IT'S OFFICIAL!!: We're moving to Tennessee in July. I am kind of sad about it, but I know it's for the best. My husband really wants to get his Masters in Acute Nurse Practicioner (with emphasis in Cardiology) and Vanderbilt is offering what he is looking for. School is only 12 months, so maybe it will go by fast. I don't know ANYBODY on that side of the country....so it'll definitely be an adventure!
We have already started looking at apartments and already ran into an issue-go figure. A lot of apartments in the area demand that you have some kind of income (or otherwise get a cosigner). The whole point of us SAVING all this time, was so we could actually pay rent (without loan help) and have proof of that when it came to finding an apartment. It kind of makes me angry, when they reallly don't care how much savings you have, YOU have to HAVE INCOME. I think that is bogus! And then, they have the nerves to tell you to google "student apartments", because you are not a good fit for them. So, I google what they told me and their APARTMENTS show up! AAARRRGHHH. I really wanted to call her and give her a piece of my mind....and not nicely. So, we'll have to travel to TN soon in order to guarantee an apartment by end of june/early July and have this whole income thing situated and done with. We did find an aparment willing to work with us, but it's farther away than what we wanted....but it backs up into a lake...it even has trails between the complex and the lake. The hubs already fell in love with it, but the whole point of living close to school was so he would avoid all the traffic and not spend a lot of time driving back and forth, especially if he had night classes or night labs or something. On the upside, Nashville seems kind of cool- they have a really big farmers market, and there's the whole grand ole opry and apparently a lot of country superstars walk downtown all the time....gotta tell you the truth- I'm not a country fan AT ALL...so even if they do, I would probably not recognize them...unless it was like Taylor Swift or something like that.
And today, is Dom's 15 month mark. He just stretched a bit...I can see his 12mo pants are a bit of a high waters right now. It's sad to think that he still wears 12mo old clothes comfortably....he's too small. He got a bit sick a while back and had a hard time eating. So, I think he actually lost weight, so just now he's starting to get back on that. And consequently....grew a few inches. My mom always says that babies stretch after they get sick- but she never told me why- but I guess she was right. Oh the wisdom of mommies. I hope someday to have as much as my mommy.
Dom has learned all about switches- light switches, toy switches and so forth. He loves turning the toys on and off....like 6 times in a row. I like it because I no longer have to do it for him. It's great to see him be independent and WANT to do things himself. I usually let him get stuck and let him figure it out for a couple of minutes before I step in. He also loves to catch frisbees- Daddy will take him to the park and throw the disc and he will go chase it....like he can actually run that fast. Then he tries to get to it, but gets tired halway and stops to sit, because daddy throws it too dang far. I should really videotape that.
He still loves to read- I bought him a Mickey noise book and he loves pushing the buttons on that thing. AND he loves to throw things- good thing almost everything is made of foam. I remember thinking, "Oh Dom really needs some of those cute wooden blocks" and several people telling me "don't buy wood....boys will throw those..." I ended up buying foam ones, even though they were not as cute. AND I'M GLAD I DID- cause just the other day I saw him throw a couple at the window (and my head)! He also loves to jump off the couch. He's too much of a daredevil. I try to look away....I get so nervous.
He's a good eater- he'll eat celery, potatoes, carrots, cooked onions, lemons, rice, wheat bread. He's funny- the other day I gave him a piece of cake and he actually threw it on the ground. What kind of kid doesn't like cake??? Weirdo...he's trying to tell me we need to eat healthier....good boy. Honestly- I don't know if I can get any healthier, I eat flax wraps and cheerios! what more does he want?? I can't just eat fruits and veggies...I'm not a cow.



No comments:
Post a Comment