As we approach Dom's 2nd birthday...I can't help but wonder where the time went. Wasn't I just putting him in his crib for nap time? wasn't he getting up every 4 hours like yesterday?
Time does fly....but not when you're NOT having fun....at the time...it seemed time had stopped. But looking back, it really went by fast.
He has learn so much here in the past few months. He understands EVERYTHING. He knows what I'm asking 100% of the time...whether he actually does it...is another story. He knows how to put his shoes on, and he identifies numbers 1-5 fairly well...he's always asking me what letter that is....I blame sesame street. He loves chocolate covered raisins, sour cream and onion chips, yogurt, goldfish crackers, and teddy grahams. He loves tomato sauce, avocado, broccoli, cheese (all sorts of them), and the usual- apples, bananas, etc. he loves to run...all the time. I' m pretty beat by 7pm. He loves stitch the movie, cars, Kung fu panda, the many adventureso d Winnie the Pooh and whatever happens to be on pbs in the mornings.
He loves books...he'll take time everyday and go over to the little bookcase and just take them all out, and just sit there looking at them. Sometimes, I help him...some of the time I don't. He pushes me away...booger. He loves the "I Spy" books. I thought it was interesting....I would assume those would be hard, but he really enjoys looking at them. I remember a certain little boy cousin who now lives in New York who loved I Spy books. I wonder if it's a genetic thing....or maybe just a boy thing. He also really likes number books.
He loves puzzles. He can do them all day... he's up to 12 pieces these days:
I love the fact that he now sleeps on a twin mattress...so when he's sick...I can sleep with him. Seriously, who wants to sleep in a crib? And I hated sleeping on the floor. This time around, it's so much easier. I did sleep in a pack n play a long time ago...when we both fit....but that was a long time ago.
We're still trying to teach him how to go potty....but most of the time he avoids me...runs to his room and does the deed anyways, then lets me know. Sometimes, he's wearing a diaper...most of the time he is not. At least he's honest and courteous about it. We'll get there....we all do....right?
He loves crafting I have discovered....or maybe just seeing new things. He loves my stamps and loves to play with them and stamping stuff he really shouldn't be stamping.and markers! He loves markers...
| Playing with the lights. |
| Playing with the ipod....I love his legs on this one. |
| Checking his own temp when he was sick |
| There's always time for reading |
| loving the pumpkin...but not the carving |
He had his first corndog. He had no idea what to make of it. I kept explaining that there was a wiener inside, but he just didn't get it. And most of the time, they were hot, which turned him off. Dom likes to eat cold food. The warmest he can take is room temp. So, once the corn dog had been sitting for a while, he decided to give it another go. I think he liked it....at least he finished it.
Now....we gotta plan a 2nd bday party!! What do you gift a 2 year old? Any ideas....?
| First time eating a corn dog |
| Ready to go trick or treating...before The nose incident. |

No comments:
Post a Comment