We are getting ready and packing to go to Nashville...and when I say "we" I mean Dominic and I. Spencer has been working extra hard these months, working 4 twelve hour shifts at night. It's so hard for him to sleep in the afternoon and then head back out at night to work another 12hr shift. And because I feel so bad for him, I will pack for all of us for the upcoming trip.
I do appreciate what he does for our little "ohana". So, the least I can do is get us ready to go to Nashville for the weekend. We leave on thursday and come back sunday. He has an open house at Vanderbilt to attend. He will go and roam the campus and visit the Nurse Practicioner program that he is dying to get into. This one is extra special- they emphasize in cardiology. This is his life long dream and once he's done.....get a really good job in a field he enjoys....wherever life and destiny may take us.
As I am starting the packing list, I notice that Dominic needs a lot of crap. Since I do feed formula sometimes, I will need some water. Because I'm cheap, I will boil it and put it in a gallon container to take with me. I will have to pack a lot of clothes for him, since he always needs to be changed. I already have his pack of diapers ready with the wipes. We need snacks and things for the road as well as for the time we'll be there. I really don't want to go out everytime with Dominic to go eat. I love my kid, but he doesn't let me eat and he hates the car seat....making impossible for me to eat at the same time as everyone else. Somebody must hold him at all times. Ugh!
Oh goodness! I hope he can take the car ride to Nashville okay, because it's a 6 hour trip. Spencer always said that a baby should not interfere with our sense of adventure and travel....I however beg to differ. Dominic rules everything I do- from when do I go shopping to when I actually sleep and shower.
So, I will probably drive the entire trip as Spencer and Dominic sleep in the back of the Kia. Since Spencer will work the night before and get home on Thursday at 7am, we really have no choice and we have already booked the hotel for thursday night, so we kinda have to be there. So, its Leslie to the rescue.
I will take some microwave meals, and realized on the way...that our hotel room does not have a microwave. I called the hotel to verify this information and Stephanie at the front desk informed me that unless I upgrade to the king suite, I will not have a mini fridge nor microwave.
I came up with a brilliant solution: I will take our microwave....what are they gonna say..no? I clearly remember my parents doing this on an outing...however cannot remember which one...I want to say it was our Universal Orlando Trip at the Royal Pacific Resort. Nobody really said anything, so I'm hoping for the same here. I know it sound tacky, but I will need to heat some things for lunch and dinner (breakfast is provided) and since Spencer will leave for the open house, he will leave me no car....and that poses a problem. I had to get creative.
Here's to the next great adventure.....

No comments:
Post a Comment