1. A clean house- makes me feel like I can rule the world!!! I love the smell of a clean house. vacuuming- not so much, but I do enjoy getting all the food off form the carpets. I really like the end result- me not tripping over toys and feel the crumbs as I walk by. And I LOATHE mold...so whatever I got to do to keep it form coming...I'm all for it. When people ask me: "Don't you have hobbies? "I usually say..."Um...I have a two year old...and I clean...that pretty much takes up my whole day." I squeeze Spencer at the VERY last part of my day. My husband is always making fun of me cause I'm always cleaning and my answer to him is always "this is a house of order"...and he just laughs.
2. Couponing- Seriously, everyone should do it...I really don't know why they don't. Most people buy the newspapers for $1-$2 (depending on where you live and where you get it). Our apartment complex gets some coupons delivered sometimes twice a month. It's a "lite" version of what comes in the paper...but you can go online and find more coupons too. Not a big deal. But, recently our local store had the 4 paper rolls of Angel Soft for $1...and there was a coupon in the paper for 45 cents off...well they doubled the coupon making it 90 cents off...if there was a time to STOCK UP on toilet paper....that was it...4 rolls for ten cents!!! I couldn't find the coupon...so I didn't get it, but there is plenty more times to get more stuff.
I pick up the rest of the inserts the neighbors throw away and I cut the ones I think I'll use. Just today I made a $79 trip and with coupons cut it down to $35. True Story...I'm not saying I score a lot of free stuff...but if I can cut my bill in half...sure why not? And even if you don't like to coupon that's okay...check out the websites for it anyways...cause usually they'll tell you what's on sale to begin with....so you'll know that (even with no coupon)...it's still a good price for certain things. Last week, I found ragu pasta sauce for $1...and I had no coupons...I didn't care! $1???? I was taking them...I brought like 8 home. You can never have enough pasta sauce. Some stores do a B1G1...and when they do, I stock up on pasta....that way, you're for sure getting pasta boxes for less than 80 cents (especially the ones with added fiber and veggies serving)...worth it. see? no coupon needed! Now, it would be great to stack those deals with coupons, but even on sale...you're still saving (especially if it's stuff you know your family will eat anyways).I personally like www.coupondivas.com and lozo.com (for extra online coupons).
3. Technology- HOW AWESOME IS TECHNOLOGY NOWADAYS???? Seriously, I remember freshman year in high school...the NOKIA came out. It wasn't a flip phone, it wasn't a color screen, and you couldn't take pics...but EVERYONE wanted one. It was a small screened phone with a gray background and black letters. Now, look at them! They can email, take pics, you can download music and movies, all at the palm of your hand...you don't even need to be in a wifi spot anymore...most phones can act as one and with the 3G capabilities, the possibilities are endless. And, that's just the phones. Let's talk tablets, computers, ipods....geez. I feel like I am in the middle of a geek revolution. Have you seen movies on the new retina displayed ipad??? Honestly, it's much better than MY tv. That's how awesome it is. For Christmas, my dad gave us a cable that links the ipad to the tv, so everyone can see what you're doing (like a church presentation or something)...I didn't even KNOW that EXISTED! So awesome....too bad that my tv doesn't look nearly as good as the ipad. Sometimes, Dom and I will skip the tv and watch movies on the Ipad, that's how bad we are. But that's just because my tv is old. You think 4 years is not old? Think again...it's like 20 in tech years. And yes, blurays look MUCH better than DVDs with the proper equipment. My dad recently bought a vizio (not a super expensive brand) tv and it looks amazing. We were watching "finding nemo" and I thought I was watching it in 3D. The colors were so vibrant and so crisp, I thought they were gonna jump out. I just love technology and where its headed. And yes, we need to be careful...as with anything...there's good things about it, and there's bad. Like the lack of attention we give our children nowadays, because we're glued to our own devices. But seriously HOW COOL is it to Skype with someone halfway across the world and be free???? (well minus the internet connection). I remember when my mom used to buy calling cards because our long distance phone plan was too expensive. I can't wait to see what the next few years bring....better yet, what my child will own.
3. Technology- HOW AWESOME IS TECHNOLOGY NOWADAYS???? Seriously, I remember freshman year in high school...the NOKIA came out. It wasn't a flip phone, it wasn't a color screen, and you couldn't take pics...but EVERYONE wanted one. It was a small screened phone with a gray background and black letters. Now, look at them! They can email, take pics, you can download music and movies, all at the palm of your hand...you don't even need to be in a wifi spot anymore...most phones can act as one and with the 3G capabilities, the possibilities are endless. And, that's just the phones. Let's talk tablets, computers, ipods....geez. I feel like I am in the middle of a geek revolution. Have you seen movies on the new retina displayed ipad??? Honestly, it's much better than MY tv. That's how awesome it is. For Christmas, my dad gave us a cable that links the ipad to the tv, so everyone can see what you're doing (like a church presentation or something)...I didn't even KNOW that EXISTED! So awesome....too bad that my tv doesn't look nearly as good as the ipad. Sometimes, Dom and I will skip the tv and watch movies on the Ipad, that's how bad we are. But that's just because my tv is old. You think 4 years is not old? Think again...it's like 20 in tech years. And yes, blurays look MUCH better than DVDs with the proper equipment. My dad recently bought a vizio (not a super expensive brand) tv and it looks amazing. We were watching "finding nemo" and I thought I was watching it in 3D. The colors were so vibrant and so crisp, I thought they were gonna jump out. I just love technology and where its headed. And yes, we need to be careful...as with anything...there's good things about it, and there's bad. Like the lack of attention we give our children nowadays, because we're glued to our own devices. But seriously HOW COOL is it to Skype with someone halfway across the world and be free???? (well minus the internet connection). I remember when my mom used to buy calling cards because our long distance phone plan was too expensive. I can't wait to see what the next few years bring....better yet, what my child will own.
4. My Baby- I love Dom. Sometimes, at night, I like to think about stuff. And I like to think about how my life would have been had Dom not been here now. Truth be told- I CAN'T! So, I guess that means that he's meant to be here. One of these days I will bring my camera with me, and I will take pics of my grocery shopping trips with Dom....he never fails to keep me on my toes. He's a doll...a bit dramatic, but a sweet guy nonetheless. Recently, the terrible twos have hit hard, and when he doesn't get his way...he has this HUGE crocodile tears that he knows how to work in order to try and get his way....never works...but he always tries lol. I will try to distract him by offering something else, and if it works...he'll stop crying immediately and laugh (that's how I know he's playing me) and if it doesn't...Ill let him cry a bit longer until he folds. That's how I think of it- It's a game of chicken...who's going to lose first???
| didn't nap....wasn't happy...and camera was not cooperating |
5. My Husband- he's a doll too. He's the one we are here for. He just started his clinical rotation and he goes twice a week for 12 hour shifts. So , I don't really see him Mondays and Tuesdays....then he has online classes Wednesdays and Thursdays...and then he has class until noon on Fridays....this is intense. But we knew it would be. We try our best to be quiet so he can do his homework at home, but sometimes he has to go to the library. I can only keep Dom quiet for so long. But the semester will be over in early May....and then we'll only have summer semester left!!! YAY!!! We're slowly getting there...slowly.
I know it's hard for him, but I know he's doing it for us. He likes to say "We are ALL going to school, not just me...this is for ALL of us". What a sweet man. I don't say it enough, but he really is. He really is one of my favorite people. You know you have found your life partner when all you talk about at the dinner table are farts and other funny stuff that might be too TMI for you all. He is a funny man though.
| early dinner. Uncle J was waiting for the live music... |
6. Surprise Family visits- This past weekend, we were lucky enough to have TWO family members visit. I NEVER would have thought anyone would visit us here, let alone 2 people. Uncle J was in Atlanta for work and decided to drive up the 3 hours and see his older brother (my hubs). When those two get together...things get goofy. Then a day before she arrived, Aunt V was driving cross county from Philly back to Austin and decided to spend a night with us (sort of a halfway point). She came just before dinner time. Dominic was SO excited there were so many people in the apartment (usually it's just the three of us). Aunt V convinced us to go downtown and go sight seeing. She found a recommended burger joint, which was delish, and even though it was a bit cold, we walked downtown on a Saturday night and go to see a lot of live music.
The next morning, aunt V left super early so she could get back in time for dinner with her sweet family, and uncle J left early afternoon to his sweet family. What a surprise and what a blast it is when people drop on us!!! THANK YOU- we totally needed that!
| everyone admiring the new beaut! |
| night on the town |

1 comment:
your apartments look an awful thought like remington! lol
Post a Comment