So, this weekend was a HUGE consignment sale at the St Charles Convention Center- this is the one where I pretty much bought everything for Dom last year. I seriously only spent like $90 but got $300 worth of stuff. Everything is really inspected- they don't have raggetty clothes, or sun bleached backyard items. They try to tell people to wash and clean everything before it goes on sale.
This time, I was not really looking for anything..so I didn't get very much. My mom usually provides Dom's clothes...so I have no need for them. I did look at some toys, but didn't really find anything age appropriate and quite honestly, Dom would rather play with pots and pans.
I did come across a big bag of duckies for the bath tub for like $5 and I had to get them. I also found a faucet cover. I think we're gonna transition Dom back in to the tub...but the big one this time (I just need to get those tub threaders so he doesn't slip everywhere). Some duckies even have the temperature thing so when you put them in the tub, they let you know if the tub water is too hot. The sink picture does not do them justice. They're quite big.
Dom was SOOO Excited!He played with them for a while. Right now, they are in the basket of toys, but eventually transition into the tub. OH you know what else I need??? those toy organizers for the tub. Gotta put that on the list.
Recently, Spencer and I were talking about how lucky we were to live around family. As we looked around our apartment and reminiscing about old times, we were remembering how empty our apartment looked for about a year, because we didn't want to buy furniture. Eventually, a couple of years later, all kinds of family offered us furniture. We are so grateful that family was so kind to us. They could have sold the furniture, but instead, chose to five it to us. For the most part, everything matches....and what didn't...we painted to match the rest. Spencer got all "handy manny" on me and even redid some furniture by sanding out for us and painting it the same color as the rest.
Mom Coffey's work recently got rid of their daycare cribs and I went to pick one up. I am not sure if I will use it as a crib, but maybe I can make it into a toddler bed or even a desk...like in pinterest. It has a drawer on the bottom, so that is really convinient...if it becomes a bed.
Also, I have recently found a yahoo group in St Charles where people like to give away free stuff...recycling stuff if you will. Everything works. You would not believe what people are willing to get rid of. Just yesterday, I picked up two big boxes of kids books for Dominic...all free of charge- I just had to go pick them up. I am not sure if I will keep all of them, but if I don't, I will definetly give them to someone who will use them for sure. I have also received baby food items (not opened), including formula. A nice lady gave me her formula single-serve packets that she no longer wanted, and these will come in handy when we go to Pensacola soon.
People also give furniture away, so I recently got a tv cabinet to make Dom a diaper station. This is where his stereo is, so he can listen to some instrumental music at night .The top also holds the diapers, and the wipe warmer, along with his piggy bank , and at at the bottom it has two doors, and that's where we are keeping all the books we got.
How lucky are we to live in a city that does this? I am not sure if any other places do this, but will definetely check into this when we go to Nashville.

No comments:
Post a Comment