So, a few days ago Spencer and I saw this show on the Animal Planet about mermaids and some bodies that were found. We thought it was fascinating. But apparently, it caused an uproar. I didn't realize people felt so strongly about how faked everything looked. It's so sad to see such closed minded people in the world...and it got me thinking....it's like the gospel....just because you can't see it does not mean it's not there. If you were to bear your testimony to me and I wasn't a member I don't know if I would take you seriously. My parents always told me to keep an open mind.
People do have to realize that most of the show was a REENACTMENT...and it said so from the beginning. But there was some truth to it. There have been spears found inside fishes before. And we HAVE found new species of whales in the last 10years. IF we have missed 30-40FT whales...isn't just POSSIBLE that there are other things out there??
The story was told from 2 scientists who started investigating why pods of whales were beaching themselves in the Washington area (and later all around the world). they described how these whales' ears were bleeding and they had never seen that before. When they examined the organs it showed blunt forced trauma...which is not normal...they didn't understand what could possible hit such big animals. Luckily for them, they were recording their sounds in the oceans and heard the big BOOM that is thought to have killed the animals. They also heard a new sound they had never heard before. Throughout their journey, they were excited because they thought they had found a new species of dolphin....or so they thought. Then a few years later in South Africa, the same thing happened and a shark was also found. Sometimes they clean the sharks stomachs to find what they have eaten and give that to marine biologists to examine (they just like to keep track of what the sharks eat in the area). In this instance, they found a body that was so decomposed they had no idea what it was. they ended up finding a big spleen (which is found in marine mammals and used as an oxygen tank), a pelvis, some skull fragments, and what looked like a manatee tail. Anyways, it's much better if you find the time to watch it, they tell it so much better.
After years of research, they found that this was all one animal- a marine mammal of some sort, and the CT scan confirmed that the pelvis was very similar to the human pelvis. During all this there was an anonymous person (he had worked for the navy) that testified that the navy had been working on a sonar weapon and they have admitted that recently and they did find a body with the whales back in Washington and they tried to keep it alive....however it did not survive.
At the end, after all their hard work, the government took all the research stuff away, so the only thing they had was their testimony of what happened. The only thing they let them keep was the results of the DNA sample that they had processed that revealed that the dna had been contaminated with human dna. But this is all the proof the researchers needed. They know it was not contaminated...so whatever it was, did share some human dna. and that's how it ends.
Pretty lame huh? I'm sure this is where people started questioning....and getting upset about something that was faked. Think what you want. I guess it's like the whole area 51 and aliens and the government keeping them as well. I just think it's a little bit ignorant to think that the whole world has been discovered and that's that. I do think there's things out there that we have not discovered- like the new species of whale....I mean...couldn't it be POSSIBLE to think that MAYBE there are other things out there??? how cool would that be?? NOW, i don't think we have ariel and triton swimming in atlantis down there. But it would make sense that somewhere down the evolutionary tree, branches split and other things ...humanoids.... formed. I mean..look at the polar and grizzly bear...grizzly is all land....and the polar bear has become and is becoming more aquatic than ever. Whether we choose to acknowledge it or not, the polar bear is changing before our eyes...it's evolution. I think this was the whole point of the show.
When I was in college and took a genetics class, we had to go to a conference that dealt with the genome project. Researchers had discovered that all humans were 99.99% alike in genetic makeup....and look how different we all are!
So to conclude....open your mind a bit. It would be pretty cool to find a mermaid like creature someday. And with all the technology that keeps improving, I'm sure someday we'll be able to deep dive into the dark ocean and other parts of the world and see what we've been missing. It would also be cool to see aliens someday...not just flying saucers. I don't know why people are so afraid of these things. Either way, everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. But if I don't contradict your arguments (even when I think they're dumb and don't tell you), I please ask that you don't contradict mine get defensive about it. Just keep an open mind.
The show will air again on Animal Planet June 17.

No comments:
Post a Comment