Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 28, 2009

April 2009

This year has flown by so far. Its been great. I can't believe April is already almost over. That means that the semester is almost over. Actually, today I took my final exam and I have the while month of May off from school. I'm really excited about that. I recently started working the night shift up at the hospital (Friday and Saturday night, 7pm-7am). Its a really great expereince to be there and to learn about everything there. I've already learned and seen a lot that will be valuable to me in the future.

Leslie is doing awesome at her job. She has these files for every house that she has to "finish" and then she turns them in. For every file that is "complete" and has all the information, she gets a monetary incentive. She is doing really good and is starting to like it more now that shes found her "groove". She is thinking about taking some night classes at a local vocational school . She wants to learn to cook and wants to take some culinary arts classes. (I'm really excited...mmm...). That'd be really cool if she does that. We are also getting closer to buying a car. Leslie is choosing it because I already have my truck. She wants a small SUV, like a Kia Sportage, but is having trouble finding one that she likes for the right price. We want to get it in the next month or so.

Leslie had her birthday this month (April 2nd). She got some pretty good gifts and wasn't expecting them (thats the best part). Here are some pictures:




We opened presents at our apartment and then went over to Leslie's parents house for cake. It was really good.


This shelving unit was not part of Leslie's birthday but we have wanted it for a long time and so we went and got it. It looks a lot better than the one we used to have that was wabbly and really crowded with all my nursing books.


The other day was really nice weather and I came home from something and found Leslie sitting outside on our porch reading on the ground on a board that used to be a shelf from our old book case. I was like, this will not do. So we went and picked up these chairs and table at Lowe's and Target. We really like them. When its nice outside, we like to sit outside and just relax and talk. Its really nice, especially after a long day. Oh, and on the little table are Leslie's herbs she is growing. There is basil, oregano, parsely, and thyme.


We also picked up this wine glass rack. We obviously don't drink wine but we have had these glasses since we got married and they've been hidden in the cupboard forever. This is a really fancy way of displaying them and freeing up some room in the cupboard. The two cups in the middle we got from Mandy during this past New Years Eve in Saint Louis.




So I was coming home from school the other day and my truck wouldn't start. I knew it was the battery because we've had trouble with it before. So, I asked someone with jumper cables to help me out (I need to buy some myself, by the way). After we got the engine going I was relieved. I got in my truck and was about to drive off when the stereo shut off and all the dials (that measure oil, temp, and speed) turned off. It was like the car was turned off but the engine was still running. I was really reluctant to start driving because I had a feeling that the engine would also stop when I was in the middle of the road and that would be a huge pain. I said, Oh well, and went ahead and left on my way home. The truck almost stalled twice when I had to stop for the stoplights but I was able to pull into a Goodyear that is luckily right across from our apartment complex. I left the truck there and walked home. I went back and they had given me an oil change and this new battery. All for nearly the price of a Wii. Whatever. My truck works and thats tight.





4 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

WOW-WEEEEEE happy birthday Leslie!!!!!!!!! She got tons lol. Do i see a cricut???

Nathan said...

"There is basil, oregano, cilantro, and thyme." -- and weed? Mmm hmm. I know how you Okies roll.

By the way, it's cilantro in the picture, not parsley.

And I'll apologize for my SIL's poor English skills. She got a California education: Mandy meant cricket. Because everyone knows 'cricut' is NOT an English word.

LOL :)

Music City Coffeys said...

Nathan...it is cilantro...good call..but it also is a "circut" for doing scrapbooking. Its the name of a product, which doesn't have to be an offical English word.

Anonymous said...

You old dog spencer. Always spending the big bucks. haha. That is how us ballas (you and me) roll though. We make the ladies happy. I like your chairs. Me and ang were thinking about getting a benck BUTTTTT since i saw how your set looks like, Im getting the same one. haha.