Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was quite different this year. The only thing I remember from last year was that Dom didn't sleep very well and Daddy volunteered to stay with him that night (since he didn't work the next day). I just remember feeling well rested. THIS YEAR....my baby, which he no longer is- a baby, has grown up what seems like ten fold. My baby, no longer has bottles, no longer wakes up at night, no longer needs mommy to take him outside or in/out of the car, no longer needs her to open/close things for him, is almost all grown up. Well, not really...but I feel like I'm on the fast track here. I look at 9 month olds at church and think..."they don't do anything...IT'S AWESOME!"....and at the same time think of my baby starting to walk....and run from me during his 9 month mark. My baby is just in a hurry to grow up....but no need to cry....cause even if he grows up, he's stuck with me for another 17 years...SUCKA.
 
This year, my husband decided to celebrate me on May 10th- that's Mother's Day in Mexico. I guess he finally noticed all the hard work I have been doing. He took us out to a fancy dinner (and I even got dessert!) and he bought me an orchid plant. I really don't like it when he gives me flowers that have been cut....mainly because they die...and that makes me sad. I'd rather get a plant and that way I can water it and hopefully outlive me....never happens...but the possibility is there. Having cut flowers is a like a death sentence to them. And I love orchids and calla lilies- they're so tall, and tiny and occupy no room at all. Anyways, it was a lot nicer than last year. I was well rested, got to enjoy my food, get to enjoy my plant, and go to go to church for a nice mother's day service.

Our moms received gifts too. My mom (being far away) got a card I made and a card baby made (with my help). He loves scrapbooking.....or eating the stamp pads...not sure.
It's really nice to start getting back to crafts. I seriously don't know what I did last year- it's all a blur. I can only remember what I blogged and wrote in my journal. I really enjoyed making the cards for the moms.
Baby did this one. I think he did a good job. It's in Spanish, so he can embrace his heritage (Cricut has a cartridge in Spanish...go figure).
 
Local Mom (Coffey) got some nice daisies. Daddy picked them out and I think he did a grand job. All I kept thinking about was "they popped out of the snow....like DAISIES." (anyone?? it's from Mulan.)
I hope everyone had an awesome Mother's Day, because after all, without us, the world would fall apart. There's a saying in Spanish "madre...solo hay una" and it means "mother...there's only one." And how true that is- you will never find anyone else to change your diaper, clean your poopy clothes, wash you every day, feed you EVERY DAY, clean your bathroom and clean the poop you left on the wall, come to all your games and be your #1 cheerleader, give you  money so you can take your GIRLFRIEND on a date...I could go on and on.
So, appreciate your mothers. I came to appreciate mine too late, and I regret it. While she did EVERYTHING for us while growing up, we did nothing. And now, that I am a mother and have to do EVERYTHING...it sucks! haha...but it's worth it.
 
 

No comments: