Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 7, 2018

End of March

Well....March flew by as well. Weirdly..it had more cold days than February. Spencer was gone for 11 days this time. He surprised us and came back just before Spring Break. I was so relieved. I am so sore and the 6 yr old is driving me crazy. Ethan is also no picking anything up, so I decided to just take the stuff away. So my closet is full of toys and board games no one picks up. The part that makes me angry....no one has even asked where all that stuff is. I think this is the part when you realize we just have too much. We may just get rid of it before we move.
Good weather to be outside

We met with a realtor to see what needs to be done in order to sell this house. The houses right now in our neighborhood are what they are calling "a desirable location and really well priced" . It's a starter home, which is appealing to a lot of young families AND it's been updated which will make it sell fast...so they say. I just know that the other two that were up for sale...went under contract within 5 days! So, we're hoping for the same thing....we figured we put it on the market next month and hope to close may or June and move into the MO house by the end of may (contract is pending on that one to close late May). But now, teachers are threatening to walk out starting April 2nd due to low pay and I"m hoping that does not make our school calendar year longer, because we need to get out of here at the end of May. So many variables here...I'm not liking it. But I'm trying not to worry about it, since there's not much I can control.

We have been clearing things out of the house, and buying plastic tubs in hope to move a heck of a lot faster. We've sold furniture and given away a lot of stuff. We're also hoping that the house will look less cluttered for the open houses and showings. Spencer wont' really be here the end of March...for now, he will only be gone for 7-8 days at a time...so I think it will be easier on us. My job is to get the house cleaned and packed away for now. I'm not sure how much I can lift (if I can lift at all) but we'll see. This month, I was able to really clean the bathrooms and tiles. I also got to put another coat on the master bath cabinets. Next month, we paint the bifold doors that Dad helped us get installed and deep clean the kitchen. Other than that...steam the carpets and we'll be ready to show the house.
A lot of sleeping gonig on....not by ME though


This month was a bit exciting because we had Nana and Bopi (Spencer's parents) come visit us for a bit. They just finished a mission in Vietnam and hope to settle down somewhere in Colorado. But in the meantime, they had a chance to tour the country and visit most of their kids. They arrived the week before Spring Break . I kind of felt bad because I still am so sore and really couldn't do a whole lot....and then Spencer only saw them for a day, before heading back to MO for work. But it was nice to see them and the kids play together. The kids love having company sleep over, and they love their grandparents. Nana was able to come with us and drop off kids at school, she helped with feeding baby Jake, and helped the kids run off some energy in the front AND backyard. Bopi helped Spencer install some bifold doors in the closets, all I need to do is paint them, but probably after spring break when the kids leave again. It was nice to catch up and talk about what their plans are.

Such nice weather!

Morning Announcements (rise and shine)

Getting ready to leave

So sad....
Since they were all grandparents here, we decided to bless baby Jacob on March 6th. It's just easier to bless all of our babies at home. We asked our bishopric to attend but we were told that it was not necessary as long as the dates and info were given to the clerk. I have to say, we have quite the progressive ward haha. I love it. I sure am going to miss this ward. So, we invited both sets of grandparents and we did it in 30 min and then we had cake...because we're always looking for an excuse to have cake.
Proud dad



sums up my life right now. Notice the difference between this picuture
and the one on the wall behind me.....SO DIFFERENT

After everyone left, Ethan had a St Patricks Day party and he had a blast. The little leprechauns left some gold (pennies) for the kiddos and they got huge sugar cookies....
He's not wearing glasses right now..probably for 2-3 weeks. He keeps saying he doesnt need them. So we went to the eye doctor and he prescribed him a lower RX. So, now we are a +3. We ordered new glasses (that he picked out...well, we had to compromise...he wanted yellow/purple frames. We settled for green). We hope he'll wear those, because they are not cheap.

Class Party

He refuses to wear glasses right now. He says he doesn't need them.

Finding Pennies


AT the end of the trail...gold coins

Spencer surprised us and came back two days early. He actually showed up Saturday at 10 am instead of Tuesday at 1pm. I can't even imagine what time he got up if he showed up at 10 am (its an 8 hr drive!). I'm sure he missed us. It's not cozy or familiar to sleep in someone else's house for 10 long days. I was SO happy to see him!! My 6 yr old is having such a hard time right now. I'm not sure if its the age, or the fact that the baby takes up most of my time. But he's having a hard time adjusting to all these changes- talks back, doesn't do anything he is told, and everything " is not fair" according to him. I find it hard to keep a cool head when he's whining all day long. I usually ignore him or go into my room. But after dinner time, mean mom comes out. I can't help it....he wears me out. I pray all the time to keep it together, so Spencer coming back earlier was a huge blessing. Now, dad gets to see how awful he's been haha. I hope he believe me now. He probably thought it was because I was sleep deprived.
Ethan adores older brother

Baby Jacob is the one that gives me the least amount of trouble. Although, he's not a very good sleeper at night...he's not worse than Dom was when he was a baby. He does stay up for a couple of hours sometime during the night which sucks....but I'm trying to keep him more awake during the day to see if we can minimize that. Either way, he still wakes up every 2-3 hours even with formula! And he turned one month old...but that's another post.
little old man



Trying tummy time another way....he hates it!



As we head into April, we have so many things to look forward to- great weather, my birthday, general conference, getting the house ready to sell, and giving away a lot of things...and watching baby Jacob grow!

No comments: