I seriously cannot believe my baby....MY BABY...is almost two. I'm not gonna lie....I'm getting tired of people asking me when the next baby is coming (RELAX PEOPLE). Is there a time limit on these things or something? Do I look old to you? Is my clock ticking? Sheesh....let me enjoy this one first...
Dom has turned into a gymnast these past couple of months- he's so fearless. He manages to get to the top of the couch (where you rest your head) and likes to jump down into the seat and then jump down to the floor and roll....unique strategy he's got- all within a second. His daddy encourages this kind of behavior, which I do not appreciate. He also likes to play with light switches. How can he reach them you say? He figured out that putting his car in front of the switch, he can reach it. He actually was on top of the car's yellow handlebar, but then he figured he was tall enough to just stand on the seat. I attended Sunday conference at church while they boys stayed home and upon coming home....Dom was doing this. I freaked out and Spencer thought it was the funniest thing ever. Why can't my child just sit there like a normal kid? I see kids at church be so nice and sit most of the time. Not my child- we're lucky if we can get past sacrament without a whine or a scream. As long as he's being fed, he's cool.
 |
| a pretty smart cookie |
Oh the screams! Tantrums are in now apparently. The terrible twos came early folks. When he does not get his way, especially when it comes to the iPad, he throws the biggest fits around. I have never seen anything like this from him. So, we only take it out for an hour a day. Otherwise, he would play with it all day. I refuse to raise a child that stays inside all day playing games. I gotta admit, it's really funny to see him complete 4 pieced puzzles on the device, but not in real life...what's that about? So when he throws a fit, we have started to ignore them, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But either way, he does not get what he wants...and so far he's been ok. Usually, he forgets about the ordeal if I show him some spongebob or we play with his letters and numbers.
He recognizes the letter O and numbers 1,2, and 3. Every time he sees them he lets me know- cash registers when we go grocery shopping, the bank, the library, and such things. He's so smart- even though he refuses to say their names, he knows the difference between them. I'll ask him "where's number three (his favorite)? And he'll point to it every time. I have noticed that he enjoys numbers more than letters....I"m not sure how that will play out in his future. Maybe he"ll be an engineer, or an astronaut...if the government ever opens NASA again.
 |
| He found a car in a garage sale, but couldn't reach the pedal. We left it there, but he whined all the way home. |
Recently, our apartment complex had a movie night last Friday, and we got to watch Napoleon Dynamite. It wasn't Dom's favorite, but it was cool to actually sit together, all 3 of us, and watch a movie. They even gave us popcorn and tater tots (get it? Napoleon and tater tots?)
 |
| Right before show time. |
 |
| Lost interest in the movie real quick. |
Despite the hard and annoying times, this IS my favorite age. I am glad he's an only child, because otherwise, I feel like I would have missed so much due to competing attention (NOTE: I don't think ANY less of moms that have more kids). This is great. I love our interactions- play time, tickle time, pretend time, car time, counting time, conversation time, shopping time (most of the time, I make him walk- no cart). it's awesome. So many different things that are interesting to him, and I can afford to do it with him all day. I am grateful for that. He gets so tired of me by the end of the day, that he loves playing with daddy at the end of the day.
 |
| He found my Minnie ears....he thought they were a hoot! |
 |
| shopping in style. |
No comments:
Post a Comment