Since school has started, I have been nothing but SO busy. I once again, decided to be homeroom mom and I go to every PTO meeting I can...especially since Spencer comes home in the evenings. I try to be involved in school as much as I can...I think it makes Dom feel special. I'm sure once he goes to middle school, he will probably ask me to stay home as much as possible. Ethan's school also requires a lot of volunteers,especially when it comes to class parties and celebrating holidays...so I'll be even more busy during the holidays. I am also in the Primary Presidency and we have WAY too many activities coming up- we got the primary program in mid October, then we have touch the temple day, and we got the fall festival to help with. It's crazy. I'm always running errands in the morning with Jacob. We go to the gym four times a week and then run one errand before picking up Ethan. Then we may try to do one more, but usually we don't. Ethan does not like to cooperate. Then, once we pick up Dominic, it's all about dinner and getting homework done. So between school volunteer, primary presidency, and my own errands...I feel like I don't have enough time in the world to keep up with things....this doesn't even include chores around the house. Maybe it's time to make the Kids so something around here.
 |
We found a store with little carts SO close to Ethan's preschool |
Dominic had a good time in school. He keeps asking to ride the bus, but I"m so afraid. I told him we could walk to school but the weather has to be a bit cooler. Ethan loves school and wishes it was longer and more days. He has made friends and we babysit a kiddo down the block about once a month, and Ethan loves to have him over.
 |
| We have lunch with Dominic at least once ever couple of weeks |
Both kids had swimming lessons all September (and most of October) and they both have learned so much. I'm so impressed. Dominic learned how to float on his own...he's been working on this for like 3 summers...I'm glad it finally clicked for him. And Ethan has learned to listen...which is a life saver...for real. He's the kid that likes to run around the pool and then constantly tripping because he's not listening....so I'm very grateful that it worked out for us...especially since this weather is not exactly cold yet. It's actually still pretty warm here...still in the high 70s...so I'm glad we're taking advantage of it.
 |
| Ethan's class only had two kids. |
 |
| Dom's class only had 4 kids. |
The church had a swap meet and the kids found some cool toys, including a fort. I"m all about toys without batteries...those are the cheapest haha. And they get to use their imaginations. So I let Dom take the fort pieces, and he's been in heaven all month! We are also preparing for the Primary Program and the kids are singing all kinds of primary songs around the house. Every time Ethan has to go downstairs in the dark...he sings "I am a child of god" ...I think its so cute! He is so aware of the hymn book in sacrament, and he loves to look at ALL the songs in it while we're in there on Sunday...He knows all the numbers and some sight words...so he'll yell..."OH I found 100"...or "look I AM a child of GOD"
 |
| This little girl bike was the hit of the swap meet. |
 |
This is Dominic...on a tiny girl bike...and he loved
EVERY minute of it. |
 |
| He was playing with this all month |
 |
| Our only practice...Dom is right in the middle of the frame |
 |
| He's always so serious with other people. With us, he's a goofball |
We celebrated Spencer's 34th birthday....just the four of us. We went to Texas Roadhouse and he had some gifts from the kids...and parents. He loved all of them. It's weird..getting older....but we're so glad he's part of our family. He got to have cheesecake and he's the only one that likes it...so it worked out for him....the whole cake to himself. And you can't have cheesecake without EGGNOG...so he says.
 |
| He got a cheesecake all to himself |
 |
| My salad eating kid...for real. He gets one for himself |
 |
| There's my sugar kid...and he's so HYPER all the time |
 |
| Tiny cake..since Dad was getting his own cheesecake. |
Spencer found local farming stores, where he likes to buy landscaping supplies, and has had fun doing that all this month. He also attended an Orlando medical conference for 5 days, and left me all alone with two sick kids. Yay for me. He also works a TON. He comes home for dinner, thank goodness, and helps with putting the kids to bed...but he works like 10 days in a row, and then rests for 5, and then goes to work for another 12. It's insane. He thought he would have his 7 days on, 7 off, but a couple of providers left, leaving gaps in the schedule...so he figures he might as well make extra money for the holidays and savings....now that he actually can.
 |
When Dom comes home from school...his mind is
like 100mph. He is always making stuff. This time, he
made his own board game. |
 |
We have about an hour before school starts, so he
always finds ways to play. I think it's funny, he likes
his marbles organized. |
Here comes October!
No comments:
Post a Comment