Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 14, 2012

5 MONTHS and ANNIVERSARY

GOOD GRIEF! has it been 5 months already? DID I REALLY GIVE BIRTH 5 MONTHS AGO? my child is almost half a year old! I feel like time flew by, and at the same time, I'm stuck in time. About a year ago, I found out I was pregnant and 11 wks along. And here we are a year later, with a 5 month old.

Dominic is getting so big, he's still in the 90th percentile of length and 55th of weight. I'm not really sure how to read this- does this mean he should be chubbier? to balance out his length? These things confuse me, as long as the dr. says he's okay....he's good. She did say at the check up he is slightly catching up faster than average...I think she meant like the milestones that everyone checks up on. Well, good for him. I'm pretty sure how you develop today will not predict your future. Everyone develops different. One thing is for sure, I do expect him to talk a little later than normal, since he's learning 2 languages at once. And, we're also starting sign language and he seems to like it. He laughs at me anyways. He probably will not sign back for a couple of months though.
We'll see how he does with that. We've only done bath, sleep, diaper change, milk, and clothes.

NOW I know why people never remember what it was like to have a newborn....how can you??? you never sleep. You can't think straight, let alone try to sit and remember what the heck it was like. So, we're starting video journaling for Dominic and I"m starting to write in my journal again (In case, we might have another one...I would like to be prepared). But overall, good experiences. I was reading thru my pregnancy journal and was noticing that I was writting all the bad things that were happening to my body. Now, I had what I consider an easy pregnancy- never had any pain or nausea (aches I had at the last month- but who doesn't). Yet, all I wrote about was how big I was getting and how I hated that nothing fit like I wanted it anymore and my fear of never being skinny again. Spencer has been very supportive. I don't know what I would do without him. He helps me feel better about myself everyday...at least twice.

Now, in my journal I"m writting good things...what a change! I think it was the fact that I didn't really want a baby at that time...but now that he's here...you might as well look at the positive side. I mean, he's not that bad. He's healthy- he's got all limbs, two eyes, a nose and hair (well sort of). What more can I ask for?


We went to a neighborhood garage sale this weekend and got Dominic a booster seat for $3! cant beat that. It was complete, just needed a bit of cleaning...yellow and orange with a white tray. The similar ones are probably around $20 at walmart. I love the fact that it has no fabric, so easy to clean. It's bad enough I do a load of diapers a day. And if for some reason he happens to have an accident on the seat, I can just wipe it.
 I was dreading buying one because I kept thinking $20 and then we're gonna leave it here when we go to Nashville. I didn't want to spend that kind of money...but $3? heck yea. Needless to say, he loves it! He loves sitting at the table and looking at me eat...it's kinda creepy and even opens his mouth when I open my mouth to eat. He's ALWAYS hungry...I mean like "i'm eating 6oz every 3 hrs...so what?" eating. Ridiculous. He used to sleep 6-7 hrs about a month ago. That is no longer the case....the most he'll sleep is maybe 3 hours and momma doesn't get to sleep very well- cause it takes care about an hour to catch her sleep again and by then he starts to wiggle. We also got a free tv armoire someone was giving away. Luckily for us, it fit in the sportage...cause i'm pretty sure it would not have fit in the mini cooper.



Mother's Day was good. I specifically asked for nothing, and I sort of got it. Spencer decided to stay up with Dominic the day before Mother's Day....if that's not true love...I don't know what is. I actually slept for 7 hours...I"m not sure when was the last time that happened. It was funny to see him at church all dazed. I kept saying..."now you know what i feel like ALL THE TIME!".
The night before, he took me to cheesecake factory for dinner and we went putt putt. i actually made 2 holes-in-one and Spencer only made one. But he won the game by 2 pts. We were really celebrating our anniversary- since he works that weekend. And we bought tickets to see the Lion King at the Fox as our present. It's our second time, and we got seats pretty close to the stage, so we're excited. Last time we went, we got the VIP package, where you get a cap, a book and front row seats. But now, we're a bit farther back but still close. We wanna see if it looks better from this new angle. From the front row, you can't really see the stage floor and apparently there were things were going on there (and we missed it). This is the only way to get Spencer to the theater- by watching Disney characters. I would like to go see Le Mis...but Spencer will have none of it. I hear Aladdin is playing at the Muny this summer though...along with Dreamgirls. We'll see if he's up for it.


My first hole in one!

I can't believe it's been 5 years. I still feel like we're dating. I'm not gonna say it's been bliss...cause it hasn't. Marriage and/or dating is hard work, people, especially when you want to be completely honest and the other person doesn't want to hear what you have to say. We're so in sync and so comfortable around each other, we even use each other's toothbrushes and never close the bathroom door (is that TMI?)  And it's been good and so much fun. We did get a little frustrated 5 months ago. We just had such an awesome dynamic and when Dom came...it just wasn't the same. It was kinda sad. But no need to be depressed, it wasn't that bad. There are no coincidences in this life, and we love our baby. We have figured out how to revolve around him now. I can't believe how lucky I was to find such a goofy and awesome person like him. He literally is my other half. He completes me and I couldn't ask for anything better. I feel like we're the lost boys and we'll never grow up. So, I think Dominic will have it pretty good.

No comments: