Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 13, 2013

I'm a big kid now

Dom has recently gone through a  growth spurt and has left his crib behind. He seriously grew like 5 inches, in what feels like, overnight. We have a mini crib, so it's a bit smaller than a regular size crib. I liked it because it was smaller and it makes the room look bigger..haha. Originally, I only wanted to use a pack and play until baby was big enough to get a twin size bed. But Mom Coffey gave me this crib because her work was getting rid of them, so I thought "sure, why not?". Honestly, I had no idea mini cribs existed until she offered it to me.

Anyways, back to the story, so Dom has outgrown the crib. This is how he's been sleeping the past couple of weeks:
At least I know he likes to share....his bed.

Well, Mickey and Pooh had an awesome nap I'm sure

Every time I would find him like this, I would put him in the crib, but it didn't matter, he always came back down. I think he felt like he was running out of room. I felt so bad...that I came up with this:

Small pad on the floor

I tried moving the crib mattress on the floor, and letting him sleep there. It only ended up with him putting it back in the crib, and him on the floor. So, then I decided to put a bunch of blankets and create a "nap time" area. This also worked for night time sleep. He, more or less, stayed on it for most of the night. But I still felt bad that he was sleeping on the floor...like a dog.
So, we went mattress shopping. Well, first we bought some sheets and a mattress cover, cause this mattress needs to last us for a while. Once that was done, we went ahead and bought the mattress.



Taking it apart was tricky. I had to tape the screws in the appropriate places,
so I can remember how to put it back up later in life....just in case.
 

All gone...and more room!


New digs! Dom picked out the sheets...CARS! (are you surprised?)
 I asked him to pick between cars and spongebob....traitor.
And this is how Dom sleeps nowadays:
 
And where did the crib go??
 
It's filling up the other side of his closet. I think it's so odd, seeing the crib put away, that I no longer have a baby. I've kinda been saying that in my head for a while, but NOW....it's for reals. there is no crib in the room anymore to remind of me of a baby anymore. I feel like I need to switch up the pooh stickers, to something a little more "kid" and not "baby". But at the same time, I kinda want to keep them up to remind me that he once was a baby....and not always the crazy kid I take care of every day. WEIRD...is this how people think when they think about having another baby? Hey...don't get any ideas now...

No comments: