Spencer grilled while Dom played...and it was HOT (and I'm no talking about the fire). We ate inside cause it was so hot outside...we're finally getting into the triple digits....which is fine, cause were getting ready to leave this area. But it was nice to spend it together as a family. I am going to miss this- spending holidays together. When Spencer was working as a nurse, he would only get certain holidays off, so it was not uncommon for it to be just me and Dom on 4th of July or Christmas Day...or even Thanksgiving...sad I know...but every one in the medical field has to do that...it's not like stupid people don't do stupid things during the holidays....
In other good news, Spencer has accepted a job as a hospitalist in the OKC area and we'll be moving shortly. The apartments we really wanted never got back to us, and our second choice only had an end of sept opening.....so guess who's moving at the end of the month...?
Yep, I've already been scouting for boxes at restaurants nearby..and we're doing pretty good. I'll be giving away TONS of stuff including furniture...no more 16ft truck for us...that was ridiculous. I don't even know how we ended up with so much crap. Now my fiurniture is being replaced with a hefty stockpile....lol...didn't plan on that. and Dom...has a lot of toys...where did they come from??? Truth be told...they look like a lot, but they really aren't...I already did 3 boxes and most of them are up...except for his cars...he would never forgive me. Half my craft stuff is up, so I can't really do anything right now, along with half my kitchen stuff. Oh ...how I LOATHE moving...almost as much as mold. I hate how my furniture (that I TRY very hard to keep nice) always gets banged up and things always get broken because my movers suck at moving...haha. The less you have, the less of a heartache it will be. Good thing we don't have appliances...just furniture...and just three heavy pieces at that.
Spencer won't start his job until November, but since we didn't really have another apartment open up in October, we have no choice but to move. I feel bad just leaving my YW like this, but I really didn't have a choice. It was now or never. I'll leave them all the materials for the activities I was in charge of...cause I'm nice like that. It really saddens me that I won't see their end of the year projects. But, I'll get to spend more time with my mom, and maybe actually finish all the projects that are lingering around here....with her sewing machine...and her sewing skills. Spencer will get to bird and relax while the new job starts....and start paying the loans I guess....but that's another story for another day....
It's a bittersweet moment, but well worth it....I can't wait to start our new adventure....which will hopefully will end up with us buying a nice first house.
It's a bittersweet moment, but well worth it....I can't wait to start our new adventure....which will hopefully will end up with us buying a nice first house.

2 comments:
So excited for your family!
"Spencer grilled while Dom played...and it was HOT (and I'm no talking about the fire)"
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's hilarious!
p.s. I love reading your blog :)
Post a Comment