Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 27, 2012

Back to Normal...sort of

So, FINALLY after 8 months of house arrest...I can finally say...that it's okay to step back into the kitchen. For the first 6 months we ate frozen foods...not gonna lie....I'm glad my mom was here for a month pre-baby and made homemade frozen food because 6 months of store bought stuff woulda killed me. After those 6 months, I would make quick stuff like pasta...you know? 3 ingredients or less.
FINALLY, since Dom will not leave the kitchen, it must be that it's time to get back in there again. He sure loves the food network...he obviously has good taste. Then again....he likes to watch Jersey Shore...so I question his judgement sometimes. He also loves music videos and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Anyways...so I'm not a casserole person...at all. I don't get it. so you cook everything separately then combine and stick in the oven? It seems more work and more dirty dishes. Why not just combine it and just keep it on the top of the stove? I grew up in a place where that is not common at all, and therfore doesn't make sense to me. My mom recently has been giving me mexican recipes that I kinda want to try like Mole, homemade tortillas, and other....but honestly, Spencer is not a fan of mole or enchiladas (the mexican enchiladas...is NOTHING similar to the ones sold here in the states- there's no meat in them).Tortillas? sure, they sound like fun...but honeslty you need a gas stove,and flour tortillas are not the healthiest.
I'm thinking about starting a food blog...I know it's kinda silly. But for like true mexican recipes? would anyone care? Now, that Dom is actually starting to eat real food..maybe he'll like the stuff I like. I really hope he does- after all it's half his heritage. I'm also hoping he's one of those kids that eats chili powder and puts salt in his lime before he sucks on it. (that's a mexican thing...I guess we were too poor for Hershey's chocolate). I'm already stocked up on mexican hot chocolate, since he'll be 1 by then, he'll be allowed to have all of that milky goodness. My parents are planning on coming, and will bring some more mexican goodies for him....I'm sure that includes steak. You're not part of the family if you don't eat steak. I think my family is the only one that will grill steak even when there is snow outside. Spencer converted to steak shortly after we got married...he has no idea what he saw in chicken..he says.
I know Dominic is only 8.5months, but I'm too excited for this. He's finally walking..assisted. He picked up the car and started walking about a week ago, but I can never get him on camera, he won't let me. He's so independent. I remember when he came home from the hospital he would lift his head and try to get out of the car seat- since I had nothing to compare him to, I just thought it was normal. My mom insists it is  not. But I've never had anybody tell me otherwise. I guess Dom has always wanted to be independent. It's funny how your personality is set from  day 1, it's just hard for us to see it. Anyways, here's some pics:

No comments: