Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 7, 2018

2 months

TWO WORDS.....BIG BABY

He is starting to smile, loves mommy, loves to eat, loves to be cuddled, and hates tummy time.
Went to his appointment to get shots and measured.....  he is a whopping beast!!
Not only did he gain back the small weight he lost last month... he almost doubled his birth weight!
He's just big all around, the doctor is not concerned. She says he was waiting to get out in order to stretch out and grow. HOLY COW...I don't know if I could have handled a 10 lb baby at birth....and even better, I'm glad they were all belly births. I  am not sure I could have handled pushing that out.
He's the one with the big head...out of all my kids. His head is massive. As well, as his long body and heaviest.
Doctors office

I'm starting to fear what it will be like to feed two giant babies, a husband...and Dominic. Dominic still eats very little. For lunch, he will have fruit snacks/cheeze its/raisins AND a small Hawaiian bread sandwich. And then he eats again when he comes home. I probably nurse Jacob every 45 min to an hour for the past 6 weeks, it's been awful. I can start to tell that he's gong a bit longer though. And he adjusted to night schedule just fine. He can go about 3 hours. So he wakes up at midnight, three, and then six, and then nine. He can stay awake for up to 3 hours at a time, but usually gives up around 90 min. He's so awake, and loves to watch Dom- he's his favorite. Dom has a big smile, that's probably why. He loves smiling at him. Dominic loves being his favorite. Ethan likes to make sure he's taken care of- as soon as he starts crying, he starts climbing the kitchen to find the bottle and feed him. Or he will tell me..."mama...baby Jacob is crying...go get him". 
The two that actually enjoy sleeping

He sure is loud though. Every time he sleeps, he makes all this grunting noises to try to go to bed. And when he wakes up to be fed, he does the same thing. Ethan did it too. They just grunted instead of crying to be fed. Then, he eats in like 10 minutes. I always heard stories about babies taking up to half an hour to feed on each side. Both of my last two kids, have never done that. As soon as they find it, they eat fast. I mean....FAST. Even today...Ethan eats so fast. He's like his dad. There's no time to talk- they only want to eat at the dinner table.
So, Jacob usually goes back to bed within 30 minutes and then I get another 3 hr nap.
big belly

I don't think I got postpartum depression this time around, but I think maybe I got the baby blues. Some days....I get really sad because I can't do what I want to do. ANd some days I get really sad because nothing fits. I'm sure everyone goes through it, but it seems I'm taking it way harder this time around. And because I'm so tired from not sleeping, and packing, and cleaning around here....I feel like I'm not really  exercising like I should. I'm just waiting for little Jacob to start eating solids, so I can try to get some of my life back. I think this time, I will wait longer like I did with Ethan- maybe at 5 or 6 months. I feel like 4 is too young. but we'll see. I also think, he's going to stop growing and maybe coast for a while. he's already wearing 3-6mo clothes...I mean geez. Newborn clothes barely fit him his first month, and now the 3 mo clothes are a bit tight. So, i'm hoping he wont grow for a while, and we can actually use the 3-6 mo clothes.
tummy time...he hates it


No comments: