Oh...it's going by fast...I'm so glad summer is here! Spencer loves the pool...he swears he's a mermaid..I mean...merman. He thinks his son is too. So we went off to prove his theory.
This past weekend the sun hardly came out even though it was hot, and therefore the pool didn't heat it up very much. I refuse to go in the pool unless my baby fat comes off (which will be never at the rate i'm going...). So I just lay out and tan....my legs and arms...haha. Spencer dives right in and comes right out cause he says its too cold. At this point I'm thinking " maybe this isn't such a good idea" ESPECIALLY when Spencer says "trust me" at the end of every sentence.
So, he put Dominic in and lo and behold, the little guy started splashing at the water....he was a little upset at first. I think Spencer submerged him too fast. But that only lasted like 5 seconds....he started splashing and trying to drink the water. It was too cute and kinda neat to see that even though he's almost 6mo old he MAY still remember what it was like in the womb...(remember how they say that babies are born swimmers coming out of the womb?). He didn't have a floatie, which is worrisome, but we'll get one eventually. Actually, I think if he had one, it would give Spencer a false sense of security and leave Dom alone in the pool. But honestly, those things tip over all the time. I tipped over when I was little....I think that's how my fear of water came about. Seriously, even baths I dread....quick showers I can do. ( I don't want you to think I don't ever shower!)
Here's some pics of the main event....
I know what your thinking...what are those things on his feet??? they're swimming booties..I bought them for later in the year when we go to the beach and thought this was a great opportunity to use them. Spencer laughed at me and thought I was nuts. Therefore, they came off. But I think their dashing! they don't really go with his outfit...but the threading on them is green....so I don't know. That's the beauty of baby boys...they don't have to match. The shirt came from BabyGap and it's adorable but couldn't find the matching bottom (so he doesn't have one yet). And it's suppose to be for 6mo old, but as you can see, it's actually quite big on him. so sad.
YES that is a cloth diaper on the little man...we don't have swimming diapers for him yet. And he had already gone #2 in the AM and we had just changed his diaper so we thought...why not? I mean 1 in 5 people already pee in the pool...if it happens it happens...that's what the chlorine is for.
This one is better...you can see the water is pretty cold by Spencer's expression. Again, I know the hat doesn't match...but the lettering on the hat does (it says: I was born at SSM St Joseph health center, it was given to him by the hospital when he was born but it was too big for his tiny head, just now it's starting to fit him, and he hates it. He kept pulling at it .it's hard to find matching outfit for boys.
First time touching the water. Like I said, he's a natural. So glad he took after Spencer and not me. Hopefully he'll like going to the pool and beach in the future years...and this can become a father and son thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment