Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 22, 2012

7 Months

So, little Dominic has turn the 7th month mark. It's so hard to imagine that I gave birth to this mini-spencer that long ago. I look at the video and don't even think its me...and then I look in the mirror and say..."yep...he came from this"...(as all post baby women know...ur body will never be the same...sad story).
Dominic loves to climb things- OMG...does he ever! I went potty one time and when I came back he had climb the swing and was trying to lick the top (that's where the buttons where). Also, has tried to climb the bookcase, the barstools, the chairs....I am not really sure what's going on in his little head, but he's definitely fearless...maybe it's the lack of what is going on in his head....haha.
He has also figured out how to crawl all over the house so I gotta make sure certain doors are closed- like the restroom and our room (which has a lot of cables lying around). He has also figured out that Spencer's clubs are in his room's closet. He's always banging on the door cause he knows they're there.
He also has his own soundtrack to things....like when he crawls...he has this noise...and then when he accomplishes something (like touching the top of the barstool) he has his own yell. It's like living with an ape!! I do feel like a researcher....taking pics and video of his every move...who knows? It might just be the only one we have. I gotta make sure its documented. And then again...you want to remember things the way they were....and then I can show him later how goofy he was.
He still does not sleep very well. the whole letting him cry-it-out-now thing stopped shortly after I posted about it. I still do it now and then when I can't deal with him. I feel bad but I reach my limit at getting up 3 times a night....everything afterwards he needs to deal with. As long as the diaper has been changed, he's fed and not hot....and music is playing...we're good to leave the room. It usually only last 15-30 min. I usually put on my headphones and blast out to music. But to his defense he sleeps from 7pm-10pm, then struggles until about midnight, and then 12am-8am. Otherwise, he gets up every four hours...he didn't even do that as a newborn, so I don't know...maybe he's too excited to go to sleep. He only sleeps the minimum amount of hours though...I mean he's good with 6hrs.

Then in the morning, he likes to bang on the wall to make sure people will come in to check on him...it's quite annoying. And if he was naked (with a diaper) during bedtime...the diaper usually comes off sometime after he wakes up. He obviously has figured out how to take it off....little booger. He loves being completely naked...I don't know if that's a boy thing...or a baby thing. I mean I try to keep it simple....a onesie and a diaper. Most of the time, it's just a diaper. Again...I think it's the challenge....he finally figured it out...maybe he'll stop doing it.
He definitely loves Spencer more than me. When he walks in, his face lights up. I think he just gets tired of spending time with me all day long...I mean, I get tired of me too. He only smiles at me when I feed him...typical male.
He has experienced sitting on the shopping cart by himself and a high chair. By the way...he doesn't like it. He hates being tied down. But I think that's natural for babies that already move....they got places to be right?

                                                                   Sunday Best
                          First time in a high chair. He looked like he was having a good time..right?
First time in a shopping cart. I had to buy a cover, cause he won't sit still or down- needed the extra protection.
This is the time I found him standing on the seat of the swing trying to lick the buttons on the top. I obviously was too late...and he fell....he was fine though.
I thought he would do it again....but he figured out that he could reach the buttons without actually getting on the seat....what a booger. Fast learner...this one is.


I bought this at a consignment sale and thought it was too cute to pass up. He loved it right away. I like the way his feet actually reach the ground. Hopefully he can push himself soon. And this thing goes from a car to a walker...so when he's ready to let go for sure...he can use this. EVERYTIME I pull the camera...he smiles....(he was also watching Spongebob in the background..that makes him happy).

No comments: