Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 5, 2013

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

For my bithday, the hubs surprised me and told me we would drive down to OK to see my parents. We decided to leave at 2am in order to make it by 9am and surprise them...hehe. We've never done that before...driving in darkness, but we thought it might help the baby sleep. Our little one cannot sit still for the life of him, so I hated the thought of him sitting there for 8hrs with nothing to do.

(Baby at 2am)
The drive was not bad, baby didn't really sleep like we thought he would. The car was packed due to several items my mom was going to store for me for a bit, so most of the stuff didn't come back.
So, we arrived at 9am...and rang the doorbell several times to wake them up. My dad later confessed he didn't want to get up because he really thought it was the girl scouts selling their cookies. BUT OH! the surprise to see their only grandchild thru the little peephole. They were so excited that they took us out to eat some mexican tacos. I can't remember what we ate for dinner- probably steak...haha. My parents LOVE their grill...they use it more than they use the stove- rain or shine. Either way, My mommy makes good food...we ate it all. I probably gained a pound a day...for sho.
 
He loved playing with his Guelito's toys....
We found one he could actually play with.
"helping" Guelito with his work emails.
He really enjoys looking at the tv like that. For the life of me, I could not get him to sit down. I thought having a bigger tv will get him to actually sit and enjoy the show.
Guelita had to get the secret weapon out. But then he started scraping it across the nice wood floor....so it was taken away. They had forgotten what it was like to have tiny ones at home.
 
My family does not celebrate Easter. We ponder about Jesus and the Resurection, but that's about it. We don't really care for the eggs and the chocolate and the bunny that delivers them. However, my brother decided to buy some eggs for Dom to find. I guess he felt bad that he wouldn't really have an easter like the rest of America. So, early morning he hid the eggs and Dom raced to find them- he was pretty good, and loved every second of attention he received.
The basket belonged to his Daddy- it's an heirloom.
 
  One day, the hubs and I drove around town while Guelita was left in charge of the baby while he napped. We drove and took pictures of our first apartments and the college we attended. We loved remembering about how we started our life together. We drove around campus and took pics of the nursing building. I can't believe this was almost three years ago! Spencer would ride his bike to campus while I worked an 8-5 job, so he wouldn't have to. We were not sure if we were ever coming back and we realized that we had no picture of such things. I only had the IPOD with me, so I got to get those pictures out sometime. The high school I attended is so different now- so big, they  now have a freshman academy (to separate them from the rest of the grades- except for electives- easier transition, they say). They now have gates that don't allow anyone in. Our first apartmet was still there, I had forgotten how "humble" it looked. We're living the good life now...I guess. It's so nostalgic to come back.
 
On my birthday we went to eat some pizza for lunch and had cake after that. It was so yummy. The hubs knows how to pick them! And I had a couple of presents to open. It's so weird...getting older. You don't even care if you get presents anymore..there's no IT thing that I want or need. So, everything I received was lovely. The husband decided to get me a camera. The former one fell in the snow and got banged up several times while I was cleaning a snow path in March- when we received about 13inches of snow- it was horrible! I need to find those pics and post them. Anyways, the camera didn't quite survive. But he did his research and bought me a real nice one. Its got way more zoom and possible 3D taking capabilities. Same brand- he's smart, he knows I'm loyal to the same camera brand after all this time. He did good.
 
For dinner, my parents found some mini-sodas that Dom could have- cafeine free. So far, he's only had one. I can't handle so much energy....haha. Either way, he loved the cute little bottles.
The next two days was awfully rainy, so we didn't really go out. We decided to stay home and spend it with family. I started unloading all the "storage items" and organizing their garage. And I found this:
I can't believe it's still so white. I was expecting it to be yellow. It was so clean too. I had totally forgotten how heavy and uncomfortable that thing was. Maybe we can renew our vows at the 10 yr mark and I"ll wear the same thing. Dom can be the ring bearer..haha
 It was sad to say goodbye and leave. But it makes the time that much sweeter. Sometimes, you don't really appreciate what you have until it's not there all the time. This time though, we left at 9am to see if Dom would be okay with daytime driving.
This is pretty much what he did when he wasn't taking 30min naps. We only stopped twice- once for lunch at noon, and the second time to get gas and change drivers. The hubs was way tired. But baby did really well. I actually think he did better in the day than the night driving- possible because there were more things to do. He alternated between his mini laptop to puzzles to figurines, to books. He did it all, and almost no whining. I'm so proud of him. Maybe the move to Nashville will not be as bad as we think.

                                                     

                            

No comments: