Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 7, 2018

One month old

Even thought Baby Jacob had a rough start (or he just knew how to make an entrance), he's doing quite well. He eats a lot. I can't keep up with my milk supply. I did try all that stuff from the last post- oatmeal, yeast, fenugreek, milk tea, flaxseed, gatorade....drinking LOTS of water. It did help, I probably get about an ounce and a half more per eating....so most of the day we go without formula...I try to reserve it for night time to see if he sleeps better. Either way, it's still not enough to pump extra and save it....oddly enough. I'm think he eats too much. He probably drinks about 4 oz or more every time. He went to the month checkup and he weighed in 8lbs 10oz...so he lost a bit of weight at 2 weeks (about half a pound) and has regained that and more this time around. He's super long...my longest at 2 2in. He's got his daddy's feet and hands....they're so long and big. But he looks so tiny still....he's got tiny ears too that are a bit folded....we'll see if they "unfold" as he gets used to being outside of the womb. It amazes me how crammed babies are in there. He definitely stretches all the time. I'm sure he loves being outside so he can stretch. He loves to look around and hardly makes noises. He's actually really awake and always quiet. When Dom plays he's so loud...and I can't hear anything else. So, sometimes I can't hear him crying, even though we live in 1900 sq ft. I may need to get a baby monitor. I'll definetly need one with a camera when we move. He's a super quiet cryer. Dominic, by far, has been my loudest kid. 




I'm looking forward to seeing him holding his head up and rolling half way, and smiling. He smiles a ton...just on purpose. I wonder what he's dreaming or thinking.

No comments: