So, Spencer and I have come to the conclusion that we must have a super active baby. I am actually debating the ADHD route, except for the fact that he sleeps okay now. Just last night, the little booger slept from 10pm all the way to 8am! HOW??? I have no idea. I think he's finally getting the hang of it maybe...and now that I've said that he will probably go back to where he was. This whole week though, he's been good, only waking up once during the night. But once he opens his eyes, he TAKES OFF!!! It's almost like he just realized he fell asleep and that was wrong and needs to make up for lost time. He also has no teeth...that's right folks... the toothless wonder!
We have an Ipod App that lets you track your baby's progress (webmd baby for anyone out there willing to look for it). It's really neat. So based on that, on week 25 he started to try getting on all fours. On week 26, he finally rolled over. Now, week 30, he has not only learned to roll over, he has also learn to fully crawl, stand, and has even started to let go of whatever it is thats supporting him (like chairs or the couch...he'll turn around and let go). IS THAT WEIRD??? Can anybody tell me if this is normal? It seems too fast for me. I' m not ready for this- the house is not babyproofed at all. I just had Spencer nail the small bookcase to the wall, because I have seen Dominic leaning on it, and I'm afraid it will fall on him. I also spent half of the day twisting all the cables behid the tv, because Dominic knows now where they are and likes to pull and chew on them. That only took me like 2 hours! (too long....too long). I also had to put the tv cable under the carpet because he likes to chew that too and the cable insert is too far from the tv and therefore was just "there" for the past couple of months. I have hidden the paper shredder and the printer because the loose cords were too tempting. I see him go for the outlets all the time, but don't have the plugs for those yet. He also likes to pull on the blinds and chew on them (the windows sit too low and it's so easy for him to reach them). He sure loves shoelaces too! I always find him chewing on Spencer's work shoes (I know...it grosses me out too...I mean...he's a nurse...who knows what he steps on). And he also likes flip flops. So, basically, my child has a shoe fetish.
(I'm sure if he really wanted to, he could reach the top of the table)
He will only watch Spongebob and Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse with me, everything else he doesn't watch. He is starting to not like his jumper (probably because he's mobile now). He loves the ab rocket though! I took it out for me, but I think he enjoys it more. He likes the fact that it's all foam and he can chew on it and I dont' yell at him. He follow me EVERYWHERE...even the restroom. I think that's cute...the whole duckling thing. He does not like being alone. Once he's accomplished something...like standing up...he lets out a YELL or some weird noise...I think he's trying to claim his territory....that or he likes to have his own soundtrack. Spencer always jokes about how he wants Dominic to walk by the time of his birthday...and I fear...he might actually be right.
I gotta go...cause Dom is pulling at my toes....until next time!

2 comments:
NORMAL NORMAL NORMAL! although he does sound more active than a normal 7 month old, his progression of mobility is normal. My niece is a week older than Dom and is taking steps away from the couch and is over the whole jumper thing too. Do you have one of the baby walkers? (http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Sounds-Lights-Discovery/dp/B003HC8622/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341684369&sr=8-3&keywords=baby+walker)
Try that! Adi (my niece) LOVES her independence in that. She too loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Little Einsteins. Her and Jolene watch Little Einsteins together and just laugh and laugh.
Don't they grow up SO fast? I feel like i missed a lot of the milestones with Jo because I was working. I don't remember when she started crawling, or sitting up, or rolling over unless I go back and read her baby book to refresh my memory. Sad huh?
I totally did not know you had posted a comment. Good to know other kiddos are doing the same. HE is a boy though, so I was expecting more activity but not this much! You know, I have noticed that he does his milestones progression in the morning (before lunchtime). Maybe that's why its kinda hard for you to remember Jo's. But it's awesome that you kept a baby book. I forget to write in it all the time. I had to finally write in my journal to remember things. it's crazy how fast you forget!!! I think it's God's way of saying " if you forget, you'll have another one"...haha
Post a Comment