital ordeal. I am just not healing well. I sleep sitting up because getting up from a laying position to standing...is way too painful. I did it one time at home...and I seriously heard something like fabric being torn....so, I learned my lesson. Sometimes, I wonder if vaginal births are this painful. I took my hard core meds for the rest of February, but have decided to stop in March. Spencer thinks it makes baby sleep too much (he's drugged through my milk). So we'll see how that goes.

Spencer is doing house work stuff. He whitewashed the brick while I was gone, and spray painted the fireplace. Overall, he's trying to fix up the house to sell it. we're hoping to put it on the market by spring break. So that we can hopefully close by end of May...like the house we are purchasing in MO. But he insists some things need to be fixed up- he also needs to change the door to the garage and put up bifold doors in the closets. I need to retouch our master bath cabinets. Shouldn't take long...but wait...I have three kids by myself most of the month...huh....wonder when I'll have time to do that. We also need to deep clean the kitchen and baths to make sure we can make them look squeaky clean. It's a long list...haha
 |
| they were crazy while I was gone |
 |
| crazy kids |
Dom had a good Vday party. I was in charge of it, so of course he did. They had a great turnout of candy. His teacher was super nice and bought books for all 25 kids! that's insane. I had a hard time buying all the goody bag stuff for all the kids....I couldn't have imagined paying for 25 books. Maybe for the end of the year. He's working on writing. He likes to mix upper and lower case....and it bothers me so much haha. We're trying to either do all capital or all lower case....and trying to make them smaller so they actually fit in the lines the paper provides. I know it's going to take some time, but ugh it really does bother me. He's also getting ready to participate in a showcase during morning announcements for March....I'm excited to go see him. He also went to a children's museum as a filed trip and I was able to go. I figured it was my last time to really spent time with him.
 |
| bus ride |
Ethan had a good Vday party too. He got lots of candy too, but they also gave him a lot of erasers and bubbles. Parents tend to care more at the little preschool. Some of them even made their own Vday cards....I didn't have time for that SORRY! He's working on sight words. He loves to watch the preschool prep series DVD "sight words" and we have a sight word bingo game that I got at a garage sale a while back. He loves it. He loves to be able to recognize words. He also loves to pretend read. He loves carrying books around and pretends to read. He constantly asks me "how do you spell (word)"? And he pretends that he knows how to write words, but he's too little. He doesn't quite grab the pencil correctly....we'll get there though. NO rush. For now, I think I found him a similar program in MO and I think he'll like it.
 |
| WE got to go to library time one last time |
 |
| Vday party |
Valentines Day was lonely...Spencer was gone during that time and it was just me and the kids. They had their parties, so they were ok. He did manage to surprise me with flowers....I really was surprised. I can't wait to see him again. Next time he comes, it will be time to have the baby.


Baby Jacob is doing good. He eats a lot. I can barely keep up with his nutritional needs, so I do supplement formula, especially at night. At this point, I am so tired and so stressed that I really don't care. I did buy fenugreek pills and drink lots of water...but doesn't seem to be helping...then again, he's only like two and a half weeks old. Maybe I am still trying to build up my supply I dont' know. He's sleeping better thru the night (waking up every 2-3 hours) and I make him stay up after he gets up during the day for maybe an hour or so. I try to only nurse him, that way he doesn't get all filled up and hopefully stays up...and so far it has worked. He loves to hold his head up when you carry him and he loves to sleep. It's cute to see him try to wake up, he reminds me of Ethan. They take WAY too long to wake up. Still makes a lot of noise while he sleeps, but if your'e tired enough...you won't hear him haha. I'm still trying to make announcements for the little guy, so stay tuned for those. It's hard to do anything when it's you against three kiddos.
 |
| Ready to go to the hospital |
 |
| cutie |
February just slipped by for us, and now that I am not sleeping...I'm sure March will too. Spencer will be gone most of March (he'll probably only be home like 10 days- and not all together), so we're on survival mode at this point...well, mostly me.
 |
| I have to keep him busy ALL the time |
 |
The weather was fantastic...and it was a blessing
to let them run energy off when Spencer was gone. |
No comments:
Post a Comment