Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

March 21, 2019

Christmas

Christmas was just us this year....it was a bit sad. But I was more prepared for it this time...than Thanksgiving.

Spencer's work had a fancy dinner and bar for the employees and got to meet several of the doctors he works with...along with all the nurses as well. Super nice people...most of them women.  It was a nice dinner too- They had a shrimp bar and a cheese bar, and a pasta bar....along with roast, potatoes, and salad. They had small dessert too, but I was so full by then...I skipped. We didn't stay very long, mainly because people were done eating...they were just getting a little to loose with them drinks....that's usually my cue to leave haha.

It's nice for us (just us) to leave the house and have fun.





For Christmas and Birthdays  (having so many things in December to worry about)....it came to my attention early on that I had to shop year round in order for the budget to not take such a hit in December. I started realizing that Jauary/Feb and July are big toy clearance events in any store really (walmart, target, kohls, cvs, walgreens, tjmaxx, ross). You have to go in store though....you wont find anything online. Mostly, they do it, to clear room for the new up coming toys for this year. So, I start buying toys in January. I know what you'er thinking..."how do you know your kids will like the same thing 12 months later?'....The only answer to that, is to focus on things they will use. I will never buy a hot toy...because it's exactly that. But Dominic loves legos....so if I can find lego sets on clearance...you bet your bum I'm getting them (especially minecraft, but he will love any lego city set too). Ethan loves books and things that are usually not branded....like alphabet foam mats, tools/tool belt, play food. If I buy things like that...it's a lot easier for them to actually like them in 12 months. Target has a "bullseye playground" (formerly dollar spot) at the front of every Target...and usually every so often, like 4-5 times a year, they fill with some toys (or DIY kits for kids) and after so much time on the shelf...they start to go on sale....that's when I pounce haha. Also, after holiday sales help a ton. MIni lego sets go on sale after Vday and Easter (all those seasonal toys they put against the wall...all those have the potential to go all the way to 90% off...along with the decor. Legos are the first thing I grab (they're also the first to go at 50% off). So...that's how I shop for my children when it comes to gifts. If I find toys cheap enough (like board games and such)...I will buy two or so and then either donate them come Christmas time or use them for friend's birthday presents.
I get to take all tags off the day before...lucky me 

It's also nice for me...a complete surprise to open all the totes Ive been storing all year long and see what the heck i bought haha....This is Christmas 2018:

Half was Santa's doing...the other half was mom and Dad. 

I found that robovaccum for $79 at Walmart....

I got lucky this year....Toys R Us was closing...so I scored some deals


I also got lucky...in July, Walmart had $2 off coupon peelies on all the
Pixar Cars....I have NEVER seen coupons attached to toys before.
Dominic was SOOOO happy. He got a huge box of them. 

They loved having a place to make big drawings....and it's two sided
so everyone has their own space. 

My kids are always happy on Christmas Day. I know a day will come when they will be specific on things they want for the their birthdays or Christmas, but for now our system works. Dominic has been asking for video games for a bit....but I'm not sure that I want to take that plunge right now. He still has time to be a kid right now....there's no need to sit down in front of the tv for hours just yet....maybe when he's older.

No comments: